C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anothe A&A install thread..

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Anothe A&A install thread..

Will be doing another DIY A&A install soon.
There have been a few but if there is anything that someone might want some focus on, go ahead and chime in. I plan on even making a video of the much talked about ABS relocation.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:36 PM
raylo
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 255 Posts

Cool. With the ABS move make sure to show how you handle the 2 lines that come in to the side.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:26 AM
konqueror5
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You using the flywheel locking tool? Maybe show that step. Other threads talk about some impossible clips so if you encounter any of those maybe highlight in a video how you removed them. Nothing else I've read off the top of my head.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:08 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by konqueror5
You using the flywheel locking tool? Maybe show that step. Other threads talk about some impossible clips so if you encounter any of those maybe highlight in a video how you removed them. Nothing else I've read off the top of my head.
I doubt i wiil get one. Ive always just used a pair of visegrips or used a heavy screwdriver through the pulley spokes. Thats how i did it when i took it off when i rebuilt the engine.
the combo of both is enough to overcome the torque without the possibility of any damage.
What ever you do....DO MOT USE AN IMPACT on a crank bolt. It's not good on the crank and bearings!!

Get notified of new replies

To Anothe A&A install thread..

Quick Reply: Anothe A&A install thread..