Why no squeaker tabs on the Carbotechs? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why no squeaker tabs on the Carbotechs?

Old 12-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Torch-Red-Z06
CF Senior Member

Default Why no squeaker tabs on the Carbotechs?

Put a set of 1521's on today. Seems odd for the price they'd have at least them on one side.

Goofy question, and I don't really care, but other than saving maybe $1 or so I'm wondering what the rationale was for not having them.

Just curious......
Old 12-03-2018, 10:42 AM
subieworx
CF Senior Member

You will rarely see any kind of anti noise device on a performance focused brake pad.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:44 PM
[email protected]'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Direct from Carbotech:

We laser cut the rear backing plates and the lugs to attach the mechanical wear sensors cannot be laser cut into that backing plate. They would have to be pressed in order to have that. i do not see us switching to those backing plates anytime soon.

The front is stamped, and to be honest, it is likely just an oversight on our part as we have been laser cutting those up until this year. So? We should probably get those if we can. I know I haven't thought about it and this is the first customer to bring it up. Thank him for us and we will look into it.

PH:216-780-8825.
Email: [email protected]
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: