C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oracle lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 11:04 AM
GSDUBBZo6
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Oracle lights

Im having issues with the Oracle markers I installed. The front and rear right side are not working. The weird part is when I locked the car up yesterday for the night they were working. I go to drive it this morning and neither of them came on when I unlocked the car. Any ideas on why they would go out over night?
Old 01-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by GSDUBBZo6
Im having issues with the Oracle markers I installed. The front and rear right side are not working. The weird part is when I locked the car up yesterday for the night they were working. I go to drive it this morning and neither of them came on when I unlocked the car. Any ideas on why they would go out over night?
How long have you had them installed? Did you make sure to lock the clip when you put them on? Maybe they've come unconnected?
Old 01-07-2019, 05:15 PM
GSDUBBZo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sconn
How long have you had them installed? Did you make sure to lock the clip when you put them on? Maybe they've come unconnected?
less than 24 hours and I hadn’t moved the car since they were working. Over night they stopped working.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

less than 24 hours and I hadn’t moved the car since they were working. Over night they stopped working.
But you definitely did check them before you put your car back together? The only thing that remotely makes sense, if they were for sure working before, is a loose connection.
I've heard of individual led's going out on those, but I haven't seen much about the entire light crapping out.
​​​​​​If it were me, I'd open it up again and check your connections. If all looks well, pull it out and send it back to Oracle for a new set. There's not much else you can do. They are an enclosed unit, so messing with them isn't worth it.

Another thing I'd try is plugging the non-working one into the working side. If that works, then you know it's not the light.
​​​​​​

Last edited by Sconn; 01-07-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:51 PM
GSDUBBZo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sconn
But you definitely did check them before you put your car back together? The only thing that remotely makes sense, if they were for sure working before, is a loose connection.
I've heard of individual led's going out on those, but I haven't seen much about the entire light crapping out.
​​​​​​If it were me, I'd open it up again and check your connections. If all looks well, pull it out and send it back to Oracle for a new set. There's not much else you can do. They are an enclosed unit, so messing with them isn't worth it.

Another thing I'd try is plugging the non-working one into the working side. If that works, then you know it's not the light.
​​​​​​
they were working before I went to bed and the car hadn’t moved until I got up this morning. I checked the lights before I even started the car and they were not working. This makes even more crazy.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:07 PM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

they were working before I went to bed and the car hadn’t moved until I got up this morning. I checked the lights before I even started the car and they were not working. This makes even more crazy.
Hmmm.. That sucks then. Have you contacted Oracle? Maybe they've seen this before and will have some suggestions for you.

Let us know what you find out... Never know if it'll happen to someone else.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:48 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,813 Likes on 2,060 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I have a set of their lights coming in shortly and I'd like to know what you find out. Please contact them and see if they have any ideas as to what the problem could be.

Elmer
Old 01-07-2019, 08:39 PM
GSDUBBZo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
I have a set of their lights coming in shortly and I'd like to know what you find out. Please contact them and see if they have any ideas as to what the problem could be.

Elmer
so I just realized that my whole right side running lights are out. Side marker, front and back running lights. Is there a fuse for each side of the running lights? I’m thinking this has to be a fuse situation correct?
Old 01-07-2019, 08:58 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

Check the engine compartment fuse block. headlights and stuff are in there.

Elmer
Old 01-08-2019, 06:48 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Update?

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 01-08-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:50 PM
GSDUBBZo6
Instructor

Update?
it’s in the dealership. There is a short somewhere and they are trying to track it down.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:57 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Did you remove the oracle lights? I take it you didn't find a fuse blown?
Old 01-09-2019, 12:44 AM
GSDUBBZo6
Instructor

Did you remove the oracle lights? I take it you didn't find a fuse blown?
it’s in the dealership. It’s not a blown fuse but a possible bcm situation.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:51 PM
Meister Vette7
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Separate issue not related to the lights actually lighting up - that actually worked well:

I ordered a set of Torch Red ghosted from Oracle directly for my 2018 Z06. After installing I noticed that there was a bad fitment issue to the extent that the new lights do not sit flush with the fenders like the OEM lights. The passenger side rear was the worst and that one won't even clip in solidly. I can pull it out with my hand from the outside. After contacting Oracle directly about this issue and requesting a refund for poor product quality I was told there is no refund for custom painted parts. I complained more and this was their response:

"Thank you for your reply. While I understand your concern please note that the lenses on the side-markers need to be raised higher than the OEM units in order to compensate for the inner components (I.e; circuitboards, LEDs, etc). This is for reasons mostly to do with heat, as excess heat decreases the lifespan of an LED dramatically, and the only way to decrease that possibility in an enclosed unit is airspace.

In regards to the clips, these do not need to be shaved down. However, it has been known for the paint process to add an additional few millimeters of thickness to them, which would make them a bit tighter to fit. Excessive force should not put placed on the unit and the shaving down is the correct process as you did.

The fitment of the sidemarkers that you have described is in fact the correct fitment of this product. A return for refund will not be eligible on this purchase."

I never mentioned anything about shaving down the parts so they must have me mixed up with another unsatisfied customer. If good fitment is something you value I would not recommend buying anything from Oracle. I am out $550 bucks but I can certainly warn others. Buyer beware!
Old 04-23-2019, 05:14 PM
charliebrown266
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 131 Likes on 108 Posts

i feel for you oracle lighting sucks!!!! i bought the color shifting lights for the headlights and had nothing but problems with them! first set wires were broken on the board and they were manufactured wrong and would fit on one side! after calling and many emails and pictures they sent me another set! guess what exact same problem has they assured me they were perfect and checked before they were sent out! they would not refund my money and wanted me to pay again for another set, i sent a email and phone calls to were i bought them and they also refused to refund my money and they are paid vendor on this site, also had problems with this vendor before with the shifter that i bought that the bore size was incorrect and would not refund my money saying that i ordered the wrong saying because i had a MGW shifter and thats why it was not correct. they said you can.t use the ball because there was made to work with a stock shifter even though the arm i was using was for stock shifter **** which i took even though i sent photos showing the inside diameter of what they sent was wrong and still would not send me a replacement or refund my money! lesson learned don.t buy oracle crap and not use this vendor ever agian!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Oracle lights

Quick Reply: Oracle lights