C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDR icon dissappear on the screen

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 04:55 AM
Norway
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PDR icon dissappear on the screen

Hi guys, I have a 2015 Z06 With the PDR. My problem is that the icon for the PDR are not present at the screen, so it appears that I don't have that feature. I do know that I have it. There has been some modifications to the system, I got a DAB+ radio module installed, apple carplay, also navigation map for europe, all original GM parts for the 2016 model.

Do you have any suggestions what it can be?

Thanx
Thomas from Norway
Old 03-08-2019, 08:37 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Dissappeared? Perhaps it moved to one of the other screens? Swipe right and left and see if it moved.

That being said, when I replaced my radio module, the PDR ICON was present but would not work. There is a vendor that can provide a properly programmed radio module so the PDR functions. Reference this thread. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1598698089&postcount=247

But I am not sure if he can deal with a Euro radio.

Last edited by Flame Red; 03-08-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:23 AM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

If you installed a 2016 module into a 2015 car, it's likely it has the wrong programming. I'd go back to whoever sold you the parts and ask them to try to make it right.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Norway
3rd Gear

Thanx guys, there’s no icon if i swipe left or right, it has just been removed. Maybe it’s an software version issue or a bad wireing. Im very thankful for your tips, Ill read them and give a update when checked them out. The problem with contacting the dealer, is that the car is now in Europe and the dealer in the US. Every component are GM original parts...

thanx
Old 03-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

I understand that they're GM parts. The problem is, GM does not endorse installing parts that were not specifically meant for your year and options. There is no GM process for installing 2016 parts into a 2015 car. So it has to be 'hacked' with workarounds and software tricks.

Whoever programmed your 2016 parts didn't use the correct files for the options your car has.

Try contacting infotainment.com. They might be able to help you.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Norway
Thanx guys, there’s no icon if i swipe left or right, it has just been removed. Maybe it’s an software version issue or a bad wireing. Im very thankful for your tips, Ill read them and give a update when checked them out. The problem with contacting the dealer, is that the car is now in Europe and the dealer in the US. Every component are GM original parts...

thanx
It's not bad wiring. Your new module has not been programmed correctly. You need to go back to the seller and have him fix it.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:38 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Don't use infotainment.com - they don't know how to get your PDR to function. SMS Text Anthony Brush 1-919-995-9523. You can try calling him but often he does not answer. He does not answer emails. Text messages he responds to. You will need a new HMI and Radio module, but I don't know if he can deal with the Euro frequencies.

Last edited by Flame Red; 03-09-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:42 AM
Norway
3rd Gear

Thanx for helpful info, good to know that the issue most likely can be solved With proper software progamming. Thanx, I really appreciate it :-)

Thomas

Get notified of new replies

To PDR icon dissappear on the screen

Quick Reply: PDR icon dissappear on the screen