C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Auto Advantage
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger question

What’s up guys,

I have a 2015 Z06. The blower just locked up on me. I have a buddy with a stock blower from a 2018 Z06 that he pulled off recently to go bigger. Anyways, will his 18’ blower directly bolt on to my 2015. I know I may need to change the hood liner but is that the only modification I will have to make?

I’ve gone through the threads pretty thoroughly haven’t found any post about swapping the entire supercharger just the lid.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Old 02-09-2019, 04:52 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Yes, it will bolt up but you will need to be sure you have ALL his parts, as it will feature improved intercooler bricks, etc. since the 2017 upgrade. I had a 2015 Z and now a 2017 and just sold my '17 stock supercharger to go ProCharger and they are essentially bolt on replacements vs the larger LID in the '17+ to offer larger bricks and improved cooling. Someone correctly me if I am wrong here :-)
Old 02-12-2019, 04:11 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

I just bought one from Callaway so I'll let you know how it works next month when I get a chance to do the swap.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:24 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Swap is done and everything is working well. The new supercharger is louder. I'm not sure if it's the difference in the hood insulation or the supercharger or both. Ran it up to 6000 in 5th and no codes. I swapped everything from the old supercharger to this one. I did get the gm gasket kit that came with new bolts, gaskets, and pvc seal and replaced all of the old stuff. I couldn't lift it off the engine by myself so I used my engine lift and it worked like a charm. Easy half day job.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:34 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
Swap is done and everything is working well. The new supercharger is louder. I'm not sure if it's the difference in the hood insulation or the supercharger or both. Ran it up to 6000 in 5th and no codes. I swapped everything from the old supercharger to this one. I did get the gm gasket kit that came with new bolts, gaskets, and pvc seal and replaced all of the old stuff. I couldn't lift it off the engine by myself so I used my engine lift and it worked like a charm. Easy half day job.
shouldnt be any louder you will have upgraded inter cooler bricks since it’s a 17+ but curios if you did a different cold air or filter? That will make it louder for sure.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:03 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
shouldnt be any louder you will have upgraded inter cooler bricks since it’s a 17+ but curios if you did a different cold air or filter? That will make it louder for sure.
The only changes I made were the hood insulator and the new blower. Everything else stayed the same. Took it for a test drive and I noticed it was louder and then my son said "it's whining and it's louder but it is louder.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:19 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
The only changes I made were the hood insulator and the new blower. Everything else stayed the same. Took it for a test drive and I noticed it was louder and then my son said "it's whining and it's louder but it is louder.
Interesting. I had a 2015 and now 2017 (same blower as 2019) didn't notice any difference. Regardless not a huge deal enjoy the updated PD blower. BTW, are you auto or M7? Sorry if I missed that...
Old 03-11-2019, 12:21 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Interesting. I had a 2015 and now 2017 (same blower as 2019) didn't notice any difference. Regardless not a huge deal enjoy the updated PD blower. BTW, are you auto or M7? Sorry if I missed that...
M7. Honestly if I'd not driven the car before and after I might not have noticed it either.

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharger question

Quick Reply: Supercharger question