C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling options

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 01:03 AM
seCen
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Cooling options

What are the cooling options for someone with force induction. I seriously in dire need of cooling temps because my car heat soak with a few minutes of driving in this 95+ heat.

What would remedy it? Im thinking of meth but dont want to be dependent on it for cooling/fueling. Bigger radiator, oil exchanger?
Old 06-06-2019, 02:14 PM
Silvah Goat
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by seCen
What are the cooling options for someone with force induction. I seriously in dire need of cooling temps because my car heat soak with a few minutes of driving in this 95+ heat.

What would remedy it? Im thinking of meth but dont want to be dependent on it for cooling/fueling. Bigger radiator, oil exchanger?
Perhaps the Katech 160 stat, the newer Z06 2" radiator, and a larger HX up front. I did the Afco and it seemed to do well while on the dyno for 3 hours. I am installing the Katech after having a 160 stat failure from another brand, and the 2" radiator tomorrow.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-radiator.html
Old 06-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Lots of things you can do. Are you just street driving it or tracking it as well?
Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 PM
seCen
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Silvah Goat
Perhaps the Katech 160 stat, the newer Z06 2" radiator, and a larger HX up front. I did the Afco and it seemed to do well while on the dyno for 3 hours. I am installing the Katech after having a 160 stat failure from another brand, and the 2" radiator tomorrow.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-radiator.html
The 160 stat was my next thing to do. Just been seeing it fail so wasnt sure which brand to go with.

Is there like a a2w intercooler or a expansion tank thats being offered for the z06 that can work on the base?

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
Lots of things you can do. Are you just street driving it or tracking it as well?
Its a dd. Only do a few highway pulls every now and then. No track.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

The 160 stat was my next thing to do. Just been seeing it fail so wasnt sure which brand to go with.

Is there like a a2w intercooler or a expansion tank thats being offered for the z06 that can work on the base?

Its a dd. Only do a few highway pulls every now and then. No track.
Radiator and expansion tank will do the trick give me a call at the shop tomorrow I have both 972-429-1963
Old 06-06-2019, 10:07 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default Ttt

Great shop to do business with I have a ton of their parts in & on my car EVERY one of them has worked great & does what it says it will do... Great guys here... Robert
The following users liked this post:
Dane@LGmotorsports (06-11-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Cooling options

Quick Reply: Cooling options