C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 03:20 PM
ROCCON
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket wheels

I have a 2017 Grandsport with 4 bent factory rims. I understand this is an inherent problem with factory GS and Z06 rims. That being said I do not want to replace with GM OEM. I have gloss black wheels and love the look. I found some reproduction ones but unfortunately they are not forged or DOT certified. I am being told to avoid these as they will fail under heavy load. Who here has had good luck with aftermarket wheels that may look similar to my factory ones ?
The following users liked this post:
PK Auto Design (06-18-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 03:45 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 637 Likes on 375 Posts

Call Khoa @ Deity Motorsports for Signature forged wheels. They are true forged and certified,

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 06-18-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:52 AM
Fredtoo
Pro

Received 293 Likes on 179 Posts

The DOT does not certify wheels, the manufacturer self certifies that wheels that are compliant.

Who is telling you that the wheels will fail under heavy load?
Old 06-16-2019, 08:30 AM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 637 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Fredtoo
The DOT does not certify wheels, the manufacturer self certifies that wheels that are compliant.

Who is telling you that the wheels will fail under heavy load?
OP is probably reaching the conclusion that the wheels are a problem after reading or hearing of the multiple cracked wheel threads on the forum.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:42 PM
redman76
Melting Slicks

Received 347 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Roccon, welcome to the forum. I just went through the same exercise due to bent/cracked wheels. There are a lot of choices out there. What's you budget? Wheels can get very expensive, especially in the GS/Z06 sizes. I track my car a couple of times a year, so decided to go with the BC Forged monoblocks from PK Auto Design; I felt they provide the best strength/cost. Worth a look IMO.
The following users liked this post:
PK Auto Design (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 02:05 PM
PK Auto Design
Supporting Vendor

Received 138 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCCON
I have a 2017 Grandsport with 4 bent factory rims. I understand this is an inherent problem with factory GS and Z06 rims. That being said I do not want to replace with GM OEM. I have gloss black wheels and love the look. I found some reproduction ones but unfortunately they are not forged or DOT certified. I am being told to avoid these as they will fail under heavy load. Who here has had good luck with aftermarket wheels that may look similar to my factory ones ?
I would be more then happy to help you out with any questions or concerns you may have.

We are assisting a lot of members here throughout the board on concerns and new products they require.

Paul A.

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket wheels

Quick Reply: Aftermarket wheels