C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment tools

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 08:33 AM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Alignment tools

I was lucky enough to attend the 24 hours of Nürburgring this year and I saw this weight/alignment setup in more than one pit.

I confess to knowing slightly more than nothing. Is anyone familiar with these tools and their cost?
Old 07-09-2019, 09:40 AM
0CSM Performance
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Bill,

First off, congrats on going to Nürburgring that's awesome! They are utilizing a Hub Stand setup albeit one that they can't set alignment specs with alone (will explain later). The Hub Stands are sitting on scales followed by leveling plates around the vehicle to ensure accurate weights and alignment measurements. The Hub Stands they are utilizing use leveling pads to support themselves. This works fine when cradled with turn plates and such but in a standalone scenario they won't be able to allow the wheel to rotate back and forth for the Caster measurement. Similarly if Camber is changed it'll attempt to push or pull the bottom of the Hub Stand (at the leveling feet) in or out as the angle changes which will cause potential binding. The same occurs with changing Toe as the leveling feet will need to "slide" on whatever surface they are sitting on to move and see the measurement change. If not, this will cause inaccurate measurements. My best guess is that they use the Hub Stand on turn plates and they simply make it easier to access the suspension components.

Our Hub Stands incorporate ball bearings on the bottom surface as well as pivot pins for camber (and caster) change to ensure there is no binding at all. Think of it as a Hub Stand, turn plate, and toe plate all rolled into one convenient package. I've attached some photos below.

Here is our new MK II Precision Hub Stands

Our Original Precision Hub Stands:

You can check us out @: https://csmperformance.com/home/

Thanks!
Colton @ CSM Performance LLC

Last edited by CSM Performance; 07-09-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:46 AM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Colton thanks for the reply. What about the measuring devises?
Old 07-09-2019, 09:53 AM
0CSM Performance
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroit_Bill
Colton thanks for the reply. What about the measuring devises?
Honestly, I'm not 100% sure but it looks like some sort of toe measuring device, maybe a laser setup. I wonder if there's some other components to the system that aren't in the photos. They could also have a camber gauge inside the box extending from the hub stand as well. Someone else here may have experience with this system and can give more details.

Last edited by CSM Performance; 07-09-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment tools

Quick Reply: Alignment tools