Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone doing roller tip LT rockers?

Old 07-12-2019, 08:07 AM
C5-VERT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 120 Likes on 90 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Default Anyone doing roller tip LT rockers?

I think Texas Speed sells some. I have always had good success with Yella Terra on LS motors. Not much experience on GenV LT's yet as far as valvetrains go. I like the new Gen 2 BTR trunion upgrades which feature hardened bearings over the previous gens. But at least for a stock cam curious if roller tip is even worth it if doing a valvetrain upgrade? I plan on doing a top-end complete valvetrain upgrade but trying to get exact specs and understanding for a stock cam (I don't need to swap a cam I am good power-wise) are there better spring options also? Can we get dual springs on stock cam profile? Specs? I searched and don't see much out there for stock cams what people are doing I know most just upgrade cams to lose Dod and take VVT out as well. I can swap a cam but I don't really want to go through all that labor until I need to (lifter stuck, etc). I make enough power so just looking to make the best choice of upgrades up top.

When it's all said and done I will share what path I go down and purchase. Maybe it will help someone like me in the future. I know plenty don't like to share specs but I don't mind sharing what I find works for me especially if it helps our community.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:05 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Received 1,205 Likes on 1,096 Posts
Default Ttt

Buddy you really dont need them on this car at all just do the stock upgrade for them from BTR is where I got mine...With the arms being 1.8 and the weight diff's no really diff for the money to power..Robert
Old 07-13-2019, 04:01 PM
C5-VERT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by robert miller View Post
Buddy you really dont need them on this car at all just do the stock upgrade for them from BTR is where I got mine...With the arms being 1.8 and the weight diff's no really diff for the money to power..Robert
What I am hearing from most everyone Robert. So no point in me wasting money. Going with a good trunion upgrade, better springs, retainers, etc. I am not really ready for the whole cam install yet I have spent so much time and effort (and money) in this car over the last year. I have some bad valve stem seals so while I am replacing those makes sense to upgrade as much as the valvetrain as I can. But to fully remove the DoD lifters I need a cam so those will stay for now. I have an M7 (never ran Eco mode) and it's disabled via tune also. I am ok with power also for now mostly just want to get my car running perfect and enjoy it for a bit get to a couple more road race events when it cools off, then get into a nice aggressive camshaft sometime next year.

Robert, I did get my new 18" signature SV108's and ordered my MT 325 35 18 Street R's today those should be in by Wed. So I hope to get it all together by next weekend and try to get some 1/4 mile times soon! Being an M7 not looking for much just to break the 9's. Thanks for always helping bud!
Old 07-13-2019, 09:57 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Received 1,205 Likes on 1,096 Posts
Default Ttt

Your welcome man we all should try & help on stuff that has tried it & really wasn't worth the $ for sure. What I hate is more than a few guys in here that does stuff it didnt work per say at all. Then pull it & say going a diff set up & direction on it.. I am just trying to get all the new C.F. parts on mine now that I have got her back, Plus trying to get Pat G working on a good tune for it.. Robert
Old 07-14-2019, 03:14 PM
C5-VERT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by robert miller View Post
Your welcome man we all should try & help on stuff that has tried it & really wasn't worth the $ for sure. What I hate is more than a few guys in here that does stuff it didnt work per say at all. Then pull it & say going a diff set up & direction on it.. I am just trying to get all the new C.F. parts on mine now that I have got her back, Plus trying to get Pat G working on a good tune for it.. Robert
Totally agree I personally don't mind sharing all my details as well as plenty of others are huge helps on here even yourself. What makes a forum great! I have been on here since 2000 have learned so much from some very sharp individuals. l am talking to BTR in the morning but the .650 lift and spring rates of the conicals shouldn't be too far off the stock beehives in fact the conicals work very well up top (high rpm) they will add some load to the stock cam but trade off for reliability. I also know it will for sure help valve float up top which the stockers are known for on big boost. I will give them a shot and report back on how they do. $300 isn't a bad investment worse case I will just upgrade my cam (planning it anyway so thinking ahead).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone doing roller tip LT rockers?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: