C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 05:06 PM
RFxGh0st
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C7 Motor Mounts

Hey guys after 7 track days on my 2014 z51 I'm noticing my headers are making contact with steering colum shaft on high G corners , I don't see any fluid leaking from my motor mounts but wonder if they are worn out I'd like to go poly but unless I'm wrong I don't think anyone manufactures them for c7 at all or anymore , I've thought about LG solid but don't know if I could tolerate the NVH any ideas or comments would be appreciated cheers.
Old 05-12-2024, 03:34 PM
ZMC2001
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

I have the OEM mounts on my Z, but I have solid engine and trans mounts on my mustang drag car. I absolutely hate the solid mounts when driving the street, way more clunk/vibration. Solid mounts are good, but I personally don't like them for regular driving.
The following users liked this post:
RFxGh0st (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 10:21 PM
RFxGh0st
Cruising

Originally Posted by ZMC2001
I have the OEM mounts on my Z, but I have solid engine and trans mounts on my mustang drag car. I absolutely hate the solid mounts when driving the street, way more clunk/vibration. Solid mounts are good, but I personally don't like them for regular driving.
yea that's what I figured was hoping for a nice middle Ground Polly option but looks like oem it will be
Old 05-16-2024, 06:04 PM
CraigStu
Drifting

Received 419 Likes on 307 Posts

Once in the past on a totally different car I had a similar problem. My solution was to build a bracket off the frame w/ a fairly hard chunk of rubber on the end. That rubber piece just barely touched the side of the head. So normal driving it had no effect. But at full throttle the engine wanted to rotate, but it couldn't since my chunk of rubber was in it's way.
Old 05-27-2024, 06:47 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMC2001
If you pour 50-70 Shore Urethane in the top opening of the Mount, it will stiffen it up. Leave about a 1/4 inch space from the top if you want slight flex, and check it, or fill it to the top if you want it as stiff if a polyurethane mount.
I'll post pics if you're interested.
Old 05-28-2024, 08:29 PM
RFxGh0st
Cruising

Originally Posted by phantom1
If you pour 50-70 Shore Urethane in the top opening of the Mount, it will stiffen it up. Leave about a 1/4 inch space from the top if you want slight flex, and check it, or fill it to the top if you want it as stiff if a polyurethane mount.
I'll post pics if you're interested.
appreciate the advice found Hinson makes poly mounts for the c7 and heard good things about them on c6 forums so went with those installing them tomorrow along with progress tech sway bars excited to see the differences for my area 27 lapping day this weekend.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:51 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by RFxGh0st
appreciate the advice found Hinson makes poly mounts for the c7 and heard good things about them on c6 forums so went with those installing them tomorrow along with progress tech sway bars excited to see the differences for my area 27 lapping day this weekend.
Good to know. I have the Hinson shifter. Great product.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Motor Mounts

Quick Reply: C7 Motor Mounts