C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Will HPDE be included?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:38 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Will HPDE be included?

Will it/should it?
Old 12-19-2013, 10:41 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,312 Likes on 1,978 Posts

Would be nice, especially if it's offered at bowling green after they build their track. I'd like it offered as an option though so those that aren't interested can save some cash.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

IMO is should be, consistent with the similar C6 program.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:56 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
IMO is should be, consistent with the similar C6 program.
How useful/valuable/important did you find it in conjunction with your ZR1 purchase?
Old 12-20-2013, 12:04 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

I doubt they do it if they plan to sell the Z in five figure production figures per year. Wasn't a huge investment for them for the ZR as that was a four figure production car for most of its years.

As a ZR customer it was a fantastic program. Nothing like quality instruction in general, and then to have the opportunity to exercise the ZR made it even better.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
How useful/valuable/important did you find it in conjunction with your ZR1 purchase?
RC, it was an extra incentive (3 day HPDE) at the time, combined with the 0% financing, that helped sway the deal.
But, the financing really clinched it...

Originally Posted by OnPoint
I doubt they do it if they plan to sell the Z in five figure production figures per year. Wasn't a huge investment for them for the ZR as that was a four figure production car for most of its years.

As a ZR customer it was a fantastic program. Nothing like quality instruction in general, and then to have the opportunity to exercise the ZR made it even better.

completely
Old 12-20-2013, 10:26 AM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Considering some of the recent posts, a HPDE may not be necessary.

With removable tops and automatic transmissions the Z car will be reduced to a straight line only grocery getter for us old folks that get excited when the dash board lights up. Fear not, we will not endure this debacle for long because once this track car wanna-be gets delivered, the sky is going to fail through the removable top, hit the slick stick shifter into gear causing irreparable damage to the owners low income housing unit. GM will be forced to recall all C7 Z cars to bolt down the roofs and replace the slush box with a proper 4-speed manual and a third pedal. Radio/heater delete will be optional.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:54 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1xL82

With removable tops and automatic transmissions the Z car will be reduced to a straight line only grocery getter for us old folks that get excited when the dash board lights up. Fear not, we will not endure this debacle for long because once this track car wanna-be gets delivered, the sky is going to fail through the removable top, hit the slick stick shifter into gear causing irreparable damage to the owners low income housing unit. GM will be forced to recall all C7 Z cars to bolt down the roofs and replace the slush box with a proper 4-speed manual and a third pedal. Radio/heater delete will be optional.
Although I like some of your ideas, especially the heater and radio delete, I think a removable roof will hardly make the car a straight-line car only. I raced my C4 with the roof off because I couldn't sit in the car with a helmet on, otherwise, and it did ok even though it was as flexible as a wet noodle. The C7 is way stiffer even with the roof off.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I'll point out that most of the people making such claims would struggle with the standard pit out procedure at most tracks.
S.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:20 AM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Keeping in mind my first sentence: "Considering some of the recent posts, a HPDE may not be necessary."

I was being highly sarcastic in my post...and apparently did a lousy job making that clear. Personally, I have a strong preference for automated transmission, removal top, and all the toys. Sure I'll track the thing, but I personally want a luxo GT car that can be tracked, not barely street legal track car. To each there own.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Keeping in mind my first sentence: "Considering some of the recent posts, a HPDE may not be necessary."

I was being highly sarcastic in my post...and apparently did a lousy job making that clear. Personally, I have a strong preference for automated transmission, removal top, and all the toys. Sure I'll track the thing, but I personally want a luxo GT car that can be tracked, not barely street legal track car. To each there own.
What you want is a track-competent street car, not a street-competent track car.
S.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:01 AM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Originally Posted by Snorman
What you want is a track-competent street car, not a street-competent track car.
S.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:03 PM
C6Sixspeed
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad I read on before replying to your first post I personally hope the Z06 can be configured away you want. If you want to track it, go with the fixed-roof and manual. If you want the HP but prefer more of a GT car for cruising the coast, then go with a targa/convert with an automatic.

I didn't see a thread for this, but worldcarfans have an article that says this might be the last Z06 if sales don't pick up (not saying if it's accurate or not):

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11312276...e-the-last-one
Old 12-28-2013, 02:35 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

An HPDE where? Nearby track to me? Free lapping at Laguna Seca? Sure.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:44 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
An HPDE where? Nearby track to me? Free lapping at Laguna Seca? Sure.
When it was offered to C6 ZR1 buyers I believe it was a choice between Ron Fellows and Bondurant schools.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:49 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

When it was offered to C6 ZR1 buyers I believe it was a choice between Ron Fellows and Bondurant schools.
Then my answer is a resounding YES! Bring it Chevy!
Old 12-28-2013, 03:50 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

EXACTLY!

Different strokes for different folks.

Why some people on this site resort to name calling, insults, and other childish behavior when someone has a different preference than they is beyond me. Good 'ol human nature combined with keyboard bravado I guess! Rough group here!

Get notified of new replies

To Will HPDE be included?

Quick Reply: Will HPDE be included?