C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z07 Aero Package-concern

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 09:31 PM
WELEPRO
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Z07 Aero Package-concern

Anyone else concerned about the upright "canards" I think they're called on the stage 3 aero package? I'm getting a Z07, so I'm stuck with these. However, not only do I find them unsightly, don't you think it will be a trap for every piece of road debris possible?

Anyone else worried about this?

Old 09-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

GM is calling them "splitter winglets" and on the Z07 they come in the trunk of the car. You don't have to put them on if you don't want to and can use the smaller ones instead.
S.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:42 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

They are removable.

The package comes with two sets of winglets, one about 2-3 inches tall and less wide and one about 11 inches tall. They are held on with two bolts. The idea is to use the tall ones on the track and the small ones on the street.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:08 PM
soulsea
Alcoholics Unanimous
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,642 Likes on 413 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Are those 'winglets' carbon flash connecting to the carbon fiber splitter?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:09 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
GM is calling them "splitter winglets" and on the Z07 they come in the trunk of the car. You don't have to put them on if you don't want to and can use the smaller ones instead.
S.

Actually, GM is now calling them Splitter "End Plates".
Old 09-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

[QUOTE=WELEPRO;1587766600]Anyone else concerned about the upright "canards" I think they're called on the stage 3 aero package? I'm getting a Z07, so I'm stuck with these. However, not only do I find them unsightly, don't you think it will be a trap for every piece of road debris possible?

Absolutely they will, but you can take them off of DD and put them on for track days. At least that is my understanding, that they will be in trunk when you pick up your Z07.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
Actually, GM is now calling them Splitter "End Plates".
Oh yeah...winglets was the old name. My mistake.
S.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:26 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Are those 'winglets' carbon flash connecting to the carbon fiber splitter?

yes that is why alot of people are going with non exposed carbon since imho it looks sorta funky with those being black and splitter in carbon exposed
Old 09-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dvandentop
yes that is why alot of people are going with non exposed carbon since imho it looks sorta funky with those being black and splitter in carbon exposed
On a CFV Stage 2 or Z07 car, the small end plates are also visible carbon fiber, while the larger end plates (on the Z07 only) are carbon flash.
So if the small end plates are mounted on either, they'll match the visible carbon fiber splitter.
S.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:33 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

On a CFV Stage 2 or Z07 car, the small end plates are also visible carbon fiber, while the larger end plates (on the Z07 only) are carbon flash.
So if the small end plates are mounted on either, they'll match the visible carbon fiber splitter.
S.
cool did not know they were making the wingles in exposes and non exposed. though all end plates were non exposed.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:34 PM
soulsea
Alcoholics Unanimous
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by dvandentop
The best thing that's ever happened is the 16 days between allocation and order placement enabling many of us to pick up on these details and having the time to amend our orders. VCF is out for me, which is unfortunate because it's a beautiful finish that one should be able to have consistent across all the contrasts.

On the topic of the end plates. Maybe it's just the angle of the pic, but in the OP the fender lip extensions appear color matched to the vehicle, whereas on all the other pics I've seen they look to be a textured plastic sort of finish. Am I missing something?
Old 09-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by soulsea
Maybe it's just the angle of the pic, but in the OP the fender lip extensions appear color matched to the vehicle, whereas on all the other pics I've seen they look to be a textured plastic sort of finish. Am I missing something?
They're not color matched, it's just the lighting.
They would look bad color matched, IMO. I think they'd look much better painted carbon flash. However, for their purpose and angle relative to incoming debris, I would guess they may get awfully chipped if they are painted. They could be painted and then Xpel'd. But, IMO, since that's a functional piece, it would look better with contrast than trying to blend it into the fender.
S.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:55 PM
soulsea
Alcoholics Unanimous
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15-'16

They're not color matched, it's just the lighting.
They would look bad color matched, IMO. I think they'd look much better painted carbon flash. However, for their purpose and angle relative to incoming debris, I would guess they may get awfully chipped if they are painted. They could be painted and then Xpel'd. But, IMO, since that's a functional piece, it would look better with contrast than trying to blend it into the fender.
S.
Thanks Snorman.

You also said:

"On a CFV Stage 2 or Z07 car, the small end plates are also visible carbon fiber, while the larger end plates (on the Z07 only) are carbon flash.
So if the small end plates are mounted on either, they'll match the visible carbon fiber splitter."

I'm trying to figure this out ... if I buy the carbon flash package with my Z07 package, will both end plates be carbon flash, or the large end plates are always going to be carbon flash and the smaller visible carbon no matter which aero package one chooses?

Get notified of new replies

To Z07 Aero Package-concern

Quick Reply: Z07 Aero Package-concern