C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 C7.R vs 2016 Viper ACR

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Dethred
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

So what we have here is 12+ pages of someone who has owned multiple corvettes and vipers (Nineball) arguing with several people that have probably never sat in a Viper.

Stupidity can't be cured with words, written or spoken. When the ACR stomps the Z07 left and right, these children will frown and remind themselves that their car comes in an automatic and car be comfortably daily driven with 4 cylinder mode to achieve 20mpg around town. Oh yeah, and it sells to middle-age men in droves. Before the overheating issues, it was a car that would be a circuit lapping supercar, then it's down to "the auto can pull 10's stock", now we're down to:

-Auto
-Convertible
-Middle-age man magnet
-fuel economy
-comfort

^^^ In other words, all the REAL reasons people buy sports cars.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:03 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Speak for yourself!

For me it's down to:

Hot Laps???!!!
Figure eights???!!!

And I would like to see the A8 do the deeds for the more complete performance car picture! You know 0-60, 1/4 mile prowess and ease in the street car grocery getting more complete sports car!

But, the ACR at The Ring, yes sir (Z07 not so much)!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-11-2015 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavender
Another meltdown candidate. Welcome
Only a candidate - I'm offended. I will decline your invitation to the meltdown at this point, but by all means you continue to enjoy it.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Dethred
So what we have here is 12+ pages of someone who has owned multiple corvettes and vipers (Nineball) arguing with several people that have probably never sat in a Viper.

Stupidity can't be cured with words, written or spoken. When the ACR stomps the Z07 left and right, these children will frown and remind themselves that their car comes in an automatic and car be comfortably daily driven with 4 cylinder mode to achieve 20mpg around town. Oh yeah, and it sells to middle-age men in droves. Before the overheating issues, it was a car that would be a circuit lapping supercar, then it's down to "the auto can pull 10's stock", now we're down to:

-Auto
-Convertible
-Middle-age man magnet
-fuel economy
-comfort

^^^ In other words, all the REAL reasons people buy sports cars.
Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
For me it's down to:

Hot Laps???!!!
Figure eights???!!!

And I would like to see the A8 do the deeds for the more complete performance car picture! You know 0-60, 1/4 mile prowess and ease in the street car grocery getting more complete sports car!

But, the ACR at The Ring, yes sir (Z07 not so much)!

You guys forgot the other important advantage for this ultimate Z06 - with the convertible you can attend the local Arbor Day Parade with the home coming queen sitting on the deck waving to the crowd - hopefully with the less than brisk pace the heat issue will not arise..
Old 05-11-2015, 07:52 PM
bpsmokinhot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony I want to thank you for all the knowledge and insight you have always brought to the table, here and at the VOA. You have forgotten more than many of these posters ever knew.

Some of you Corvette guys (p.s. I have owned five) should listen to Snormans post a little earlier, he is very pro GM and he even paid homage to the upcoming ACR and he too knows what he's talking about.

Last edited by bpsmokinhot; 05-11-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:14 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Old 05-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
You guys forgot the other important advantage for this ultimate Z06 - with the convertible you can attend the local Arbor Day Parade with the home coming queen sitting on the deck waving to the crowd - hopefully with the less than brisk pace the heat issue will not arise..
Sadly, the Z06 with available automatic and convertible top really has turned into the ultimate parade car.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:06 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavender
No. Simply because I just love seeing folks fail into meltdown over the subject.
I have an alternative theory; you don't own any of the cars you keep talking about.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,755 Likes on 4,184 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

OK, 12 pages of this is plenty.

THREAD CLOSED.

Quick Reply: Z06 C7.R vs 2016 Viper ACR