C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports
View Poll Results: If you've Overheated What is Your Stage Aero 1, 2 or 3
Stage 1 Aero
22.64%
Stage 2 Aero
20.92%
Stage 3 Aero
56.45%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge***

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Deuuuce
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by doorucik
Yes. Vehicle is stock. Thinking witch way to go next with it. Tesla runs 10.8's not bad for Electric Car.
No, sub 10.3 at 136mph is NOT stock no matter the temperatures. Either that is your onboard computer which is not official (and quite optimistic) or a bad timing system at the dragstrip. No stock Z06 does that, especially at the temps you reported. It's wrong.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:34 PM
doorucik
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
No, sub 10.3 at 136mph is NOT stock no matter the temperatures. Either that is your onboard computer which is not official (and quite optimistic) or a bad timing system at the dragstrip. No stock Z06 does that, especially at the temps you reported. It's wrong.
Well did it with one pass and professional driver. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's. (Semi-Slicks). The driver tested track temperature with heat module. Vehicle temp. was 180. He hooked it and went straight. Left lane. I requested only one thing that no vehicle to run in right lane if you know what I mean. This is at AAA Fontana Motor Speedway. Top updated equipment. Well next time I go there just 2 Octane over 93 Octane gave me little more throttle edge response in very hot weather. Feels like more HP. Boy I wonder what it will run next time. The ECU control unit controls a series of actuators versatile to a point. No need to upgrade.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Deuuuce
Racer

Originally Posted by doorucik
Well did it with one pass and professional driver. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's. (Semi-Slicks). The driver tested track temperature with heat module. Vehicle temp. was 180. He hooked it and went straight. Left lane. I requested only one thing that no vehicle to run in right lane if you know what I mean. This is at AAA Fontana Motor Speedway. Top updated equipment. Well next time I go there just 2 Octane over 93 Octane gave me little more throttle edge response in very hot weather. Feels like more HP. Boy I wonder what it will run next time. The ECU control unit controls a series of actuators versatile to a point. No need to upgrade.
BS, that would be record run by far for a stock Z06 especially in those conditions. I don't care if your driver was Antron Brown. You're either lying or the equipment was faulty, period.

The check the C7 Z06 fast list, you're way out of the ballpark.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:25 PM
doorucik
Heel & Toe

BS, that would be record run by far for a stock Z06 especially in those conditions. I don't care if your driver was Antron Brown. You're either lying or the equipment was faulty, period.

The check the C7 Z06 fast list, you're way out of the ballpark.
Well it is what it is. My vehicle is not the only one there. My ET and MPH is not bad for a track car. There are much quicker Z06 Corvette's there that day that help me understand the issues of hooking properly and going straight. Professional driver was my choice. No need to get into BS mode. Automatic Transmission. 0-60 in 2.9. Yes 10.30 @136 mph for this one. I'am sure it will go 205 mph (Top End Speed). But I'am not going to try that. At a rolling start at 30 mph there is nothing on the street factory stock that can touch it. Nothing yet. I can vouch for that.

Last edited by doorucik; 08-04-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Deuuuce
Racer

First, didn't happen. Second, there are numerous stock cars that can take it from a roll.

The fact all 11 of your posts are on this thread suggests you don't own a C7 Z06 let alone ran that quick, stock.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 08-03-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:19 PM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah I don't think he can produce any proof, he is just a troll.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:53 PM
doorucik
Heel & Toe

First, didn't happen. Second, there are numerous stock cars that can take it from a roll.

The fact all 11 of your posts are on this thread suggests you don't own a C7 Z06 let alone ran that quick, stock.
Well original conversation started with 2015-2016 Z06 owners complaining about there vehicles going into Limp Mode and Overheating! What? Then I stated my results as a owner of the same vehicle. I have no overheating stories or the ECU control pausing your vehicles because you reached the limit of abuse. (Pace makes the race). There is a way to drive on the TRACK. Check YouTube. Type Z06 Corvette Quarter mile times. My time is average. A lot of people do better because they don't have all that aerodynamic down force spliters, down planes, three stage rear wing and wickerbil. What do you need next my VIN#.

Welcome to
Auto Club Dragway
Street Legal Drags
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Radio Channel FM 104.9
www.autoclubspeedway.com

2:04 pm
29/OCT/2016

2016 Black Z06 AAA

Car# … …
Class … …

Dial … …
R/T … +1.3018 …
60’ … 1.4958 …
330 … 4.1193 …
1 / 8 … 6.3055 …
MPH … 109.29 …
1000 … 8.346 …
1 / 4 … 10.257 …
MPH … 136.20 …

Left 1 st Right …

Compulink AUTOSTART OFF
Rnd # Q0 447 /
… CompuLink StarTRAK 2013

Last edited by doorucik; 08-04-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:55 AM
ferraf
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

What the heck is stealth mode?

Your car isn't stock and a 1/4 mile run shouldn't cause overheating. It's not like a Tesla.
Stealth mode to me is putting it in "E"economy or "T"during mode to quiet down those high DB's comping out the back....

Of course you can go into settings and make it stealth mode in any mode the car is in too. by default the setting is "auto" and adjusts with the suspension setting.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:09 AM
doorucik
Heel & Toe

Planning to go to Big Willow Springs when weather cools down. I know a racer that I can take this 2016 Z06 / Z07 Corvette 3LZ A8 Track Version on his enclosed trailer. He will help me out. Will stop at Chevrolet dealer first to change-out 5W30 oil for 15W50 for Track and Competition. Well he's got all the cooling methods I stated before. Yes they do sell racing fuel at the track. If 91 octane is not enough. Vehicle calls for 93 octane factory. Then buy racing fuel (unleaded only). I'll run 95.5 octane. Vehicle will adjust for that. Will follow up.

Last edited by doorucik; 08-13-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:11 AM
doorucik
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by ferraf
Stealth mode to me is putting it in "E"economy or "T"during mode to quiet down those high DB's comping out the back....

Of course you can go into settings and make it stealth mode in any mode the car is in too. by default the setting is "auto" and adjusts with the suspension setting.
That's right Ferraf I like that "Stealth Mode" in Economy or Touring mode yes taking it easy. Then when it's time to ingauge we go to Sport mode or how about "Warp Speed". Mr. Sulu is any body in the rear view mirror.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Izzy1000
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default GM Cooling package for the ZO6

A friend told me that the new cooling package from GM is $6000.00.

I can't believe they are asking us to pay for it. Even if they fixed all 8000 ZO6 car it's only about $48 Million. Chump change to GM.

Last edited by Izzy1000; 08-10-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:14 AM
JDrew
Intermediate

Default Old Member - Recent Return / Overheating

Long time member, just returning. Bought a new 2016 ZO6 so took advantage of the GM discount offering to attend the Ron Fellows Performance driving school outside of Las Vegas in Pahrump, NV a few weeks ago. For me, it was an amazing experience. Highly recommended. I drove a 8-speed configured like my own and after 3 hard laps around the 2.2 mile track we would routinely overheat. I was told by the instructors it is very common in the 8-speeds but not the manual transmission Z06's. I hadn't heard there was a cooling package available. It's definitely needed if you are going to track your 8-speed Z06. I experienced it first hand multiple times.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Jsilvester81
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by JDrew
Long time member, just returning. Bought a new 2016 ZO6 so took advantage of the GM discount offering to attend the Ron Fellows Performance driving school outside of Las Vegas in Pahrump, NV a few weeks ago. For me, it was an amazing experience. Highly recommended. I drove a 8-speed configured like my own and after 3 hard laps around the 2.2 mile track we would routinely overheat. I was told by the instructors it is very common in the 8-speeds but not the manual transmission Z06's. I hadn't heard there was a cooling package available. It's definitely needed if you are going to track your 8-speed Z06. I experienced it first hand multiple times.

and that Who is Greg Byant???
is why A8's are no longer offered in the level 2 class. This is embarrassing for GM since they set us up with the Ron fellows driving experience for owners who buy new.

I will do mine in a few months.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:33 PM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

oh they used to offer level 2? was it also 1000 bucks before? I did some driving school before I wonder if I can do level 2.

when did they stop offering it? but manual they still offer it right.

sounds like for most cases manual doesn't overheat. but not all
Old 08-13-2017, 03:18 PM
JDrew
Intermediate

Originally Posted by okaythen
oh they used to offer level 2? was it also 1000 bucks before? I did some driving school before I wonder if I can do level 2.

when did they stop offering it? but manual they still offer it right.

sounds like for most cases manual doesn't overheat. but not all
The Performance Training is what I would consider to be the new owner orientation for the $1K discounted price if done within the first year. My Dad did it with me, but it cost me $3,900 for him because his ZO6 is 2015 and he didn't attend within the initial year. Once you complete the Performance Training they also offer the Level 1 and Level 2 and/or you can schedule private driving through Spring Mountain. Lot's of growth and development planned and more new track to be built. They gave me a "come back" special which I will probably do. It was worth it to me to track the ZO6 (theirs and not mine).
Old 08-13-2017, 04:01 PM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

so for the 1k discount it's only performance training? 1k doesn't apply to level 1 and level 2?

I have done courses similar to level 1 but it was awhile ago.

Do they offer the come back price for everyone? probably do huh can you tell me more about the come back price

Yeah using their z06 I think 1k is worth it hehe for 2 days. You get to dump the clutch right, but around the track I think most of the time you are going at a medium pace.

Last edited by okaythen; 08-13-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:33 PM
doorucik
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by JDrew
Thank you JDrew very much for explaining that. Love OK. and OH. states for Drag Racing unbelievable engine displacements. I used to work for Dovovan Engineering in Torrance, CA. we shipped a lot of aluminum blocks out there. Well all my previous and future threads are only about what my 2016 Z06/Z07 Track Version A8 Vehicle has done. I am not grading others. Turned 2000 miles today.
Well rumors state that heat build-up is getting there 2015, 2016 and 2017 SC LT4's to go into "Limp Mode". I don't know watch else to say. I will take my vehicle by enclosed trailer with all the methods of cooling to the track. Use M1 Track 15W-50 Oil grade. Ice bag the SCer. Blow ice cold air from the "movin cool" machine to areas: radiator, transmission, ignition coils, spark plugs run 1/3 tank of cold 95.5 Octane fuel enough for 3 - 4 laps. Come-in rest and talk then do-it again. Will use professional driver not me. They know how to drive to reach time goals not heating issues. Big Willow Springs 2.5 course. Will run corvette curcuit only. Will follow up.

Last edited by doorucik; 08-13-2017 at 08:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JDrew (08-13-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge***

Old 08-13-2017, 09:37 PM
JDrew
Intermediate

Default Comeback Special from Ron Fellows

Originally Posted by okaythen
so for the 1k discount it's only performance training? 1k doesn't apply to level 1 and level 2?

I have done courses similar to level 1 but it was awhile ago.

Do they offer the come back price for everyone? probably do huh can you tell me more about the come back price

Yeah using their z06 I think 1k is worth it hehe for 2 days. You get to dump the clutch right, but around the track I think most of the time you are going at a medium pace.
Here is the exact writing they gave us in our graduation packet. Hope this helps. Even in our course they grouped us by skill/courage levels and always told each group you can drive as fast as you're comfortable so I never felt restricted or held back by a pace. I was more than thrilled with 70 mph sweeping turns and 125 mph straight aways for my first time.
The following users liked this post:
okaythen (08-13-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,405 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzy1000
A friend told me that the new cooling package from GM is $6000.00.

I can't believe they are asking us to pay for it. Even if they fixed all 8000 ZO6 car it's only about $48 Million. Chump change to GM.
The only thing GM currently offers is the secondary radiator kit which is more like $600. Tadge has said that they were looking at offering a retrofit for the 15/16 to the 17 spec including the supercharger changes at a discount but that hasn't materialized. The $6000 number likely came from someone looking at retail pricing to replace the supercharger with the 2017 spec.

At this point, spend the money for the secondary radiator if you have a manual and are having issues with overheating on track. It really is the bulk of the cooling changes.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:25 PM
JDrew
Intermediate

Default Class Action Lawsuit - Cooling System

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
The only thing GM currently offers is the secondary radiator kit which is more like $600. Tadge has said that they were looking at offering a retrofit for the 15/16 to the 17 spec including the supercharger changes at a discount but that hasn't materialized. The $6000 number likely came from someone looking at retail pricing to replace the supercharger with the 2017 spec.

At this point, spend the money for the secondary radiator if you have a manual and are having issues with overheating on track. It really is the bulk of the cooling changes.
I am sure you all heard about this Class Action filed June over the overheating. Just in case, here is an article .....

https://www.hbsslaw.com/cases/corvet...g-on-the-track

Quick Reply: ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge***