C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 X-pipe in Cali

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 05:43 PM
LATrafficJam
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a 2016 Z06 M7 Convertible w/Z07 package.

First thing I did was replace the entire cat-back with a Corsa double helix 3" pipe, and a Corsa Xtreme muffler system with the four 4" black anodized round tips.

I wanted two things: 1) four BLACK outlets to match the black theme of the car, and 2) improved exhaust flow under acceleration.

This is unadulterated, American V8 sound, at all RPM ranges. I feel it revs somewhat faster now, too.

There is zero chance of anyone mistaking this car for anything other than what it is, ... am American icon.

I don't care about the sound, as much as I care about a freer flowing exhaust, and I don't need "hush" valves of any kind. It's a Z06, not a Prius.

The car will never see "eco" mode. If I wanted quiet, I'd have bought a Chevy Volt.

The idle on this thing is big block V8 of yesteryear. The sound under acceleration is intoxicating, way beyond factory stock system. It's phenomenal.

Not sure how much horsepower gain I achieved, though from reports of others I've seen there must be some. Not really worried about that, but damn does it sound authoritative.

Last edited by LATrafficJam; 12-15-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:20 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Found a solution to my concerns
Old 12-16-2015, 02:49 AM
FAsnakes
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LATrafficJam
I have a 2016 Z06 M7 Convertible w/Z07 package.

First thing I did was replace the entire cat-back with a Corsa double helix 3" pipe, and a Corsa Xtreme muffler system with the four 4" black anodized round tips.

I wanted two things: 1) four BLACK outlets to match the black theme of the car, and 2) improved exhaust flow under acceleration.

This is unadulterated, American V8 sound, at all RPM ranges. I feel it revs somewhat faster now, too.

There is zero chance of anyone mistaking this car for anything other than what it is, ... am American icon.

I don't care about the sound, as much as I care about a freer flowing exhaust, and I don't need "hush" valves of any kind. It's a Z06, not a Prius.

The car will never see "eco" mode. If I wanted quiet, I'd have bought a Chevy Volt.

The idle on this thing is big block V8 of yesteryear. The sound under acceleration is intoxicating, way beyond factory stock system. It's phenomenal.

Not sure how much horsepower gain I achieved, though from reports of others I've seen there must be some. Not really worried about that, but damn does it sound authoritative.

You have a decent vid of your setup ?

Quick Reply: Z06 X-pipe in Cali