C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tadge Confirms Cooling Improvements for 2017 ZO6!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 09:19 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by vtknight
Oh but it does - we dare see that there IS an issue. You have pedantic, accusatory responses to it.

Everything you have said about our responses perfectly fit your own.

Chew on that morsel.
I see I've expanded your vocabulary by two words in two hours already. Hanging around with me has been good for you.

Now, anything on your mind about cars or are you still in Telephone Tough Guy land?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:22 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
I see I've expanded your vocabulary by two words in two hours already. Hanging around with me has been good for you.

Now, anything on your mind about cars or are you still in Telephone Tough Guy land?
Lol. Telephone Tough Guy land?

Awesome.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:42 PM
VIPERVENOM650R
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Will you ever get out of fanboy land? I think I'll just get the Porsche 911 GT3RS or a Turbo. Starting to think I would not like being around some people in this club. I bet the Porsche club is a little more objective about issues with their cars and I like the fact that Porsche replaced all of their customers GT3 motors when they had an issue. I'll be speaking with my Porsche dealer again tomorrow. Thanks for helping me make my decision.

Last edited by VIPERVENOM650R; 07-25-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:54 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPERVENOM650R
Will you ever get out of fanboy land?
Not so long as it means abandoning all reason, pouting, being cranky, and insulting strangers all over my car's coolant temp, no. I don't want to play.

Besides, not all Corvettes overheat. Some do. Two of 16 did at Spring Mountain in 112F heat. Mine was one of them. And I literally posted from the track to report it on the forum, that's how much of a fanboy I am.

But my own Z doesn't overheat at our home track in our home weather.

I was out driving it when you wrote that, not sitting at home agonizing over online reports of overheating. I guess that's what made a fanboy out of me. So long as I'm not wearing any logo'd apparel, I'll take that.

I think I'll just get the Porsche 911 GT3RS or a Turbo. Starting to think I would not like being around some people in this club. I bet the Porsche club is a little more objective about issues with their cars and I like the fact that Porsche replaced all of their customers GT3 motors when they had an issue. I'll be speaking with my Porsche dealer again tomorrow. Thanks for helping me make my decision.
Sounds like a kid taking their ball and going home because they don't like the game. Say Hi to the Porsche dealer, tell them Dave sent you.

"Those Corvette owners are a-holes, I'm getting a Porsche instead! All Porsche owners are nice."

Last edited by davepl; 07-25-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:31 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

Not so long as it means abandoning all reason, pouting, being cranky, and insulting strangers all over my car's coolant temp, no. I don't want to play.

Besides, not all Corvettes overheat. Some do. Two of 16 did at Spring Mountain in 112F heat. Mine was one of them. And I literally posted from the track to report it on the forum, that's how much of a fanboy I am.

But my own Z doesn't overheat at our home track in our home weather.

I was out driving it when you wrote that, not sitting at home agonizing over online reports of overheating. I guess that's what made a fanboy out of me. So long as I'm not wearing any logo'd apparel, I'll take that.

Sounds like a kid taking their ball and going home because they don't like the game. Say Hi to the Porsche dealer, tell them Dave sent you.

"Those Corvette owners are a-holes, I'm getting a Porsche instead! All Porsche owners are nice."

Lol - the only one pouting is - literally - you.

But now you tell us your car overheated - but what you are complaining about is the fact people are complaining about it?

And those that disagree with you are abandoning reason and are cranky? Disagreeing with the fact your car overheated? Or that the there is a well-known and documented overheating, heat soak, and engine bay circulation problem that has forced GM to try to fix by their own admission due to customer complaints?

Oh and you've started to use emoticons.

This just keeps getting better and better.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:16 PM
DLC7
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPERVENOM650R
Will you ever get out of fanboy land? I think I'll just get the Porsche 911 GT3RS or a Turbo. Starting to think I would not like being around some people in this club. I bet the Porsche club is a little more objective about issues with their cars and I like the fact that Porsche replaced all of their customers GT3 motors when they had an issue. I'll be speaking with my Porsche dealer again tomorrow. Thanks for helping me make my decision.

This is probably a fair assessment on many levels. Especially the fanboy part.

Let him think what he wants.

Dave, slap some fresh PSC2's on your ride, and meet me at Big Willow.Just a quick signature from you releasing me from all liability, and it's on.

Let's set our parameters. Between 77 and 86 degrees. I promise you I can easily overheat your Z in less than 15 minutes. (Grid + Actual track time)
And we will NOT be short shifting the car. ***** out. We are targeting a 1:30.xx lap time. Pobst did it in 1:27.11 on a cool day. (63℉)

I'd also be willing to wager on it.

Last edited by DLC7; 07-25-2016 at 11:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dabigsnake (07-26-2016)
Old 07-25-2016, 11:30 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Well, this has been 18 pages and the last 2 pages are nothing but in-fighting, bickering and a pissing match. Great job to all of you on this last page for staying on-topic........

18 pages is probably plenty anyway.
The following 3 users liked this post by Steve Garrett:
E.T.D. Corvettes (07-26-2016), rico750sxi (07-26-2016), rsilver (07-26-2016)

Quick Reply: Tadge Confirms Cooling Improvements for 2017 ZO6!