Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D3PE PROSPEED - C7Z Cooling Solutions!

 
Old 07-27-2016, 11:49 AM
  #1  
0D3PE
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 603
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default D3PE PROSPEED - C7Z Cooling Solutions!



Over the years we've carefully tested and refined our own cooling products throughout multiple platforms including the C6 ZR1, ZL1 Camaro, CTS-V, various custom applications, and now the C7 Z06! We now have hundreds of products being used in the hottest climates all over the world, including Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Australia, and of course TEXAS! With our long standing development and proven track record of cooling products, we have continued that development and applied our knowledge to what we feel are some of the best products available for cooling your C7 Z06!

Alongside of our own products, we've relied on some of the existing components from C&R Racing for radiators and off-the-shelf Heat Exchangers, which provide a great solution for the ultimate lineup! C&R puts their cooling products through some of the hardest tests possible in various forms of racing and has developed a brand that is top of the line in their field!

Here's the lineup!


C&R Racing Heat Exchanger



- Direct bolt in using factory bolts and hoses
- Stops heat soak
- Recommended for hot climates
- Lower IAT'S for higher HP and torque
- Helps keep engine from going into limp mode

AVAILABLE HERE


D3PE PROSPEED Trunk Tank with Pump





Introducing our air to water intercooler trunk ice tank and pump kit for the C7 Corvette platform. This adds 5 gallons of extra fluid capacity while allowing use of ice to bring IATs to sub ambient temperatures! It conveniently mounts in the drivers side trunk storage cubby hole to maintain easy access to the rear fuse box normally covered up by other tanks. This tank features full .125 aluminum construction complete with precision in house tig welding, cnc cut fittings, large 6.00" lid kit, billet drain valve kit, and a high flow internal Rule 3700 water pump. Works with factory and aftermarket internally intercooled superchargers as well as any external air to water intercooler!


** Requires trimming of carpet and drilling of body for mounting bolts and hoses **
** Made to order part **

AVAILABLE HERE



C&R Racing C7 Upgraded 27mm Radiator





The C&R Racing 2015-up C7 Z06 & Z51 radiator was designed using GM cad data. This allows for a perfect fit. C&R uses 4 and 5 axis cnc machines as well as water jet to manufacture all the brackets and hardware allowing for an extremely strong and appealing part. C&R uses 27mm close tube center core, the same core they use in professional race series such as NASCAR. Accepts The factory fan. No modifications to install.

AVAILABLE HERE



D3PE PROSPEED C7/Z Dual SPAL Fan Shroud Assembly w/PWM Control








D3 Performance Engineering is proud to introduce a new product for the C7 Corvette platform, the D3 C7 Dual Spal Fan Shroud kit! This product was designed to help solve common issues associated with higher HP setups using high spun superchargers that can drastically increase pre intercooler temps which then get transferred into the intercooler system. That heat is then transferred to the heat exchanger in the front of the car which raises the air temps flowing into the radiator. Some of the aftermarket heat exchangers on the market can also restrict air flow to the radiator itself. In addition to that the A/C system (condenser) introduces even more heat into the mix. The stock radiator is a high quality unit with large surface area, high fin density, and great construction, however, once you start dealing with elevated temps and restricted airflow, the OEM fan setup is no longer efficient at removing heat from the cooling system. While being a good flowing fan, the factory shrouding does not cover the entire face of the radiator and we feel this leaves a lot of potential for additional heat extraction.
This Fan Kit was designed to Retain Full functio of the OEM Ducting and intake system, Using a Multitude of Flaps, Air is able to Pass through to retain flow.
Our Dual Spal Fan Shroud kit includes a 3D CAD designed fan shroud built from lightweight yet sturdy .125” aluminum and featuring stainless pressed-in mounting hardware along with air bypass flaps. It is then Married with Two Spal Fans, One Single 11" Extreme Duty and One 9" Spal High Performance, to Fit the maximum sized Fans into the Stock Radiator and Surrounding area with no Modification
This kit also includes our new PROSPEED PWM fan control module along with a full 100% plug and play fused harness, no need to cut anything.

This kit is a 100% bolt in install and requires to unplug the factory fan control and plug into the provided harness, run the power for the D3 harness connected directly to the fuse box lug, and the ground wire connected to the chassis.



AVAILABLE HERE



D3PE PROSPEED Engine Oil Cooler System









The C7 Corvette LT engines run extremely hot when tracked or with higher horsepower output, during our testing on our C7 Z06 we saw 289 degrees of oil temperature along with 261 degrees of engine coolant temperature at only 78 degrees ambient temperature on only lap 3 before we pulled off the track! We knew in order to keep engine coolant temps down we needed to design an efficient oil cooler system capable of pulling heat from the oil without putting back into the already stressed engine coolant system. To accomplish this we in house CAD designed a full system starting with a replacement brake duct made from high strength aluminum which houses a proven high quality Setrab oil cooler connected to the engine with high quality AN hose and hose ends, ending with our LT series engine block adapter with built in 180 degree thermostat. During our testing (Test vehicle: Z06 with a D1SC Procharger with vertical front mount intercooler making 700whp) from our base session to the session with our system installed, we saw a rise of 9 degrees ambient temp and still managed to lower oil temps by 14 degrees and coolant temps by 22 degrees, all while pushing the car harder lap time wise and we didn't have to pull off track!

Benefits of the system:
Utilizes dedicated air flow path within the new brake ducting, this prevents hot oil from the oil cooler from being transferred into the other cooing heat exchangers
Removes the strain of cooling the oil from the radiator system increasing its efficiency
Built around a proven Setrab oil cooler, one of the best on the market!
Block adapter has built in thermo-valve allowing oil to bypass cooler to bring to and maintain proper oil temps when below 180 degrees
Hoses are all premade ready to install AN reusable series hose kits
Allows removal of complete factory water to oil cooler system
Full system comes standard in black finish for a stealthy install
Works on both Z06 (LT4) and Stingray (LT1) models

Full kit comes with:
CAD designed CNC LT series engine block adapter with built in 180 degree thermo-valve and o-ring sealing
CNC billet QDC oem water to oil cooler hose delete kit
OEM GM Block coolant plug kit
Setrab oil cooler
CAD designed aluminum brake duct kit (black finish)
Premade AN hose kit
All needed hardware




AVAILABLE HERE



Please check out our webstore for our complete product offerings as well as Special Pricing on SOME items still available!

D3PE PROSPEED Z06 STORE



D3 Performance Engineering
832-230-1094
Houston, Tx

Last edited by D3PE; 07-27-2016 at 12:07 PM.
D3PE is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 01:03 PM
  #2  
RS4EVA
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: Conshohocken PA
Posts: 1,043
Thanked 69 Times in 47 Posts
Default

brake duct cooler is an interesting idea. 2 for 1 mod.
RS4EVA is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 01:31 PM
  #3  
bgjersey30
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: Ft Lauderdale FL
Posts: 150
Thanked 59 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Has anyone installed and tried this on track yet?

Would love to know if anyone in the south has used this product as I am very tempted to purchase this oil cooler!
bgjersey30 is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 01:33 PM
  #4  
davepl
CF Senior Member
 
davepl's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2000
Location: Redmond WA
Posts: 8,586
Thanked 1,417 Times in 947 Posts
Default

On the dual SPAL kit, instead of the six little flaps, why is that area not entirely open to the hood vent? At speed a lot of your cooling comes from road-speed air into that, and it looks more restricted now than in stock configuration.

If you had the dual SPAL fans on the lower 2/3 and then had that shrouded separately from the hoot vent, it would seem like the better of both worlds.

Not a thermodynamic engineer, just a guy on the Internet...

Last edited by davepl; 07-27-2016 at 01:34 PM.
davepl is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 03:19 PM
  #5  
0D3PE
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 603
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1 View Post
On the dual SPAL kit, instead of the six little flaps, why is that area not entirely open to the hood vent? At speed a lot of your cooling comes from road-speed air into that, and it looks more restricted now than in stock configuration.

If you had the dual SPAL fans on the lower 2/3 and then had that shrouded separately from the hoot vent, it would seem like the better of both worlds.

Not a thermodynamic engineer, just a guy on the Internet...
If that area was left open we wouldnt be taking advantage of the shrouding over the entire radiator, once natural air speed through the radiator overcomes the fans pull, the flaps will open up. This will help with low speed cooling dramatically.
D3PE is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to D3PE For This Useful Post:
davepl (08-03-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 03:47 PM
  #6  
0D3PE
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 603
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bgjersey30 View Post
Has anyone installed and tried this on track yet?

Would love to know if anyone in the south has used this product as I am very tempted to purchase this oil cooler!
Here is our preliminary track testing at a track here in Texas!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-results.html
D3PE is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 11:51 AM
  #7  
0D3PE
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 603
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Got out a batch of C7 and C6 Fan Shrouds this week! Should be more installed pics soon!

D3PE is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 05:22 PM
  #8  
LSs1Power
CF Senior Member
 
LSs1Power's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2002
Posts: 720
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

It seems like another oil cooler on the passenger side is needed to keep oil temps below 260 and water temps below 220 at 90+ ambient temps.

Is there a plan for an extra oil cooler on the other side like Breathless Racing Oil coolers for the C6 Z06?
LSs1Power is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 10:46 AM
  #9  
c7jim
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Posts: 293
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Default Installation

Originally Posted by D3PE View Post


Over the years we've carefully tested and refined our own cooling products throughout multiple platforms including the C6 ZR1, ZL1 Camaro, CTS-V, various custom applications, and now the C7 Z06! We now have hundreds of products being used in the hottest climates all over the world, including Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Australia, and of course TEXAS! With our long standing development and proven track record of cooling products, we have continued that development and applied our knowledge to what we feel are some of the best products available for cooling your C7 Z06!

Alongside of our own products, we've relied on some of the existing components from C&R Racing for radiators and off-the-shelf Heat Exchangers, which provide a great solution for the ultimate lineup! C&R puts their cooling products through some of the hardest tests possible in various forms of racing and has developed a brand that is top of the line in their field!

Here's the lineup!


C&R Racing Heat Exchanger



- Direct bolt in using factory bolts and hoses
- Stops heat soak
- Recommended for hot climates
- Lower IAT'S for higher HP and torque
- Helps keep engine from going into limp mode

AVAILABLE HERE


D3PE PROSPEED Trunk Tank with Pump





Introducing our air to water intercooler trunk ice tank and pump kit for the C7 Corvette platform. This adds 5 gallons of extra fluid capacity while allowing use of ice to bring IATs to sub ambient temperatures! It conveniently mounts in the drivers side trunk storage cubby hole to maintain easy access to the rear fuse box normally covered up by other tanks. This tank features full .125 aluminum construction complete with precision in house tig welding, cnc cut fittings, large 6.00" lid kit, billet drain valve kit, and a high flow internal Rule 3700 water pump. Works with factory and aftermarket internally intercooled superchargers as well as any external air to water intercooler!


** Requires trimming of carpet and drilling of body for mounting bolts and hoses **
** Made to order part **

AVAILABLE HERE



C&R Racing C7 Upgraded 27mm Radiator





The C&R Racing 2015-up C7 Z06 & Z51 radiator was designed using GM cad data. This allows for a perfect fit. C&R uses 4 and 5 axis cnc machines as well as water jet to manufacture all the brackets and hardware allowing for an extremely strong and appealing part. C&R uses 27mm close tube center core, the same core they use in professional race series such as NASCAR. Accepts The factory fan. No modifications to install.

AVAILABLE HERE



D3PE PROSPEED C7/Z Dual SPAL Fan Shroud Assembly w/PWM Control








D3 Performance Engineering is proud to introduce a new product for the C7 Corvette platform, the D3 C7 Dual Spal Fan Shroud kit! This product was designed to help solve common issues associated with higher HP setups using high spun superchargers that can drastically increase pre intercooler temps which then get transferred into the intercooler system. That heat is then transferred to the heat exchanger in the front of the car which raises the air temps flowing into the radiator. Some of the aftermarket heat exchangers on the market can also restrict air flow to the radiator itself. In addition to that the A/C system (condenser) introduces even more heat into the mix. The stock radiator is a high quality unit with large surface area, high fin density, and great construction, however, once you start dealing with elevated temps and restricted airflow, the OEM fan setup is no longer efficient at removing heat from the cooling system. While being a good flowing fan, the factory shrouding does not cover the entire face of the radiator and we feel this leaves a lot of potential for additional heat extraction.
This Fan Kit was designed to Retain Full functio of the OEM Ducting and intake system, Using a Multitude of Flaps, Air is able to Pass through to retain flow.
Our Dual Spal Fan Shroud kit includes a 3D CAD designed fan shroud built from lightweight yet sturdy .125 aluminum and featuring stainless pressed-in mounting hardware along with air bypass flaps. It is then Married with Two Spal Fans, One Single 11" Extreme Duty and One 9" Spal High Performance, to Fit the maximum sized Fans into the Stock Radiator and Surrounding area with no Modification
This kit also includes our new PROSPEED PWM fan control module along with a full 100% plug and play fused harness, no need to cut anything.

This kit is a 100% bolt in install and requires to unplug the factory fan control and plug into the provided harness, run the power for the D3 harness connected directly to the fuse box lug, and the ground wire connected to the chassis.



AVAILABLE HERE



D3PE PROSPEED Engine Oil Cooler System









The C7 Corvette LT engines run extremely hot when tracked or with higher horsepower output, during our testing on our C7 Z06 we saw 289 degrees of oil temperature along with 261 degrees of engine coolant temperature at only 78 degrees ambient temperature on only lap 3 before we pulled off the track! We knew in order to keep engine coolant temps down we needed to design an efficient oil cooler system capable of pulling heat from the oil without putting back into the already stressed engine coolant system. To accomplish this we in house CAD designed a full system starting with a replacement brake duct made from high strength aluminum which houses a proven high quality Setrab oil cooler connected to the engine with high quality AN hose and hose ends, ending with our LT series engine block adapter with built in 180 degree thermostat. During our testing (Test vehicle: Z06 with a D1SC Procharger with vertical front mount intercooler making 700whp) from our base session to the session with our system installed, we saw a rise of 9 degrees ambient temp and still managed to lower oil temps by 14 degrees and coolant temps by 22 degrees, all while pushing the car harder lap time wise and we didn't have to pull off track!

Benefits of the system:
Utilizes dedicated air flow path within the new brake ducting, this prevents hot oil from the oil cooler from being transferred into the other cooing heat exchangers
Removes the strain of cooling the oil from the radiator system increasing its efficiency
Built around a proven Setrab oil cooler, one of the best on the market!
Block adapter has built in thermo-valve allowing oil to bypass cooler to bring to and maintain proper oil temps when below 180 degrees
Hoses are all premade ready to install AN reusable series hose kits
Allows removal of complete factory water to oil cooler system
Full system comes standard in black finish for a stealthy install
Works on both Z06 (LT4) and Stingray (LT1) models

Full kit comes with:
CAD designed CNC LT series engine block adapter with built in 180 degree thermo-valve and o-ring sealing
CNC billet QDC oem water to oil cooler hose delete kit
OEM GM Block coolant plug kit
Setrab oil cooler
CAD designed aluminum brake duct kit (black finish)
Premade AN hose kit
All needed hardware




AVAILABLE HERE



Please check out our webstore for our complete product offerings as well as Special Pricing on SOME items still available!

D3PE PROSPEED Z06 STORE



D3 Performance Engineering
832-230-1094
Houston, Tx
What do you figure installation time to be for the oil cooler kit?
c7jim is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 12:09 PM
  #10  
0D3PE
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 603
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by c7jim View Post
What do you figure installation time to be for the oil cooler kit?
I'd estimate 4-6 hours depending on skill level and what headers the car has
D3PE is offline  
Old 08-03-2016, 03:38 PM
  #11  
0D3PE
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 603
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Such a great combination!





D3PE is offline  
Old 07-29-2018, 08:30 PM
  #12  
Matt Seigel
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Your links dont work.
Matt Seigel is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Seigel For This Useful Post:
Shinobi'sZ (08-02-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 08:13 AM
  #13  
rwheelz
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Jul 2013
Location: MONTANA
Posts: 494
Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Does the oil cooler inlet eliminate the brake duct on that side?
rwheelz is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 12:48 PM
  #14  
0D3PE
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 603
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rwheelz View Post
Does the oil cooler inlet eliminate the brake duct on that side?
It includes a fabricated brake duct like the photo above with the cooler in the middle.
D3PE is offline  
Old 08-11-2018, 02:51 PM
  #15  
rwheelz
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Jul 2013
Location: MONTANA
Posts: 494
Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts
Default

So you draw in from the factory brake duct location, put the air through the cooler, then back into the duct that feeds the brakes? Hard to tell just from looking at the photo. It looks like you enlarged the inlet which is nice. I like this option versus cutting the front bumper.
rwheelz is offline  
Old 08-12-2018, 08:07 AM
  #16  
entrenched
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
entrenched's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 167
Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Default

I've got the oil cooler relo and it works great but realize if you have an auto you'll need to fabricate new cooler lines.
entrenched is offline  
Old 08-12-2018, 08:08 AM
  #17  
entrenched
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
entrenched's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 167
Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Do you still make the cooling fan setup?
entrenched is offline  
Old 08-12-2018, 07:22 PM
  #18  
Mike.D
CF Senior Member
 
Mike.D's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2010
Location: Sin City
Posts: 1,007
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by entrenched View Post
I've got the oil cooler relo and it works great but realize if you have an auto you'll need to fabricate new cooler lines.

did you do the install yourself? Come with directions?
Mike.D is offline  
Old 08-14-2018, 04:44 PM
  #19  
FURBY LOC"S
CF Senior Member
 
FURBY LOC"S's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Salt lake city Utah
Posts: 248
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

will the radiator and dual fan kit fit a c7 z06 manual that has a f1x procharger ?
FURBY LOC"S is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: D3PE PROSPEED - C7Z Cooling Solutions!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: