C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 11:17 PM
HNK
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Same here,,,, WIFI needed
Old 01-07-2017, 08:24 AM
Bob U
Drifting

Received 264 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
DSC does do installs and will always do them as well as alignments and setup on the chassis we pride ourselves as a race shop. As far as tutorial we are always glad to help that is how we learn the more we listen to questions the more we learn. I also am free with setup and training for other shops. attention to detail in the chassis is vital to performance.
Thanks

I have a few questions about the difference in FE6 or FE7 suspension with your controller.
How does the FE6 and FE7 compare with your controller?
On the track with your controller, is the FE7 significantly better?
FE6 or FE7 with your controller, which one put's down the power better on the street from a stop or drag strip?

Thanks Bob
Old 01-07-2017, 10:10 PM
65sohc
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I can tell you from DSCsport we are proud of the Dealer core we have built with the C7 market. Coming from drivers seat and being a racer most of my life I am truly excited and lucky at the prospect of having LG join DSCsport. DSCsport is proud that we are represented by dealers and distributors that are at the top of their game always looking at the future.
I just joined this forum to let you know that there is also a GT350 market eagerly awaiting the launch of your controller for our cars.
The following users liked this post:
Anthony @ LGMotorsports (01-09-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 11:47 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Mustang controller has been released see our website it is listed under products then under ford. It is virtually the same as the C7 only different can template. Huge improvement on the GT350. We did the initial development on the GT350R. feel free to call with any questions

Originally Posted by 65sohc
I just joined this forum to let you know that there is also a GT350 market eagerly awaiting the launch of your controller for our cars.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:19 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I asked him about that too....as I have a 2016 GT350 track pack at home in the garage.

I should be able to get all the stuff done and ready to launch on our site soon.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:32 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Anthony let me know what you need as far as marketing info material ect...
Regards
you have a GT350? great car. these new cars are so good

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
I asked him about that too....as I have a 2016 GT350 track pack at home in the garage.

I should be able to get all the stuff done and ready to launch on our site soon.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:49 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Anthony let me know what you need as far as marketing info material ect...
Regards
you have a GT350? great car. these new cars are so good

Sure do...2016 Track Pack
Old 01-10-2017, 11:42 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Same DSCsport controller as the C7

Old 01-10-2017, 05:21 PM
mulalleybs
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

a mustang?! Just messing with you. How do you like it? Compared to c7/Z06? I don't know anyone around here with one.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:27 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
a mustang?! Just messing with you. How do you like it? Compared to c7/Z06? I don't know anyone around here with one.
Great car that GT350 but you have to love the LS motor and the C7 chassis is off the hook good just needs setup a controller and some love by LG
Old 01-10-2017, 05:44 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Well my daughter's name is Shelby too ...she came just before the car did..she was born in 2014 and the car is 2 years newer. I was hoping they would both be the same year but close enough.

I'm not one of those guys that compares a Mustang to a Corvette...to me they are not even the same class of car. Now that being said..it is a much bigger car and doesn't have the torque but it pulls very hard and handling is very crisp almost like the C6Z. Since I have the track pack it has the Recaro seats and yeah those are far better than anything else I have sat in for a product based car, but the C7 Competition seats are darn close.

But again...different kind of car completely. I needed a back seat and something to hand down to my daughter when she is old enough.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:01 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Well my daughter's name is Shelby too ...she came just before the car did..she was born in 2014 and the car is 2 years newer. I was hoping they would both be the same year but close enough.

I'm not one of those guys that compares a Mustang to a Corvette...to me they are not even the same class of car. Now that being said..it is a much bigger car and doesn't have the torque but it pulls very hard and handling is very crisp almost like the C6Z. Since I have the track pack it has the Recaro seats and yeah those are far better than anything else I have sat in for a product based car, but the C7 Competition seats are darn close.

But again...different kind of car completely. I needed a back seat and something to hand down to my daughter when she is old enough.
Anthony if you want to improve the ride and handling put in the DSC its the same as the C7 only different firmware. huge improvement like the C7.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:37 PM
mulalleybs
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That's pretty cool actually! And would be an awesome gift down the road.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:37 AM
Rodney_d_of_N
4th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

So I have a question about the controller.

As an automotive engineer I know all the controllers in the car share data with each other. I do know the OEM MRC controller broadcasts data that other controllers need. Also, the MRC controller uses data provided by other controllers.

Are these lines of communications still open?

If so, is the data that the DSC module broadcasts 100% accurate so the other modules operate as they were intended?
Old 01-12-2017, 10:28 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rodney_d_of_N
So I have a question about the controller.

As an automotive engineer I know all the controllers in the car share data with each other. I do know the OEM MRC controller broadcasts data that other controllers need. Also, the MRC controller uses data provided by other controllers.

Are these lines of communications still open?

If so, is the data that the DSC module broadcasts 100% accurate so the other modules operate as they were intended?

Great question. Yes the only comm that is outputted on CAN is the ID bit. we do the same you have to at a critical time in the sequence as each ecu comes alive and says here I am. Have you looked at the velocity tab. as an engineer imagine the power that lies in this area alone. can you say custom tune the damper. on the early delphi board they tried this in analog here it is only digital!!!!!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2017, 11:53 AM
65sohc
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Current OEM applications do take into account velocity though, correct?
Old 01-12-2017, 12:16 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

the stock oe config does have the inputs. Early on delphi was working on it and we could see it on the cadillac boards it is not on the later stuff. its hard to calculate takes a bit of analog and digital combos when you down in the small piston rod movement. the analog input is to the ecu and it may have a ride ht type feature but we never saw any changes in velocity logging the current output.

Current OEM applications do take into account velocity though, correct?

Get notified of new replies

To DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Old 01-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Kamran
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

It appears to me, the more i understand the system, this module will have a major roll in on-track "safety"!

Having seen many Vettes hit the wall while exiting bus stops at tracks, and this being my first Vette, I'm extra concerned with how OEM suspension has played a roll in driver "input/errors", or whatever said drivers may want to call it or blame.

Having a smooth and responsive suspension that maximizes grip, goes a long way in increasing safety when you are at the limit.

Getting fast laps was the initial attraction for me. But I think performance safety at the limit is fast becoming a bigger attraction.

I'm hoping my opinion bears some truth!

Last edited by Kamran; 01-12-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:33 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kamran
It appears to me, the more i understand the system, this module will have a major roll in on-track "safety"!

Having seen many Vettes hit the wall while exiting bus stops at tracks, and this being my first Vette, I'm extra concerned with how OEM suspension has played a roll in driver "input/errors", or whatever said drivers may want to call it or blame.

Having a smooth and responsive suspension that maximizes grip, goes a long way in increasing safety when you are at the limit.

Getting fast laps was the initial attraction for me. But I think performance safety at the limit is fast becoming a bigger attraction.

I'm hoping my opinion bears some truth!

I tend to agree with you but it is essential to use my setup as well as the DSC
Old 01-12-2017, 05:15 PM
MacManInfi
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

I tend to agree with you but it is essential to use my setup as well as the DSC
Meaning the alignment specs right? I still need to do mine.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Shock Controller observations