C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Quick and dirty reply on WiFi for those having USB issues. I'll try to write something nicer up this evening when I'm back with the car.

The WiFi should be working though and you use it by doing the following:
- Turn your car on to accessory mode (do not turn it to "on" or start the car).
- Bring up a browser and go to http://10.10.10.1 (I know Chrome works but haven't had a chance to test other browsers"
- That should take you straight to the UI for the controller. By default there is no wifi password so set one. It's under the settings page.

If you don't have an option to set a wifi password then you need to update the software by downloading it from DSC. Mike offered me the following quick instructions but I've not tried it myself since my controller was already up to date.

The updates to the wifi are installed in wifi by going to settings then file then simply select the file one at a time, the "P" will float until loaded, after both files are loaded reset the browser and next time in there will be a password in settings.
The following 5 users liked this post by Poor-sha:
BEZ06 (04-03-2017), cheapthrills (04-08-2017), fleming23 (04-03-2017), Is2scooby (04-03-2017), peterjank (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 02:16 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

When I uploaded the settings from my controller I noticed that the right front was at 20% in the g-table and the other 3 were at 100%. Is that correct? I have the tractive shocks if that matters but it didn't make sense to me. I haven't changed anything.
Wifi is not showing on mine but the usb works fine.
Nevermind on the gtable I figured it out. I still don't have a wifi signal.

Last edited by badhabit_wb; 04-03-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:51 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Quick and dirty reply on WiFi for those having USB issues. I'll try to write something nicer up this evening when I'm back with the car.

The WiFi should be working though and you use it by doing the following:
- Turn your car on to accessory mode (do not turn it to "on" or start the car).
- Bring up a browser and go to http://10.10.10.1 (I know Chrome works but haven't had a chance to test other browsers"
- That should take you straight to the UI for the controller. By default there is no wifi password so set one. It's under the settings page.

If you don't have an option to set a wifi password then you need to update the software by downloading it from DSC. Mike offered me the following quick instructions but I've not tried it myself since my controller was already up to date.

The updates to the wifi are installed in wifi by going to settings then file then simply select the file one at a time, the "P" will float until loaded, after both files are loaded reset the browser and next time in there will be a password in settings.
As of a couple months ago IE did not work with Wi-Fi, however, as Poor-Sha states Chrome does. I haven't tried IE for Wi-Fi since then as I prefer using a wired USB connection.

Last edited by rikhek; 04-03-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:57 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

any corvette forum promo codes on the site? when checking out

Last edited by dvandentop; 04-03-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:10 PM
65sohc
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I read that the new tuning software is out. However, after reading all this I'm afraid to touch it since I'm not having any problems with the previous version. I do have the latest firmware.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by 65sohc
I read that the new tuning software is out. However, after reading all this I'm afraid to touch it since I'm not having any problems with the previous version. I do have the latest firmware.
The version I'm running was dated 2/15/17 and works fine. I believe this is the latest.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:48 PM
fmcokc
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

To all of you guys having problems with the firmware update...

I did that too about a month ago. Bricked the damn thing or so I thought.

I uploaded the newest, latest, greatest firmware and went through all the steps and nothing but error codes.

I called Mike and we walked through it. I can't remember exactly what it was but you had to select 2 different things when performing the update. The instructions only say to select one.

DON'T WORRY

You cannot brick this thing, you just have to get it updated correctly and it will work. Been there
Old 04-03-2017, 08:52 PM
65sohc
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The version I'm running was dated 2/15/17 and works fine. I believe this is the latest.
Sorry. You're right. I misread the date on the post.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:16 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

That's the latest on the DSC site - it's version 1.4.4

Also, I tried the Wi-Fi on my Windows laptop with Internet Explorer - no go!

But - I did get my USB connection working, and installed all the latest firmware, .pdts calibration files, zeroed the travel, and I used your idea to stiffen up the shocks slightly in Sport 1, Sport 2, and Race. I'll get to try them out in a couple days at Daytona - there's an HPDE Thurs and Fri this week.

I had never done the Zero Travel procedure before my last track event in Dec - I hadn't heard about the procedure. But now that I have all the new files in it and it's been zeroed, I can tell a BIG difference just driving around my housing area!!!!

I got the controller when it was first released to the public the 1st of Dec, I installed it in the car, and I did a track event a few days later. I really couldn't tell much difference from the OE unit.

However, after putting in the new firmware and files and doing the zero travel setting, I think it's going to make a lot of difference on the track a couple days from now. I just installed some new brake pads (Z07) and did the burnishing procedure, and there's virtually NO dip of the nose when braking hard!!

Looking forward to my upcoming track event!!!

Last edited by BEZ06; 04-03-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:26 AM
BigDogMark
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When people did the zero travel, what kind of numbers showed up in the block for each shock position? Meaning was it like a 4 digit decimal number or something else?
Old 04-04-2017, 02:57 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

just ordered guess we will see how awesome this thing is soon!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Bullet Tooth
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

A brief update on my situation. I spoke with DSC yesterday and there were two thoughts regarding why the car was throwing codes after installation of the DSC controller.

The first is that I was not firmly inserting the controller. After several more attempts that is not the problem. The DSC controller always throws codes and the stock unit does not.

The second is that a pin in the controller has been displaced. After looking at the controller, that is a certain possibility. I have a pin that is much shorter than the rest. It is not bent, but merely much shorter than all the others. I sent an email to DSC yesterday morning with pictures of the controller showing the shorter pin and a follow-up in the afternoon, but I have not heard anything back yet.

I am hopeful to receive a response from DSC in the morning. I'll give further updates as soon as I hear something.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:08 PM
fmcokc
Pro

Originally Posted by Bullet Tooth
A brief update on my situation. I spoke with DSC yesterday and there were two thoughts regarding why the car was throwing codes after installation of the DSC controller.

The first is that I was not firmly inserting the controller. After several more attempts that is not the problem. The DSC controller always throws codes and the stock unit does not.

The second is that a pin in the controller has been displaced. After looking at the controller, that is a certain possibility. I have a pin that is much shorter than the rest. It is not bent, but merely much shorter than all the others. I sent an email to DSC yesterday morning with pictures of the controller showing the shorter pin and a follow-up in the afternoon, but I have not heard anything back yet.

I am hopeful to receive a response from DSC in the morning. I'll give further updates as soon as I hear something.

I'm here in the city if you want some help. I've been through the throwing codes thing.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:08 AM
r84boomer66
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Can wifi tuning be done with an iPhone 7?
If so can someone please provide detailed instructions.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:12 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by r84boomer66
Can wifi tuning be done with an iPhone 7?
If so can someone please provide detailed instructions.
3gs only I think.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:27 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fmcokc
To all of you guys having problems with the firmware update...

I did that too about a month ago. Bricked the damn thing or so I thought.

I uploaded the newest, latest, greatest firmware and went through all the steps and nothing but error codes.

I called Mike and we walked through it. I can't remember exactly what it was but you had to select 2 different things when performing the update. The instructions only say to select one.

DON'T WORRY

You cannot brick this thing, you just have to get it updated correctly and it will work. Been there
You can brick the wifi. Ask me how I know... The good news is the usb connection works fine and I don't have to worry about anybody connecting to my wifi.lol
Old 04-05-2017, 06:47 PM
fmcokc
Pro

Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
You can brick the wifi. Ask me how I know... The good news is the usb connection works fine and I don't have to worry about anybody connecting to my wifi.lol
Well, I was referring to bricking it using the USB connection. You should not try to do firmware updates through a WiFi connection.

Get notified of new replies

To DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Old 04-05-2017, 06:51 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fmcokc
Well, I was referring to bricking it using the USB connection. You should not try to do firmware updates through a WiFi connection.
I put in a password but somehow hid the ssid. Didn't think I checked that but maybe I did. I tried the old ssid but it won't connect and I can't use a packet sniffer since it's not connected to anything. They said I could send it back and they'd swap it out but for right now I'll just keep it like it is. I may load linux on a stick and see if I can find the ssid that way.
I'd never try to load firmware over wifi unless that was the only option.

I was just trying to spare others some grief.

Last edited by badhabit_wb; 04-05-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:50 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
I put in a password but somehow hid the ssid. Didn't think I checked that but maybe I did. I tried the old ssid but it won't connect and I can't use a packet sniffer since it's not connected to anything. They said I could send it back and they'd swap it out but for right now I'll just keep it like it is. I may load linux on a stick and see if I can find the ssid that way.
I'd never try to load firmware over wifi unless that was the only option.

I was just trying to spare others some grief.
Sorry for not responding earlier I did not realize that my user name was inactive for a short time.
I will have a new run of DSC ready next week and I will do a utube of logging on to wi fi and going to settings and adding the updates plus next week we will have another major update coming that will allow the micro to self update.
I also want to do a webinar and invite users and dealers to be involved in live tuning. In the webinar we will start with the basics and go tab by tab and discuss the hierarchy and the benefit of data.
The following 2 users liked this post by DSC Sport:
08G8V8 (04-07-2017), peterjank (04-06-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Sorry for not responding earlier I did not realize that my user name was inactive for a short time.
I will have a new run of DSC ready next week and I will do a utube of logging on to wi fi and going to settings and adding the updates plus next week we will have another major update coming that will allow the micro to self update.
I also want to do a webinar and invite users and dealers to be involved in live tuning. In the webinar we will start with the basics and go tab by tab and discuss the hierarchy and the benefit of data.
Sounds great. I guess at some point I'll need to send mine back?

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Shock Controller observations