C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Let's talk Ported TP, X-pipe, CAI/filter with NO TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 10:22 AM
TOPSPOT
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Halltech CFV, Borla X-Pipe, Tony Mamo TB

Caused my car to throw a code when pushing the car. The car also felt slower after throwing on the X-Pipe as I installed the Halltech and Ported TB first. I first noticed that the car was bogging a little when I would leave from a stop in first gear, then it got worse as I felt the car was definitely slower when trying to go WOT. Car sounded amazing but it was just sluggish. After removing the TB the code never came up and the car felt faster than ever with runs to Mexico to prove it.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:35 AM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

Received 161 Likes on 127 Posts

I just don't understand why one would do a PTB on a stock car...
Old 04-24-2018, 11:38 AM
TOPSPOT
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeR_Zed06
I just don't understand why one would do a PTB on a stock car...
In the M7, there was a very noticeable lag when leaving in first gear from a stop. With the Ported TB, that was practically eliminated. The reason why I say practically is because it was still a bit noticeable in reverse.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:37 PM
lt1z350
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Now with tuning my 2017 zl1 myself I am seeing how much the stock computer is holding the car back. Long tubes and e50 mix tune the car is wicked compared to stock. On a warm day wouldn’t ever break the tires from 45-50 mph roll. Now it kills the tires kinda freaked me out it tried to swap ends at 60 as spun so bad. I’m an a10 so no side stepping the clutch to break Tires loose just to be clear. The car pulls so hard in touring mode soft suspension it’s squirrly feeling as holing front end up to point it must be affecting camber. I didn’t like the feeling so put in race mode and went away. My point it’s pulling that hard and I lost 1-2 lbs boost with the headers so ordered a lower for it.
I tune a lot I don’t know these the best but do read a lot talk to a lot of guys on hptuners website that know them well so just passing on info to help others.
Questiioning the onstar then go unplug your maf start the car it will throw a code and you will immediately get an email saying take car in for service. That’s the onstar police watching our every move on the car. You try to make more boost they see it. More air going through the maf set a code for something like that now it’s on file recorded.
Over all no tune the best mods are those that cool the intake charge. No flow more air it will just shut the throttle so keep the manifold temps down. Heat exchangers. Chiller setup then car won’t pull timing and give you all the power up to the limit and keep it at that limit more often.

Anyone that dowsnt habe a tuner want to tackle it them self I will help anyone that wants to try. It’s not that hard a few tables frees up a lot of the limits. Easy to keep afr in check on them too. Just pm me I even have a good 2016 z06 tune in my laptoptgat worked well with basic bolt ons.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:30 PM
MP&RPZ06
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by wagoetzmann
I have an Aeroforce Tech Interceptor Scan Gauge with Wideband Sensor from NorCal. The O2 sensor is in the right cat delete pipe 18" from manifold which would be a pre-cat position. With the gauge calibration set for 14.7 (slope 2, intercept 10) mine reads between 14.2 - 15.1 at cruise. On extreme deceleration it will go to 19.8.

With the above settings at WOT mine does
2nd gear – 12.7 (2,600 rpm) down to 11.2 (5,500 rpm) spinning
3rd gear – 12.1 (4,300 rpm) down to 10.6 (6,200 rpm)
4th gear – 10.6 (5,200 rpm) down to 10.1 (62,00 rpm)

Mods - GM Stock Tune, Halltech CAI with TRIC, Supercharger snout, case and Throttle Body porting, 2.31 upper supercharger pulley, Innercooler 1.7 gal extra capacity tank, 170 F engine thermostat (no CEL to this point), Norcal Main CAT delete pipes with Big Daddy CEL fix on rear 02 sensors (no CEL to this point), Corsa X pipe with secondary CAT delete.

Also mine has had the "lunging" forward when throttle closed suddenly since new. My Cadillac SRX does the same thing. I have a steep downhill with loose pee gravel before my driveway and always downshift to 1st to save the brakes but the Z06 (and SRX) both seem to run away down the hill....Cadillac dealer said this was normal....must be a torque management setting to possible keep the tires from loosing traction on deceleration...like traction control for acceleration?

Little late here but that's a lot on stock tune. Way to go!
Old 06-03-2018, 08:41 PM
MP&RPZ06
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by wagoetzmann
Have had no issues with STOCK TUNE and 2.31 upper pulley. Also have CAI, supercharger/snout /TB porting, all 4 CAT's deleted, 170 F thermostat.... Car runs 6.8's at 105 in the 1/8 on stock tires.
Do you think it would be ok without the extra cooling and keeping the cats?

Quick Reply: Let's talk Ported TP, X-pipe, CAI/filter with NO TUNE