C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7Z auto, 9.8 1/4 mile, stock blower with video.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 07:10 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

BAD *** pass Eddie! Good mph for no cam. I assume Jeremy tuned it all?

Killer results....--that's ultimately my goal, to run what you ran on a stock/unopened engine...

Perfect build.

Last edited by ajrothm; 04-17-2017 at 07:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
eddie08z06 (04-18-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 07:30 PM
1rawTA
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Badass!! Impressive especially with the stock upper pulley!!.... What rear tires are you running?
eddie08z06 (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 12:50 AM
eddie08z06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue02ws6
Why did you do it in manual mode if you have a "transmission tune" did they take some torque management out? I'd expect with a tune you wouodnt want to use manual mode.
Why wouldn't you want to shift manual? Auto cars have a mind of their own, they shift when ever they think they need to shift not when you want it to shift. I like to take it a little into the red before shifting, you would never be able to do this in auto mode, you will be lucky to hit 6,500. Also, sometimes when in auto with wheel spin causes the car shift Prematurely, it thinks it has reached shifting point but actually it's just spinning, being able to hold that a little longer will let you be where you want to be when you shift.

Perfect example when I did the 1/2 mile event earlier this year in Ocala the car wouldn't hook for the life of me, so I had to hold it out a little in order to get it to go through the power band properly.

P.S. With a tune the manual shifts are much more violent then the auto shifts. 👍
2019 ZR1 (06-14-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 12:52 AM
eddie08z06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 1rawTA
Badass!! Impressive especially with the stock upper pulley!!.... What rear tires are you running?
Mickey Thompson 345-35-18 @ 15psi
Bad Dad (04-26-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 01:36 AM
h3mpking
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie08z06
Why wouldn't you want to shift manual? Auto cars have a mind of their own, they shift when ever they think they need to shift not when you want it to shift. I like to take it a little into the red before shifting, you would never be able to do this in auto mode, you will be lucky to hit 6,500. Also, sometimes when in auto with wheel spin causes the car shift Prematurely, it thinks it has reached shifting point but actually it's just spinning, being able to hold that a little longer will let you be where you want to be when you shift.

Perfect example when I did the 1/2 mile event earlier this year in Ocala the car wouldn't hook for the life of me, so I had to hold it out a little in order to get it to go through the power band properly.

P.S. With a tune the manual shifts are much more violent then the auto shifts. 👍

My experiences with manual paddle shifting on the road course is if you hit the red line(limiter), it will bounce off that until you shift in to the next gear and severely slow you down. The shifts have to either be exact or shy of the limiter or it's a mess. You might have that part tuned out. As far as autos not shifting beyond the red line, you can have that tuned out to where you can make the shift point wherever you like. Not arguing your point of view, this is just to my understanding and experiences. I have not run a 9 anything.

Last edited by h3mpking; 04-18-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:25 AM
1rawTA
Pro

Mickey Thompson 345-35-18 @ 15psi
I figured that, Are you running the stock tires in the front? have you driven on the highway with that combo of MT rear and OE runflats in the front?
Old 04-18-2017, 02:37 PM
eddie08z06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by h3mpking
My experiences with manual paddle shifting on the road course is if you hit the red line(limiter), it will bounce off that until you shift in to the next gear and severely slow you down. The shifts have to either be exact or shy of the limiter or it's a mess. You might have that part tuned out. As far as autos not shifting beyond the red line, you can have that tuned out to where you can make the shift point wherever you like. Not arguing your point of view, this is just to my understanding and experiences. I have not run a 9 anything.
Don't get me wrong I completely understand where you are coming from, not trying do be disdainful or anything. I hated running the car in auto on the road coarse, first hard corner I would take it would go into that competitive shifting mode feature and the car would stay ridiculously revved. I didn't like it at all, when I road coarse the car sometimes I like coming out of the turn at low rpm with huge amounts of torque, this also allows me to control the car a lot easier on exit speed so the tail doesn't get fishing while being in high rpm in auto mode. Either of the 2 modes you can tune the revlimiter to your choice, the problem I have noticed with the auto though is that is has a mind of its own in terms of shifting. at the drag racing events or road coarse events this is caused by minor fluctuations in throttle or slightly lifting, even though you would like to remain in the same gear the car assumes it would like to shift and it does it without your consent, lol. I have a perfect video when I did the 1/2 mile event to demonstrate what I mean. The link below I was running at the 1/2 mile in Ocala this January, if you notice I hold the rpm as best as I can at redline until I feel the car starting to grip again then I switch to next gear, if I would have ran this in auto the car would've shifted to 3rd maybe even 4th and bogged out once it finally gained traction and I wouldn't have had a good run. The runway was poorly prepped and no cars were able to get a good launch unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

View this post on Instagram
Old 04-18-2017, 02:41 PM
eddie08z06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I figured that, Are you running the stock tires in the front? have you driven on the highway with that combo of MT rear and OE runflats in the front?
Yes, front tires are stock and I have driven on the highway with that combo, mickeys on the back.

The drag strip is about an hour from my house, I always drive the car there with the 18" ccw and mickeys mounted, when driving on the highway sometimes these tires wobble a little even though the are balanced and road force tested, I guess that's just the nature of them. I have become acquainted to the feeling and overlook it, it's not too bad but it is noticeable.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:50 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Nice run. Very impressive.
eddie08z06 (04-19-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 03:06 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,054 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Thank you, same here. Lol. I wouldn't trade this machine for a demon anyday. I've been telling people, the demon numbers are just claims, nobody really has put it on the track yet to produce real numbers, in real environments. I would really love to see if that heavy car can really put the times it claims.
Yeah I'm curious to see if it'll go 9s with a full interior, pump gas, without the skinnies in positive DA.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:30 PM
h3mpking
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Don't get me wrong I completely understand where you are coming from, not trying do be disdainful or anything. I hated running the car in auto on the road coarse, first hard corner I would take it would go into that competitive shifting mode feature and the car would stay ridiculously revved. I didn't like it at all, when I road coarse the car sometimes I like coming out of the turn at low rpm with huge amounts of torque, this also allows me to control the car a lot easier on exit speed so the tail doesn't get fishing while being in high rpm in auto mode. Either of the 2 modes you can tune the revlimiter to your choice, the problem I have noticed with the auto though is that is has a mind of its own in terms of shifting. at the drag racing events or road coarse events this is caused by minor fluctuations in throttle or slightly lifting, even though you would like to remain in the same gear the car assumes it would like to shift and it does it without your consent, lol. I have a perfect video when I did the 1/2 mile event to demonstrate what I mean. The link below I was running at the 1/2 mile in Ocala this January, if you notice I hold the rpm as best as I can at redline until I feel the car starting to grip again then I switch to next gear, if I would have ran this in auto the car would've shifted to 3rd maybe even 4th and bogged out once it finally gained traction and I wouldn't have had a good run. The runway was poorly prepped and no cars were able to get a good launch unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

https://instagram.com/p/BPiggvhjV_b/

I agree.. On road course I'm 100 manual mode. Took a bit to get used to the timing. Was just saying about the shift points is that they can be programmed in for a specific purpose by your tuner.Great video.

Last edited by h3mpking; 04-19-2017 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:32 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Eddie, who tuned it?
Old 04-19-2017, 07:19 AM
1rawTA
Pro

Yes, front tires are stock and I have driven on the highway with that combo, mickeys on the back.

The drag strip is about an hour from my house, I always drive the car there with the 18" ccw and mickeys mounted, when driving on the highway sometimes these tires wobble a little even though the are balanced and road force tested, I guess that's just the nature of them. I have become acquainted to the feeling and overlook it, it's not too bad but it is noticeable.
Thank you. This is the input i was looking for.. My drive to the track is an hour as well. tossing around 18 or 19 Wheel tire combo, tossing around the pros and cons.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:19 AM
eddie08z06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Yeah I'm curious to see if it'll go 9s with a full interior, pump gas, without the skinnies in positive DA.
Yup, exactly
Old 04-19-2017, 11:19 AM
eddie08z06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you. This is the input i was looking for.. My drive to the track is an hour as well. tossing around 18 or 19 Wheel tire combo, tossing around the pros and cons.
Still nice to be able to drive a 9 sec car to the track and drive it right back home, lol. Great feeling.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:09 PM
2017ZO6
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Thank you, same here. Lol. I wouldn't trade this machine for a demon anyday. I've been telling people, the demon numbers are just claims, nobody really has put it on the track yet to produce real numbers, in real environments. I would really love to see if that heavy car can really put the times it claims.
I agree that heavy Demon needs to be tested in normal conditions to get real world numbers. Your car would blow the doors off of a Demon.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:28 PM
OnTheDouble
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcmillion
Great run, who is your tuner?
Originally Posted by h3mpking
Who tuned your car? The transmission sounds like it is shifting perfect.
Originally Posted by ajrothm
Eddie, who tuned it?
Originally Posted by ajrothm
I assume Jeremy tuned it all?
Who tuned your car?

Get notified of new replies

To C7Z auto, 9.8 1/4 mile, stock blower with video.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:20 AM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

perfect runs, awsome
Old 04-26-2017, 05:48 PM
eddie08z06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rattt g
perfect runs, awsome
Thank You
Old 04-26-2017, 05:49 PM
eddie08z06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by OnTheDouble
Who tuned your car?
Car was tuned by Fasterproms.

-E.
Bad Dad (06-11-2017)

Quick Reply: C7Z auto, 9.8 1/4 mile, stock blower with video.