C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Is upgraded heat exchanger necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 01:27 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
when we developed our HX we tested it on a 100% stock car, I wanted to make a unit that would help even a stock car, because if it would benefit them obviously a pullied car would see a better benefit.

On the stock Z we saw a drop of 14 degree's iat2 just while cruising around. under a wot pull 1st through 5th Iat2 was down 28 degrees and recovered back to it's natural resting temp 72 seconds faster. This test was done in 98 degree outside temps in the same day.

Our unit is 100% drop in w/ zero cutting of any plastics or lines needed.

We do keep these units in stock and can ship one out right away.

I've considered the upgrade Joe. Do you have a side by side pic? I've already done the expansion tank, and added a second small radiator in the front wheel well with spal fans for the aftercooler system, but under hard boost and driving, you can never have too much cooling.

With my 17, I seem to stay between 217-228 MAX coolant temps on the road course when I'm really after it, it seems the 2 factory coolant radiators on the 17 Z are ok, do you agree??
Old 05-21-2017, 01:25 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

im also interested
Old 05-22-2017, 12:44 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by ronsc1985
Joe,

What is involved in making the swap? Is this a do it in the driveway project or do you have to remove the front of the car bodywork?
bumper doesn't come off, how I do it is discharge ac, if you don't have a machine most shops will do it for you and let you come back for a recharge. pull radiator/condenser. pull lower under tray on front bumper, undo hx lines, and the bolts that hold it in. slide this one out and put the new one in.

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5
I've considered the upgrade Joe. Do you have a side by side pic? I've already done the expansion tank, and added a second small radiator in the front wheel well with spal fans for the aftercooler system, but under hard boost and driving, you can never have too much cooling.

With my 17, I seem to stay between 217-228 MAX coolant temps on the road course when I'm really after it, it seems the 2 factory coolant radiators on the 17 Z are ok, do you agree??
http://cordesracing.mybigcommerce.co...eat-exchanger/

seems to work well, this will keep iat's down a lot and under control especially while road racing.

Originally Posted by irun4cops
im also interested
http://cordesracing.mybigcommerce.co...eat-exchanger/

in stock ready to ship!
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Quick Reply: Is upgraded heat exchanger necessary?