C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Corvette Z06 Owners Hit GM with Proposed Class-Action Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 07:37 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,778 Likes on 3,186 Posts

Originally Posted by DLC7
Disagree as it does not meet the criteria for being closed. Not yet at least.

Being butt-hurt about a $10K hit to your resale value doesnt qualify either.....
misery loves company which is why this thread should be locked

start up a new one make it a sticky who cares but it should remain on topic.

This is a bunch of nonsense and vendors coming in here complaining it's absolutely ridiculous the majority of people on here are trolls without Corvettes trolls with any other model Corvette and people like a vendor who makes a cooling kit.

for the three or four of you out of all these pages that have the overheating problem? Get GM to give you down payment assistance on a new 17 or 18 M7 or lemon law the car and stop crying.

Class action lawsuits are a joke the only person that makes money is the law firm everyone else gets a $3 check in the mail. Dlc-7? What are you going to get from that lawsuit? The satisfaction of doing what embarrassing the company? You think they care do you think the 99% of us that own ZO6 is really care where else are we going we're going to buy a Mustang? How McLaren or Ferrari maybe a couple do I would say that percentage is probably nill. Like I said misery loves company just get a 17 you're not going to have the issue or install the aux radiator? I was tired of getting Rock chips on the side of my ZO6 so I bought the rocker extensions something they put standard on 17 and newer widebodies it is what it is.

PS I would love for you guys to post the PDR in full from cild start to operating temp then run, how you overheat your M7 on the track because we always hear about it and we never see it?
only a couple of A8 here and there and I think I've seen One M7 bone stock prior to 17. Have seen no 17 M7s nor have we seen any prior that have had the GM performance auxiliary radiator installed do it either.

before you start crying about this post my buddy owns a performance shop has been in business a long time and has a ZO6 too busy to follow the Forum but whenever we BS I bring up these threads and get the same response every time several customers that track there Z06s including a 16 with an A8 that has had few modifications and is run hard and can make his full sessions in moderate heat without losing power.

And there's hours and hours of PDR video of his M7 cars that are modified not for cooling but for more power besides the aux radiator; run hard and not overheating.

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 07-08-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:00 AM
sTz
Le Mans Master

Received 2,435 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
GM should offer this as a free upgrade and get ahead of the negative press from this lawsuit. Honestly they should have done it as soon as the 2017s where released. It probably would have squashed the desire for the lawsuit from the owners altogether.

Corvette Z06 has built up a stellar rep for being a powerhouse and I hate seeing it get constantly dinged for short sightedness or cost cutting. The Corvette has one of the most hard core fan bases in the world - like Harley Davidson or Apple - and they need to take care of their customers better. The C6 Z and the C67 both have Class action Lawsuits against them. The C5 Z would have had one too for the 2001 Oil Consumption problems but they corrected the problem for 2002. Everyone makes mistakes - so fast honest actions are the only course of action for big companies.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:49 AM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by four0nefive
Who cares about their roll bar policy for the drag strip? I'm talking road course. Also I took those pictures, so I know exactly where they were taken.

Edit: since you probably won't believe that I took those pictures at Pacific, watch this video around the 34-37 second mark. You'll see the exact location.

https://youtu.be/HMb95vaXGnE
It is clear and understood that most tracks will allow a Vert to run with a roll bar / cage which Dave396 does not have in his C7Z.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:13 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
It is clear and understood that most tracks will allow a Vert to run with a roll bar / cage which Dave396 does not have in his C7Z.
Again, you guys have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I've attended 7 or 8 track days as a photographer and have recently started helping out with check ins at the track days SCCA holds here. I think I know my local tracks' rules and regulations better than you do.

Most of the groups that run track days up here have a rule that if a car has built in roll over protection from the factory or is a 2006 and newer car, you dont need a roll bar. The only cars I've seen run with a roll bar and the top down are older Miatas and a 2012 ZL1. Otherwise convertibles are good to go and can be run with the top down (including the C7Z).

Last edited by four0nefive; 07-08-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:20 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
So what's your point exactly? Between you and Zenica and a few others on this thread, I think you should have the courage to take a stand one way or the other. It can only be one of two things:

a) I have tracked my Z06 convertible (bone stock, no bar) at Pacific Raceways road course and you each owe me an apology.
--or--
b) You caught me in an outright lie, and I owe you an apology.

Which is it? Be a man, quit hedging.

Last edited by davepl; 07-08-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:48 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,778 Likes on 3,186 Posts

I cannot understand how the moderators are leaving this thread open it's so far off course it's insane
The following users liked this post:
Bad Dad (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 06:59 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
I cannot understand how the moderators are leaving this thread open it's so far off course it's insane
Because there are some, well one in particular, who is participating in the hysteria.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:29 PM
ZenicaPA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 174 Posts

Keeping thbis thread open will allow those it affects to look for information in a central location.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,193 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z

We're not....this thread is now closed instead of deleted so people can still read pertinent information posted in this thread.
The following 5 users liked this post by Steve Garrett:
1Bridog (07-08-2017), Bad Dad (07-09-2017), Lavender (07-09-2017), Nyvetteguy007 (07-08-2017), rtruman (07-08-2017)

Quick Reply: Corvette Z06 Owners Hit GM with Proposed Class-Action Lawsuit