C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 03:45 PM
eddie-d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ProTEKtMitch
The Z06 kits do not need hardware to bolt up to the factory splitter. It uses the factory bolts that should already be on your car. Just remove the existing bolts, place the splitter protector, and then just put the bolts back in!

If you are seeing something different, shoot some pics so I can see what you are looking at.

Thanks,
Mitch
I see. Thank you. I haven't installed it yet but will do so shortly.

Last edited by eddie-d; 07-15-2017 at 03:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ProTEKtMitch (07-16-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 05:12 PM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Ordered! Thanks for making this!
Old 07-15-2017, 05:44 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Thanks!

What year is the C3 in your avatar pic? My folks had several of them when I was younger, and the early C3 cars have always been my favorite.
That would be a 71. It is in the process of a pretty extensive overhaul at the moment, including an LT4 swap.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:30 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 275 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Ordered

I track the car so I am ordering as well
Old 07-16-2017, 07:50 AM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by AVETTE
I track the car so I am ordering as well
Thanks guys!

Parts will ship first thing Monday.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 07-17-2017, 11:05 PM
garbud
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Mitch,

Any progress on the skidplate for the Z07 winglets?

Thanks,
Garbud
Old 07-18-2017, 02:16 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by garbud
Mitch,

Any progress on the skidplate for the Z07 winglets?

Thanks,
Garbud
Garbud,

I have a set of prototypes made and ready to trial fit, but between being out of town supporting the race team, and trying to find someone in the south Los Angeles area who is running the wider configuration, I havent been able to get a car in.

As many requests as I have gotten for this kit, it doesnt really seem like very many folks are actually running the Z07 winglets.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 07-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Ltrain925
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Garbud,

I have a set of prototypes made and ready to trial fit, but between being out of town supporting the race team, and trying to find someone in the south Los Angeles area who is running the wider configuration, I havent been able to get a car in.

As many requests as I have gotten for this kit, it doesnt really seem like very many folks are actually running the Z07 winglets.

Thanks,
Mitch
just to clarify I have a z06 with z07 package and stage 3 areo, your kit protects the whole front except the side winglets?
Old 07-18-2017, 08:11 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ltrain925
just to clarify I have a z06 with z07 package and stage 3 areo, your kit protects the whole front except the side winglets?
Yes, the current kit from the website or Amazon will fit perfectly on your car, but does not protect the wider zO7 option winglets. (If you have installed them. If you are running the narrower winglets that your car had installed when it was delivered, my parts will deliver full coverage.)

It has been pretty confusing for a lot of people, as they believe that the Z07 cars have a wider splitter, (it does not, though. The Z07 cars have a splitter that is identical to the grand sport and regular Z06 models), as well as the fact that the Z07 cars are delivered with regular Z06 winglets installed, and the wider Z07 winglets are in the trunk.

If you have any doubts at all, PM or email me a pic of the car in its current setup.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 07-18-2017, 08:28 PM
Ltrain925
Burning Brakes

Yes, the current kit from the website or Amazon will fit perfectly on your car, but does not protect the wider zO7 option winglets. (If you have installed them. If you are running the narrower winglets that your car had installed when it was delivered, my parts will deliver full coverage.)

It has been pretty confusing for a lot of people, as they believe that the Z07 cars have a wider splitter, (it does not, though. The Z07 cars have a splitter that is identical to the grand sport and regular Z06 models), as well as the fact that the Z07 cars are delivered with regular Z06 winglets installed, and the wider Z07 winglets are in the trunk.

If you have any doubts at all, PM or email me a pic of the car in its current setup.

Thanks,
Mitch
i did not know this, learn something everyday on this forum. Thank you for explaining that, let me see if I can figure it out and if not I'll get some pictures.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:46 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ltrain925
i did not know this, learn something everyday on this forum. Thank you for explaining that, let me see if I can figure it out and if not I'll get some pictures.
Here is an excelent resource about the available Aero kits for the C7 Corvette.

It is by far the best explanation that I have seen so far.

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?s=Corvette

thanks,
Mitch
Old 07-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Ltrain925
Burning Brakes

Here is an excelent resource about the available Aero kits for the C7 Corvette.

It is by far the best explanation that I have seen so far.

thanks,
Mitch
That perfectly explained it.mine is fig 4. So yes I do have z07 winglets, so you are in development for those? That isn't a huge contact point, so not a huge concern.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:17 PM
NASTYC7
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

How thick are these? I am lowered not sure it's a good idea to add even more "anti- clearance" to the car, as she scrapes more than most. I would be afraid since those would make it even lower it would cause more pressure on parts when they drug on the ground.
ProTEKtMitch (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 05:52 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NASTYC7
How thick are these? I am lowered not sure it's a good idea to add even more "anti- clearance" to the car, as she scrapes more than most. I would be afraid since those would make it even lower it would cause more pressure on parts when they drug on the ground.
Thats actually a super good question.

The plates themselves are made from 3/8" thick material, so ground clearance reduction is minimal.

Typically, though, total ground clearance is less of an issue, and the thing we really are worried about is the approach angle, (the angle from the front tire contact patch to the tip of the bottom of the splitter)

We work hard to make sure that we provide as much protection as possible, while having the absolute minimal effect on approach angle, and we do this by making sure the plates don't stick out beyond the splitter, and also by putting a pretty good chamfer in the plates, which helps with making sure the plates dont "catch" on cracks or seams in the pavement.

I have never had anyone report that they are scraping anywhere that they didn't before, after installing the plates, and every part of the design of them is geared toward protecting the car, without creating a new problem.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 07-20-2017, 10:23 PM
hoserdog
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ProTEKt Skid Plates

I purchased the Z06 Stage 2/3 skid plates. Will not bolt on my 2015 Z06. Great Looking Product even greater idea. The pics of the installation on the demo vehicle, do not even look like the underside of my Z06. CONFUSED
Old 07-20-2017, 11:28 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hoserdog
I purchased the Z06 Stage 2/3 skid plates. Will not bolt on my 2015 Z06. Great Looking Product even greater idea. The pics of the installation on the demo vehicle, do not even look like the underside of my Z06. CONFUSED
Can you post or send me a pic?

I've sold a ton of these things, so there isn't any doubt that they fit the stage 2 and 3 splitters.

Maybe your car has a stage 1 splitter, or an aftermarket part?

Can you look through this article, and tell me which figure best matches what you have?

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 07-21-2017, 02:28 AM
hoserdog
Advanced

Mitch..Thanks for the detailed info. It appears as if I have the small splitter on the front of my Z06, def have long side skirts and large wicker bill Installed. The kit I purchased just will not work. I have looked at other installations and cannot see any that would apply to my vehicle. It is a shame, the product you have is one of the best after market products I have ever seen, top grade material and absolutely no flaws. Any solution you may have would greatly bee appreciated.

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Old 07-21-2017, 04:37 AM
Norm66
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default Fit-2015 Z06

Can you post or send me a pic?

I've sold a ton of these things, so there isn't any doubt that they fit the stage 2 and 3 splitters.

Maybe your car has a stage 1 splitter, or an aftermarket part?

Can you look through this article, and tell me which figure best matches what you have?

Thanks,
Mitch
I have a 2015 Z06 with a CFZ Aero package (Stage 2) which came from the factory. Your skid plates that I purchased several weeks ago fit perfectly. They even hide some minor damage which happened several months ago while traversing some railroad tracks on a small country road. Great product! Norm
Old 07-21-2017, 01:13 PM
hoserdog
Advanced

Default Fig 1

After reviewing the web site you sent, I have a small front splinter. I am not doubting your product or your integrity, I may not be able to use the plates. What do you suggest.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:15 PM
hoserdog
Advanced

Default Fig 2 with winglets

I I purchased a larger front splinter, with winglets would that help with the installation?
ProTEKtMitch (07-22-2017)

Quick Reply: Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!