C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 06:23 PM
flachsbarth
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ProTEKtMitch
Thanks!

I try to make them fit like an OEM part. The idea is that once they are installed, you don't really notice them.
Have had this on my '15 Z06 and it works pretty well to save my splitter. Only issue is that a few of the screws holding the plates on have pulled through the plate, leaving a hole the size of the indentation (counter sink). Under the screws that have pulled through, there are now 1'' plastic washers, which are the pieces that broke away from the main plate.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:45 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by flachsbarth
Have had this on my '15 Z06 and it works pretty well to save my splitter. Only issue is that a few of the screws holding the plates on have pulled through the plate, leaving a hole the size of the indentation (counter sink). Under the screws that have pulled through, there are now 1'' plastic washers, which are the pieces that broke away from the main plate.
Flachsbarth,

Hit me up on my website Email,

sales@protektskidplates.com

And we will get replacement parts coming to you.

BTW, this type of breakage can happen a couple of ways.

1. Some of the very first kits we made were thinner in that area, and we have replaced a few of them.

2. If the plates take a really big hit, we prefer that plates break, rather than breaking the tabs off of the splitter.

3. Most common, folks get a little carried away with bolt torque, and over time, it cracks the plates.

they have a lifetime unconditional warranty, against breakage and wear, however, so replacement parts are free, except for the shipping cost.
The following users liked this post:
flachsbarth (03-15-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 01:08 PM
flachsbarth
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Flachsbarth,

Hit me up on my website Email,

sales@protektskidplates.com

And we will get replacement parts coming to you.

BTW, this type of breakage can happen a couple of ways.

1. Some of the very first kits we made were thinner in that area, and we have replaced a few of them.

2. If the plates take a really big hit, we prefer that plates break, rather than breaking the tabs off of the splitter.

3. Most common, folks get a little carried away with bolt torque, and over time, it cracks the plates.

they have a lifetime unconditional warranty, against breakage and wear, however, so replacement parts are free, except for the shipping cost.
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about the warranty. These really are a lifesaver for the expensive carbon fiber splitters. Especially since my '15 didn't come with a front camera...
Old 03-15-2018, 01:52 PM
Tort
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 69 Posts

I have a set ordered!
Old 03-15-2018, 03:19 PM
AWieds
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid Plates Made For APR Perforance Stage 2 Splitter?

Do you guys have model for the APR stage2 splitter?

Hey Everyone,

Mitch here from ProTEKt Skid Plates, and I thought I would create a new thread specifically for the Z06 and Grand Sport Splitter Protectors.

I'm super excited about these parts, as it fits any C7 Corvette, running the stage 2 or 3 aero kit that is available on the Z06 and Grand Sport cars. I think they are one of our best products, as they use all factory hardware for installation, and there is no drilling or adhesives required. (i think I can install a set in less than 15 minutes!)

Anyway, here are some pics, as well as the basics about our parts.

they are in stock now, and ready to ship, so you can be ready for Corvette weather, which is already upon us.

click here to purchase, either from my website directly,
http://protektskidplates.com/c7-gs-z06.html

or Amazon, here.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKC7QPQ...et_detail_page

www.protektskidplates.com

Tired of scraping your front bumper cover on every curb and driveway in town? Take the pain out of the scrape and protect your valuable paint with lightweight, easy to install, ProTEKt skid plates for your front bumper. Let the replaceable ProTEKt skid plates take the beating and wear, so that your paint stays pristine.

· Protects the underside of your front bumper from scrapes from curbs, speed bumps and driveways

· Guaranteed to last life of your car; designed to strike the ground over and over while maintaining an undamaged appearance

· CNC machined for your specific application; blends in with your car's factory lines, for a seamless, OEM appearance

· Easy to install; includes all necessary hardware; no special tools required

· Designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA

Each set of ProTEKt skid plates…
· Protects the underside of your front bumper from scraping during everyday driving
· Maintains factory ground clearance and approach angle, unlike a splitter or lip kit
· Is precision CNC machined to specifically fit the lower bumper cover of your vehicle
· Uses factory-mounting holes whenever possible to minimize drilling and make installation easy
· Is made from 3/8 inch thick, marine-quality, high-density polyethylene chosen for
o Superior outdoor performance
o Temperature stability
o Low coefficient of friction
o Extreme high-wear resistance
o Its use in industry as a replaceable wear-spot on moving production lines, conveyor systems, and in automotive and motorcycle chain guides
· Uses this super slippery, low-friction material with a beveled edge to reduce pulling stress on the bumper cover during contact
· Uses all factory hardware, with no holes to drill, and no hardware or adhesive to buy.
· Is guaranteed for the life of your car
· Is made in the USA

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 03-16-2018, 02:21 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AWieds
Do you guys have model for the APR stage2 splitter?
AWieds,

Can you post a link, or maybe some pics?

I checked the APR website, but i cant find anything that is called a Stage 2.

If the APR unit is an EXACT replica of the GM part, it will fit the same, though you might need to put a little work into it, as they likely don't duplicate the factory undertray and fasteners, so you might end up drilling some holes, and getting bolts and nuts, or whatever fastener works to adapt the plates to it.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:24 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tort
I have a set ordered!
Tort,

Did your order ship?

I kept an eye out for it, and I'm not sure I received your order yet.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:42 AM
S.FLA..Z06
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Mitch , read the 1st 2 page and last lol this looks like a great product!

i have a 16 w z07 can you pls link me to the product i'need for the stage 3 lip , i need this rather scrape up ur **** than my fiberglass which i alredy did just 2 weeks after lowering

Thanks

Neil
Old 03-17-2018, 11:39 PM
gavinvr4
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Hello Mitch I have a 2015 Z06 with stage 3 lip, can you also send me a link for exactly what I need,
also too, can I do this with out lifting the car up?
Old 03-19-2018, 11:39 AM
Tort
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 69 Posts

Super fast shipping and the install couldn't be any easier. Good stuff but would like to have something for the winglets. Offer still stands to be a tester...
ProTEKtMitch (03-22-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 06:00 PM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

I received mine last week and installed them over the weekend. It took me a while because I don't have a lift, but they are a quality piece and look like they belong on the car. - A very worthwhile purchase.
ProTEKtMitch (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 06:03 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by S.FLA..Z06
Mitch , read the 1st 2 page and last lol this looks like a great product!

i have a 16 w z07 can you pls link me to the product i'need for the stage 3 lip , i need this rather scrape up ur **** than my fiberglass which i alredy did just 2 weeks after lowering

Thanks

Neil

PM me a pic of your car, and Ill make sure you get the right one.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:06 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gavinvr4
Hello Mitch I have a 2015 Z06 with stage 3 lip, can you also send me a link for exactly what I need,
also too, can I do this with out lifting the car up?
send me a pic, and ill check it out so you get the right one.

The parts bolt on from the bottom, using the stock bolts, so it is possible to install a set with the car on the ground, but you would need to be really good at working by feel, as you wont be able to see anything.

just running the front of the car up on some RaceRamps, or some 2x8 boards would help out a lot, and get it so you can see what you are doing a little better.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 03-23-2018, 05:53 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

Order placed on your website - looking forward to getting this installed for additional peace of mind.
ProTEKtMitch (03-28-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 12:07 AM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bcmarly
I received mine last week and installed them over the weekend. It took me a while because I don't have a lift, but they are a quality piece and look like they belong on the car. - A very worthwhile purchase.
Thanks.

we tried to make them blend in, so you dont really notice them unless you look super close.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:36 PM
K.Shupe
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Hay Mitch, here's something that those with the stage 3 aero(winglets) might consider. I was waiting for the release of the ProTEK designed to protect the added width of the winglets but when I examined were my splitter scraped I noticed it was in the middle of the thicker areas on the left and right sides of the splitter(see pictures). For "my" driving anyway your current design provides the protection I need, sooooo I just placed the order.

Last edited by K.Shupe; 04-07-2018 at 04:36 PM.
ProTEKtMitch (04-13-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 11:53 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

AWieds,

Can you post a link, or maybe some pics?

I checked the APR website, but i cant find anything that is called a Stage 2.

If the APR unit is an EXACT replica of the GM part, it will fit the same, though you might need to put a little work into it, as they likely don't duplicate the factory undertray and fasteners, so you might end up drilling some holes, and getting bolts and nuts, or whatever fastener works to adapt the plates to it.
FYI - doesn't fit the APR "track pack" front splitter. Their design is a good bit larger that OEM. I was hopeful it would work but the holes and size are all completely different.

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Old 04-13-2018, 03:25 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fleming23
FYI - doesn't fit the APR "track pack" front splitter. Their design is a good bit larger that OEM. I was hopeful it would work but the holes and size are all completely different.
Thanks!

yea, if the shape is different, it won't fit very well.

It is made to work with the GM option Stage 2 and 3 splitter, so it will work with some aftermarket splitter, but not all of them.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:50 PM
3dpilot
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Finally pulled the trigger on this! Hope no fitment issues with the oem stage 3 aero🤞
Old 04-15-2018, 03:29 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Hey guys,

I've started a new thread introducing the ProTEKT kit for full side to side coverage for the C7 Z07 wide winglet setup.

please check it out, as there has been quite a bit of demand for this specific kit.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1597003076

Quick Reply: Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!