C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

I predict the ZR1 will be a failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 09:28 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

those of you saying its a matter of money...

yes, but cutting corners equals losing business. Every person who buys porsche gt2rs or a dodge demon or even a hellcat... has a valid argument. They are all faster cars than a z06.

Thats sad.... to think vette got passed by a huge heavy dodge in speed. Its genuinely disgusting.

And now you can add the camaro to the list also.

Its vomit worthy.

GM's vette engineers are genuinely... losers.

Look up the definition. They equal that word. Genuinely. They are losing.

Last edited by irun4cops; 07-03-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:32 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

and i hope they read this and get mad and try to prove me wrong, or i hope that their superiors read this realize I'm right, and they get fired.

One of those 2 things needs to happen as soon as possible.

Last edited by irun4cops; 07-03-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:38 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

I'm probably wasting my time, but whatever. If you hate GM's engineers and think they are stupid, why do you "own" 3 Z06s?

It's evident you have no idea how lap times and getting them work either. Just because a car makes a ton of power doesn't mean it will automatically be quicker around a track.

Also you keep saying they should offer a car with 900 horsepower and turbos. It's tough to package the turbos while keeping a professional look (in my opinion) and while it may make tons of power, good luck selling it. GM has to meet requirements on fuel economy as well as reliability. Either way, what do you need 900 horsepower for? It's not necessarily streetable (which is probably a number one goal for manufacturers building cars) and it would be entity useless on a road course.

You can call GM's engineers idiots, but just know they actually know what they are doing and you don't. And that's more than clear in your posts.

Sometimes I wonder how some people here:
A) Act in person vs on the internet
B) How they are able to have a good paying job and afford a nice car (based on their behavior)
The following 2 users liked this post by four0nefive:
jimmyb (07-03-2017), USMC 0802 (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 09:47 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

because when you invent things that actually work and win... you get paid.

I also build and patent web based processes for large complex websites.

Soon our large website that has to do with the auto industry, will be released. We are always way outside the box.

If i could make as much money as i do, being a vette engineer, i would be a vette engineer. But i have other things to do.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:48 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

kindness is necessary when you need a winner to share his money with you and keep you employed.

Kindness is not necessary when you can actually win.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:49 PM
ta70raiii
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 114 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran

Old 07-03-2017, 09:51 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

for those that keep asking why i own vettes, who says i don't own other cars, let alone have dealerships full... of other cars?

for those that lack the ability to process that the c5 was the groundbreaking vehicle, and the c7 is a better styled and interior quality car, and thus its an upgrade to the c5, and thats why i own the c5, c6, and c7 z06's... i don't know what to tell you.

You guys can't connect dots on your own at all apparently.

You all keep asking these questions that you think will stump me or something.

I genuinely would be embarrassed to ask the questions and make the points so many of you think you're making.

The intelligent people are the ones who can see past my distaste for ignorant people, and realize, my points are valid. I respect them, and I agree I am a jerk. But guess what, i don't care.

Go read a polite thread from a guy who doesnt build 1000hp cars.... i bet you'll learn a lot as he quotes magazine articles and other peoples posts. Have fun with that. Get to it.

Last edited by irun4cops; 07-03-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:52 PM
2fastnow
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
This thread is so sad.
Threads with this level of venom did NOT exist 10 years ago. Did folks complain? Sure. But they didn't stoop to self promotion in attempt to prove how smart they are, while running rough shod over anyone who called them on it. Have an opinion? GREAT. But that's all it is...YOUR OPINION. To call engineers, fellow forum members, etc IDIOTS because they aren't hip to your coolness...well, maybe the OP should re-read his post before hitting "submit reply". We are adults here, the fact that Steven is issuing warnings because folks can't ACT like adults is pretty lame.
The haters that saturate this site are just trying to get a rise out of everyone. They are lonely angry people who enjoy hurting others.
I found though out my life there are two types of people.
One has a problem and deals with it best they can or not.
The second one takes their problems out on others along with dealing with them are not.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:59 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 2fastnow
The haters that saturate this site are just trying to get a rise out of everyone. They are lonely angry people who enjoy hurting others.
I found though out my life there are two types of people.
One has a problem and deals with it best they can or not.
The second one takes their problems out on others along with dealing with them are not.
i bet if I write GM a pretty little letter, they don't do anything.

I bet if i offend the GM engineers and they realize I'm right and that they are... LOSERS at this point in time... to even the CAMARO...

their ego activates and they do something to prove me wrong.

I study humans and what makes them move and improve, more than you could ever imagine.

I hope, that gm reads this... and i hope, gm, knows, how many of you are reading this.

And i hope they hire assassins to kill me... thats how mad i hope they get...

because point blank, they currently suck. And they need to realize how bad they suck.

Last edited by irun4cops; 07-03-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:02 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,250 Likes on 2,023 Posts

^^^^
Wow. I bet you're right. They (the Corvette engineers) are probably burning the midnight oil RIGHT NOW so that they can gain YOUR approval...Unbelievable.
The following users liked this post:
2fastnow (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 10:07 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jimmyb
^^^^
Wow. I bet you're right. They (the Corvette engineers) are probably burning the midnight oil RIGHT NOW so that they can gain YOUR approval...Unbelievable.
i can promise they aren't making improvements, when you all keep having faith that...

"the vette is just fine... and one day, its going to be even better, i just know it... but in the meantime, lets talk about that good old days when the c5 was the top of the food chain and could actually take down 200,000 to 400,000 dollar cars in a road race"

You have to take some responsibility at some point, the compliments need to stop. They suck at their jobs. Period.

Originally Posted by 2fastnow
The haters that saturate this site are just trying to get a rise out of everyone. .

bingo. glad you figured it out.

id like it if GM improved. Id like it if you also demanded they improved.

Bingo. Hi. Hello.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 07-03-2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 07-03-2017, 10:19 PM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

I don't think this thread will make GM engineers better.....
Old 07-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,383 Likes on 1,240 Posts

Originally Posted by irun4cops
i can promise they aren't making improvements, when you all keep having faith that...

"the vette is just fine... and one day, its going to be even better, i just know it... but in the meantime, lets talk about that good old days when the c5 was the top of the food chain and could actually take down 200,000 to 400,000 dollar cars in a road race"

You have to take some responsibility at some point, the compliments need to stop. They suck at their jobs. Period.
according to your profile, you own an 02 Z06. I am quite sure the only reason you haven't moved to a C7 is because GM engineers suck, right?

If you are ready to buy a new Corvette in the next 12 months then make sure you keep that amazing 02 forever and never buy a new Corvette and that is all you will ever need to express to GM, it will speak much more than any letter you can write (and look like a typical loony toon to all who read it). As long as everyone else agrees with you and also never buys another new corvette, GM will reevaluate their product choices.

However, if you aren't in the market anyways for a new corvette then GM doesn't really care about your opinion, you're just some guy with a 15 year old used car. Maybe you should participate in the milk tasting study at your local grocery store instead. They want to hear from you.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:35 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

i don't update my profile with what all cars i own, let alone have access to drive.

I also own a chevrolet store. We also own 16 other franchise. Our family also has world speed records. Do i care if you know who we are or what we are about... no, i don't.

Anymore intelligent observations?

Last edited by irun4cops; 07-03-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:38 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

and what i said was not a lie... i have, titled in my name, a c5z, c6z and c7z, none of which make less than 700hp.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:39 PM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

Yawn....this stopped being interesting.

Last edited by cvp33; 07-03-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:39 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

i also have other cars titled in my name, but do i care to share them all with you? no i don't.

Re read what you just wrote...

do you have any concept how much respect i have for your intelligence right now?...

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
according to your profile, you own an 02 Z06. I am quite sure the only reason you haven't moved to a C7 is because GM engineers suck, right?

If you are ready to buy a new Corvette in the next 12 months then make sure you keep that amazing 02 forever and never buy a new Corvette and that is all you will ever need to express to GM, it will speak much more than any letter you can write (and look like a typical loony toon to all who read it). As long as everyone else agrees with you and also never buys another new corvette, GM will reevaluate their product choices.

However, if you aren't in the market anyways for a new corvette then GM doesn't really care about your opinion, you're just some guy with a 15 year old used car. Maybe you should participate in the milk tasting study at your local grocery store instead. They want to hear from you.

Get notified of new replies

To I predict the ZR1 will be a failure

Old 07-03-2017, 10:40 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,250 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by irun4cops

Well, I'm sure you will have some explanation for this (they just re-paved, they didn't re-pave, they re-paved last year, etc...) but here are actual FACTS based on 10 years of the Car and Driver Lightning Lap.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...d-more-feature

Feel free to read it, feel free to twist it to prove that YOU are right.
Please note that in the 10 years of this test, THREE (3) cars have tuned a faster lap than a 2015 C7 Z06....a million dollar, out of production Porsche, a not street legal Lexus on SLICKS, and the Viper ACR. Along the way, the C7 Z06 turned a faster lap than a PILE of $200K+ sports cars (Ferrari 488/Lamborghini Huracan/McLaren 650S/Porsche 911 GT3RS to name a few). Now, if the Z06 SUCKS as bad as YOU say, what does this say about ALL the cars that it is faster than?
Old 07-03-2017, 10:40 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

I've already lemon law'd a c7z for overheating... while the rest of you are sitting around waiting for your class action lawsuits to kick in.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,783 Likes on 4,198 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by ta70raiii

With pleasure....obviously you guys thought I was kidding-THREAD CLOSED.
The following 11 users liked this post by Steve Garrett:
bbc=540 (07-03-2017), cvp33 (07-03-2017), Dave Hrejsa (07-03-2017), irun4cops (07-03-2017), JackTripper (08-12-2017), jimmyb (07-03-2017), Lavender (07-04-2017), tbrenny33 (07-04-2017), thebishman (07-04-2017), VictorBarron (07-04-2017), Z06NJ (07-08-2017) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: I predict the ZR1 will be a failure