C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Green supercharger belt

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 10:03 PM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobert
I have had mine on my car for over 1000 miles. There is a tech bulletin out and if the car is under warranty then GM pays to have it installed. The green belt on my car made the car drive totally normally. Check to see if the car is under warranty and have GM put the belt on the car if you are experiencing 4-8 cylinder wobble which is really annoying. Car drives perfectly now.

Bobert
Hello -- are you saying that the bobble/wobble I experience when my car switches between V4/V8 can be cured by changing this belt? The transition on my car creates a vibration and what is best described as a stumble. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Bobert
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fpfaeth
Hello -- are you saying that the bobble/wobble I experience when my car switches between V4/V8 can be cured by changing this belt? The transition on my car creates a vibration and what is best described as a stumble. Thanks.

Yes...is you hold the gas steady the belt will continue to wobble as I think it is cycling between 4 and 8 cylinders and the computer can't seem to make up its mind...I was so frustrated I was driving in manual mode and paddle shifting to keep it in 8...the green belt cured the problem.

I own 4 supercharged Jaguars in my car collection and have had a GT500 in the past with superchargers and have never experienced this kind of belt issue...they run just fine. Its that 4-8 cylinder stuff which Corvette should not be doing in my opinion....its a sports car....gas economy is not my primary focus when I drive...I want good performance out of my V8.

I don't know what to call it...a bobble or wobble is correct...I called it a vibration...but boy was it annoying!

Bobert

Last edited by Bobert; 08-03-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:51 AM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

This is excellent info -- thank you. You solved a problem I've had since day one (Dec 2014). Appreciate your sharing this. Frank
Old 08-03-2017, 10:45 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by fpfaeth
Yes.........

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...le-strips.html
Old 09-21-2017, 09:32 PM
deananderson
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Anybody know if the 2018's already have the new/improved supercharger belt from the factory?
Old 09-21-2017, 09:40 PM
AZDANZ06
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobert
Yes...is you hold the gas steady the belt will continue to wobble as I think it is cycling between 4 and 8 cylinders and the computer can't seem to make up its mind...I was so frustrated I was driving in manual mode and paddle shifting to keep it in 8...the green belt cured the problem.

I own 4 supercharged Jaguars in my car collection and have had a GT500 in the past with superchargers and have never experienced this kind of belt issue...they run just fine. Its that 4-8 cylinder stuff which Corvette should not be doing in my opinion....its a sports car....gas economy is not my primary focus when I drive...I want good performance out of my V8.

I don't know what to call it...a bobble or wobble is correct...I called it a vibration...but boy was it annoying!

Bobert
I put on the green belt yesterday, problem solved. The whole AFM V8 to V4 Mode is for emissions purposes for GM.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Pineapple Devil
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone just replaced the belt yourself to not have the dealership mess with your car? Thinking of just doing it myself but haven’t really been able to find much information on the process

Last edited by Pineapple Devil; 12-26-2017 at 10:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 09:26 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,146 Posts

Originally Posted by Pineapple Devil
Anyone just replaced the belt yourself to not have the dealership mess with your car? Thinking of just doing it myself but haven’t really been able to find much information on the process
I'm wondering this too. Approaching 3rd year of ownership and i don't have any problems thank god but i would still like to keep up with "maintenance" if this would even be considered that.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:44 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default I don't like going to dealers either.

Originally Posted by Pineapple Devil
Just take a pic or two of the belt routing (or hand drawing) if necessary than get out a long boxed end wrench (for leverage) to relieve the tensioner pulley and remove the old belt. Then install the new belt in reverse order.

I went with the Gates 'Black' (like stock) RPM Racing belt. According to Gates it's their strongest belt. So far I have not had any problems on the street or at the track.

PS: A green belt to me sticks out like a green thumb under the hood.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 11-09-2018 at 11:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (04-10-2019)

Quick Reply: Green supercharger belt