C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 02:43 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
If what I said has been all opinion, it sure holds more water than the senseless opinions you other guys were saying LOL.

You know......just saying
Yeah right!!!!! It's like your opinion is worth more than 2 cents and at that it is way over priced at that!

Old 05-18-2018, 02:52 PM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
This all really just exemplifies our tendency to justify our lot in life....

One might say, "I wear a $90 watch because it tells good time. Anyone who pays $1000 for a watch is just getting ripped off." Meanwhile there are people with $100,000 watches on their wrist right now.

Anyone driving faster than you on the highway is a moron. Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot.

We all spend "just the right amount" on whatever we happen to have. A house more expensive than mine is excessive but I can't see how people can get through life in anything smaller.

It's all wrong.
Probably the smartest response in this entire thread
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 03:46 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Yeah, I brought up UGR lambo's earlier when one of your fellow minded individuals said that a 2006 Gallardo was NOT a supercar.
Here we have another of your failures which proves you don't possess the ability to comprehend simple statements. I never said a Gallardo wasn't a supercar (look up post #284), I said middle class people cannot afford current generation supercars. Your brain dead idea to prove me wrong was by showing a link to a wrecked, salvage titled Gallardo, lol. Do you really have that much difficulty understanding the written language? I would just stop now if I were you. Unfortunately, you will probably keep making uninformed and inaccurate comments. At least your feeble attempts are entertaining.

Last edited by Sub Driver; 05-18-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:56 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Tort
The need for some Z06 owners to believe they have a "supercar"? You may be on to something....lol

This^
Old 05-18-2018, 04:17 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,207 Likes on 2,149 Posts

Originally Posted by Tort
The need for some Z06 owners to believe they have a "supercar"? You may be on to something....lol
But hey man don't forget.

It "looks" like a supercar and has supercar like performance, IT HAS TO BE A SUPERCAR!!! ZOMG!!!

The insecurity in this thread has went 1 level up lol.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:32 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
Here we have another of your failures which proves you don't possess the ability to comprehend simple statements. I never said a Gallardo wasn't a supercar (look up post #284), I said middle class people cannot afford current generation supercars. Your brain dead idea to prove me wrong was by showing a link to a wrecked, salvage titled Gallardo, lol. Do you really have that much difficulty understanding the written language? I would just stop now if I were you. Unfortunately, you will probably keep making uninformed and inaccurate comments. At least your feeble attempts are entertaining.
Pretty sure I've passed AI Lit. But thanks for trying to insult me. Perhaps if you could write a statement that isn't completely ****** vague and then blame others when they can't follow your delusional way of thinking, we may get somewhere. Until then...I guess listening to your pathetic attempts at insults and ridiculous contradictory statements will have to do.

BTW, there was only ever ONE generation of Gallardo. The engine only changed once when it went from a 5.0 V10 to a 5.2 V10 in 2008. But it was still the same body style just body/paint/aero/title tweaks, with the occasional bump in HP from tuning. They never had different "generations" of them. And by YOUR definition a Gallardo IS a supercar (based on your edited post #284)...

Where you lose me is when you say things like
I said middle class people cannot afford current generation supercars. Your brain dead idea to prove me wrong was by showing a link to a wrecked, salvage titled Gallardo.
Why is that a poor example? Because it wasn't purchased brand new with cash? Can it not be fixed? What's wrong with a salvage title car? You can still put plates and insurance on it. Or how about one that has a clean title, but just a minor accident reported like here:https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=199123059 Nothing wrong with that car at all. Except it's not "new." Therefore is it NOT a supercar anymore?

Bottom line is, the middle class CAN afford supercars because there are plenty of affordable examples are out there. Which for reasons unknown upsets you greatly.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:41 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

But hey man don't forget.

It "looks" like a supercar and has supercar like performance, IT HAS TO BE A SUPERCAR!!! ZOMG!!!

The insecurity in this thread has went 1 level up lol.
Insecurity is when you spend an huge amount of time to defend the Z06 as NOT being a supercar in a Z06 forum! Insecurity would also would be identified as spending "too much on a car". Maybe to compensate for lacking in other areas!

Important note!
I also believe Warp already posted the definition of a supercar and many are still trying to promote there own definition.

To glorify cars they don't even own to other forum members who have always owned own Corvette's. Total waste of time!

I buy the Z06 because I like the car and nothing stacks up to compare!

I can own two just ordering another 7k in AFTERMARKET PARTS
for my A8 Z06. Landing it In a league where not many can beat it!

Using the numbers from Tune time running the same exact mods.
9.7's @ 138-140mph
on premium pump gas.
Bring your Supercar!
Old 05-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Pretty sure I've passed AI Lit. But thanks for trying to insult me. Perhaps if you could write a statement that isn't completely ****** vague and then blame others when they can't follow your delusional way of thinking, we may get somewhere. Until then...I guess listening to your pathetic attempts at insults and ridiculous contradictory statements will have to do.

BTW, there was only ever ONE generation of Gallardo. The engine only changed once when it went from a 5.0 V10 to a 5.2 V10 in 2008. But it was still the same body style just body/paint/aero/title tweaks, with the occasional bump in HP from tuning. They never had different "generations" of them. And by YOUR definition a Gallardo IS a supercar (based on your edited post #284)...

Where you lose me is when you say things like Why is that a poor example? Because it wasn't purchased brand new with cash? Can it not be fixed? What's wrong with a salvage title car? You can still put plates and insurance on it. Or how about one that has a clean title, but just a minor accident reported like here:https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=199123059 Nothing wrong with that car at all. Except it's not "new." Therefore is it NOT a supercar anymore?

Bottom line is, the middle class CAN afford supercars because there are plenty of affordable examples are out there. Which for reasons unknown upsets you greatly.
I clearly stated the Gallardo WAS a supercar and that is somehow vague? Are you really that dense? Also, you do realize that the Gallardo isn't the current generation, right? It is the Huracan so it is pointless to post links to 14 year old cars when I keep saying current generation supercars. Another prime example, that you have no idea what is going on. Keep digging your hole.

Last edited by Sub Driver; 05-18-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:06 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Insecurity is when you spend an huge amount of time to defend the Z06 as NOT being a supercar in a Z06 forum! Insecurity would also would be identified as spending "too much on a car". Maybe to compensate for lacking in other areas!

Important note!
I also believe Warp already posted the definition of a supercar and many are still trying to promote there own definition.

To glorify cars they don't even own to other forum members who have always owned own Corvette's. Total waste of time!

I buy the Z06 because I like the car and nothing stacks up to compare!

I can own two just ordering another 7k in AFTERMARKET PARTS
for my A8 Z06. Landing it In a league where not many can beat it!

Using the numbers from Tune time running the same exact mods.
9.7's @ 138-140mph
on premium pump gas.
Bring your Supercar!

You might need to dissect the definition of insecurity because this post screams it lol.

Talking about what the Z06 is or isn't on a Z06 forum has little to nothing to do with what is fact and what's not. You seem to run around this time and time again, but then again i see you take my bait almost each time so here we are again lol.

No one is glorifying anything, insecurity in this case is grouping a car into a class that certainly doesn't belong there. The fact everyone dismisses what's really true and what isn't, just because someone is actually stating facts from a NON BIASED point of view, actually shows.......what's that? Insecurity LOL. Let me dumb this down for you since you don't understand. Ever tell a person who is a addicted to something, "hey you have an addiction". The first response is, "no i'm not". That's denial LOL

All that other jibberish you said, again irrelevant, which also shows insecurity. So you can take "7k worth of parts" and beat on supercars. But what does that prove?? I can take a 7k car itself that was modified and beat a supercar. That just makes it a 7k POS that beat a supercar. Does that make it a supercar?

You also fail to realize that even if it takes only 1k worth of parts to beat a supercar means it just took 1k worth of parts to beat a supercar.

Like what was said, Z has the looks and the "supercar performance".

It just isn't a supercar

Broken record anyone?? The many posts, yet we come to the same conclusion

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 05-18-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:08 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

I do agree that the Gallardo is a supercar (even though the one you linked has a salvaged title and is torn up LOL) but, again, we are not discussing old supercars because it doesn't scale with current cars. Every generation of cars gets better, including the supercars, until newer sports cars are just as good as old out-dated supercars. If you cannot grasp that simple concept then I don't know what to tell you.
No, THIS is exactly what you said. First of all, what makes YOU an expert in performance scale? How can a modded older car "not scale" with a newer car? There are literally THOUSANDS of examples of how this statement is incorrect. Secondly, you COMPLETELY CONTRADICT your statement by saying this: (as I highlighted) until the "newer cars are just as good as the out-dated supercars."

So I ask again. How does an OLD supercar become NO LONGER a supercar? Especially when you can wax the newer cars *** with a little bit of expense. Us po' middle class folk must not be able to understand the value of a dollar. But the ultra rich obviously do...because they're willing to throw away TONS of money on under performing "supercars."
Old 05-18-2018, 06:15 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

You might need to dissect the definition of insecurity because this post screams it lol.

Talking about what the Z06 is or isn't on a Z06 forum has little to nothing to do with what is fact and what's not. You seem to run around this time and time again, but then again i see you take my bait almost each time so here we are again lol.

No one is glorifying anything, insecurity in this case is grouping a car into a class that certainly doesn't belong there. The fact everyone dismisses what's really true and what isn't, just because someone is actually stating facts from a NON BIASED point of view, actually shows.......what's that? Insecurity LOL. Let me dumb this down for you since you don't understand. Ever tell a person who is a addicted to something, "hey you have an addiction". The first response is, "no i'm not". That's denial LOL

All that other jibberish you said, again irrelevant, which also shows insecurity. So you can take "7k worth of parts" and beat on supercars. But what does that prove?? I can take a 7k car itself that was modified and beat a supercar. That just makes it a 7k POS that beat a supercar. Does that make it a supercar?

You also fail to realize that even if it takes only 1k worth of parts to beat a supercar means it just took 1k worth of parts to beat a supercar.

It just isn't a supercar

Fits right! Bring your "Supercar" For a run!

Corvette BABY!
Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:20 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

You don't think the

It just isn't a supercar

Yep same conclusion!
Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:20 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Fits right! Bring your "Supercar" For a run!

Corvette BABY!
Careful with these guys man...they can't handle that a ZO6 is in EVERY WAY a supercar. They're just pissed that they spent 4-5 times as much for something that can't hang. But at least it looks good losing.

But wait...the Corvette looks good, AND wins, AND costs a fraction of what they paid for their "supercars."
Old 05-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Well since we're doing it that way.

Looks like our precious "supercar" just got dismantled by a japanese SUPERCAR, don't look at only one track, show all the goods!!

But wait, THERE'S MORE!!!

American on american crime. Yet the Z06 still can't do the time

The Z06 is an amazing car. "supercar LIKE" looks, "supercar LIKE" performance.

It just isn't a supercar

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 05-18-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:09 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

And let's not forget this.

Supercar???

It doesn't even fit under BUDGET supercar LOL
Old 05-18-2018, 07:13 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

What do you drive Rob?
Old 05-18-2018, 07:26 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Careful with these guys man...they can't handle that a ZO6 is in EVERY WAY a supercar. They're just pissed that they spent 4-5 times as much for something that can't hang. But at least it looks good losing.

But wait...the Corvette looks good, AND wins, AND costs a fraction of what they paid for their "supercars."
Except ONE thing these guys in this thread ae lucky they own a Z06( if) they even do and are magazine shoppers. Doubtful any own anything better.

Get notified of new replies

To Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?

Old 05-18-2018, 07:43 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

What do you drive Rob?

Old 05-18-2018, 07:48 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

What do you drive Rob?
A really cool SPORTS car...some car called a c7 z06 corvette.

It is a really nice car. Looks very nice, has a lot of power. It performs very well for a car that's not a supercar
Old 05-18-2018, 07:55 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

No, THIS is exactly what you said. First of all, what makes YOU an expert in performance scale? How can a modded older car "not scale" with a newer car? There are literally THOUSANDS of examples of how this statement is incorrect. Secondly, you COMPLETELY CONTRADICT your statement by saying this: (as I highlighted) until the "newer cars are just as good as the out-dated supercars."

So I ask again. How does an OLD supercar become NO LONGER a supercar? Especially when you can wax the newer cars *** with a little bit of expense. Us po' middle class folk must not be able to understand the value of a dollar. But the ultra rich obviously do...because they're willing to throw away TONS of money on under performing "supercars."
You obviously didn't grasp the concept like I said in my quote and it went completely over your head. Is this a joke or do you really not understand what you read? I never said older cars lose supercar status.

Lets put it this way and make sure you read it 2 or 3 times so you hopefully understand it. The supercar bar is a constantly moving target and improves year after year as new supercars are released. Modified cars never count because you can modify any car to be fast, stock vs stock is the only logical comparison. Once a supercar always a supercar. However, when determining if a car is a supercar you must compare it to the current generation of supercars, not cars that are 10-15 years old. The reason for this is every car gets better with every new generation. For example, the Ford Focus RS has performance numbers that match or beat a Lamborghini Countach but it is obvious that the Focus is not a supercar because it does not come close to current generation supercars. This is why your examples of 10-15 year old cars are irrelevant.

Last edited by Sub Driver; 05-18-2018 at 07:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (05-18-2018)

Quick Reply: Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?