C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Any advice, new to Corvettes...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 05:09 AM
Crunch527
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by spoolin98
Thanks for all the advice guys.

Getting anything other than a z06 is kind of out of the question. The stingray doesn’t apeal to me as much.

I have searched and really can’t find anything that has what I want for the price I want.
I ended up going to the dealership to talk numbers on a 2019 Z06 2lz. After dealing with about 5 different dealers I think I’ve found a dealer with a pretty fair price.
They don’t have what I want so they will have to order it, good thing is I can get it exactly how I want. When I built the car online I don’t really want any options besides 2lz, black wheels, and yellow calipers. Does anyone have any suggestions for options that are a must have that I am missing?

For those of you who are wondering, I can get it out the door for $80,700

Everywhere I read people talk about the PDR. I read about it in on chevys website and I think I’m going to order the car without it. Can anyone explain to me why I should get it? Is there something about it that the website doesn’t tell you?
i just don’t get what all the hype is about.
BTW: Have you chatted with Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg, Maryland? He sells a ton of new vettes and is well known on this forum.

Last edited by Crunch527; 03-16-2018 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:03 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

You should be able to get a 2lz with PDR and A8 for $76k.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:04 PM
0Yve@Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Congrats for Living NOW! GM points, if they apply..

Excited for you, Fellow Vette Friend!
* Consider purchasing cosmetic accessories AFTER you sign. There are several styles, customized parts to add with more options than GM offers...and at a fraction of the cost! Usually with a fairly easy DIY install.
* Ask for Undisclosed Discount offers....via Bank, Large retailer memberships, military, Veteran, Insurance, etc affiliations.
* Ask if you can use GM points towards the purchase.

Lastly, I'd consider only getting electronic internal upgrades that cannot be duplicated after purchase. Save the Cosmetic external mods for later 😉. Chevy overcharges for OEM external cosmetic mids

Looking forward to seeing your new addition! Boy Bye! After market wheels & ground effects... For less 😲 yve@edgyvette
The following users liked this post:
spoolin98 (03-16-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 02:26 PM
spoolin98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Crunch527
BTW: Have you chatted with Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg, Maryland? He sells a ton of new vettes and is well known on this forum.
I have not, I spoke with a Mike Boyce from Criswell through email and he didn't even come close to Kerbecks numbers. He gave me a price of $85,550 on out the door on a 19 2LZ with PDR and black wheels. .
My local dealership gave me their best price of $84332.09 on a 19 without a PDR, black wheels and yellow calipers.

So far Kerbeck is the only dealership that came in at over 10% off MSRP.

Oh and these are all M7 vehicles.

Last edited by spoolin98; 03-16-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:28 PM
spoolin98
Pro

Originally Posted by djnice
You should be able to get a 2lz with PDR and A8 for $76k.
Is that west coast numbers? For a 2019? I don't want to have to drive too far or fly to get the car. I haven't found anything near that price.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:26 PM
B&BVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 166 Posts

Several dealers are advertising Z06sfor sub-$75k if you don’t mind a basic one.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:06 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Is that west coast numbers? For a 2019? I don't want to have to drive too far or fly to get the car. I haven't found anything near that price.
No, that's MacMulkin, 2018. They may have M7's too.

Try using cargurus to locate your car then email for real price.

Just checked MacMulkin. What color are you looking for? They have long beach red or white with M7. They will probably only charge you a couple grand more for 2019.

Last edited by djnice; 03-16-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:31 PM
spoolin98
Pro

Originally Posted by djnice
No, that's MacMulkin, 2018. They may have M7's too.

Try using cargurus to locate your car then email for real price.

Just checked MacMulkin. What color are you looking for? They have long beach red or white with M7. They will probably only charge you a couple grand more for 2019.
I checked out their website, they are about 3 hours further from me than Kerbeck. Its about a 5 and a half hour ride compared to 2.5 hours to Atlantic City.
Their prices seem very comparable. I have a feeling they will come in around the same price as Kerbeck. From the reading I did people say 10% off MSRP is a good deal, Kerbeck came in at 11% off.
My local dealers wont even come close to that, I got quotes from 5 local dealers. Im fairly certain I'll be ordering through Kerbeck, I'm just trying to figure out if I should get the PDR or not.

Does anyone know if the car comes with floor mats? Its an option on the website...
Old 03-19-2018, 02:14 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

They do come with floor mats. The optional ones probably have logos and colors.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:31 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

I didnt see what state you live in, but annual property taxes adds right at $1000 when renewing license plates here in Kentucky.

Also, if you are buying outside of your own check out the tax rates where you buying the car. I live in Louisville Ky and was onsidering purchasing a Z06 in Memphis, Tn, until I figured out that in addition to paying state sales tax, I would have to pay a 7% City of Memphis rax on the purchase of vehicles.

Good luck.

Last edited by RACE U; 03-19-2018 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:25 AM
MrBlackZ06
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I recommend to check deferential oil level pre delivery and change the same at 500 miles.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:05 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Just for reference, when I asked for advice I meant with the car once I get it. Things I should know about such as protecting the rear quarters, doing an oil change at 500 miles, etc.
I just wanted to know if I was missing anything from the reading I did.
LOL. Welcome to the Corvette Forum where you'll get a plethora of responses/answers to everything but the question asked...

My answer to the question asked is buy a DSC Sport Controller. MANY have said it's the BEST mod you can buy for the C7 chassis. Truly transforms the car. Without one you're only realizing 60 - 70% of what the chassis has to offer. You can't make use of the available power without one...

In the big scheme of things all the other stuff is just "noise" and cosmetic ****.

Net cost of ownership of a DSC controller is nill as you can easily recoup 75% of the purchase price when you sell the car.

Rick

Last edited by rikhek; 03-19-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:10 PM
spoolin98
Pro

Originally Posted by MrBlackZ06
I recommend to check deferential oil level pre delivery and change the same at 500 miles.
Are they known to come low on gear oil? From my experience with rear diffs I don't recall ever seeing one with a dipstick. Is there a dipstick on these?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:14 PM
spoolin98
Pro

Originally Posted by rikhek
LOL. Welcome to the Corvette Forum where you'll get a plethora of responses/answers to everything but the question asked...

My answer to the question asked is buy a DSC Sport Controller. MANY have said it's the BEST mod you can buy for the C7 chassis. Truly transforms the car. Without one you're only realizing 60 - 70% of what the chassis has to offer. You can't make use of the available power without one...

In the big scheme of things all the other stuff is just "noise" and cosmetic ****.

Net cost of ownership of a DSC controller is nill as you can easily recoup 75% of the purchase price when you sell the car.

Rick
All the reading I have done on the forums and I haven't seen anything about this. Thank you, Ill have to look into this. Can this be used without the magnetic ride control?
I'm not ordering the z07 package. So whatever the car comes with from the factory is what I am getting.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:35 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

All the reading I have done on the forums and I haven't seen anything about this. Thank you, Ill have to look into this. Can this be used without the magnetic ride control?
I'm not ordering the z07 package. So whatever the car comes with from the factory is what I am getting.
Really surprised you haven't read about the DSC Sport Controller as it has generated SIGNIFICANT discussion. It's only for cars with the magnetorheological shocks.

Below are the two biggest threads to familiarize yourself. Other threads available if you search on "DSC".

821 posts and 60,284 views:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ervations.html

1,559 posts and 95,906 views:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ervations.html

Last edited by rikhek; 03-19-2018 at 06:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
spoolin98 (03-19-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 06:40 PM
spoolin98
Pro

Are they known to come low on gear oil? From my experience with rear diffs I don't recall ever seeing one with a dipstick. Is there a dipstick on these?
Disregard this I researched it and got my answer.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:03 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Getting anything other than a z06 is kind of out of the question. The stingray doesn’t apeal to me as much.

I have searched and really can’t find anything that has what I want for the price I want.
I ended up going to the dealership to talk numbers on a 2019 Z06 2lz. After dealing with about 5 different dealers I think I’ve found a dealer with a pretty fair price.
They don’t have what I want so they will have to order it, good thing is I can get it exactly how I want. When I built the car online I don’t really want any options besides 2lz, black wheels, and yellow calipers. Does anyone have any suggestions for options that are a must have that I am missing?

For those of you who are wondering, I can get it out the door for $80,700

Everywhere I read people talk about the PDR. I read about it in on chevys website and I think I’m going to order the car without it. Can anyone explain to me why I should get it? Is there something about it that the website doesn’t tell you?
i just don’t get what all the hype is about.
The PDR is great for track dogs. It does a better job than any substitute aftermarket solution. It doesn't require any setup, wires hanging all over the place or screwed up wifi or bluetooth connections. No matter where you put the aftermarket stuff you end up with something in the way. Post event data analysis on a PC works well using Cosworth Tool Box and Pi Tool Box applications from Cosworth.

Forum Member Poor-Sha has several posted several threads showing his track data analysis using Pi Tool Box.

For people who don't use the PDR it can help sell the car when you are moving on to something else. Sure a dealer may not really consider it but in the private market I wouldn't touch a car without it. Might not pay any more for a used car with it but sure wouldn't buy one without it. At least 20% of potential purchasers will be the same as me.

The market is broken into two groups: Waxers and Racers and if you don't want to eliminate Racers as potential Customers when selling your car you need to think like one when ordering it.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Any advice, new to Corvettes...

Old 03-20-2018, 02:36 PM
spoolin98
Pro

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The PDR is great for track dogs. It does a better job than any substitute aftermarket solution. It doesn't require any setup, wires hanging all over the place or screwed up wifi or bluetooth connections. No matter where you put the aftermarket stuff you end up with something in the way. Post event data analysis on a PC works well using Cosworth Tool Box and Pi Tool Box applications from Cosworth.

Forum Member Poor-Sha has several posted several threads showing his track data analysis using Pi Tool Box.

For people who don't use the PDR it can help sell the car when you are moving on to something else. Sure a dealer may not really consider it but in the private market I wouldn't touch a car without it. Might not pay any more for a used car with it but sure wouldn't buy one without it. At least 20% of potential purchasers will be the same as me.

The market is broken into two groups: Waxers and Racers and if you don't want to eliminate Racers as potential Customers when selling your car you need to think like one when ordering it.

Bill
Thanks for the valid input Bill.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:02 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn

Bill
very good point.

Even some of the waxers like to have the PDR, just to say they have it (even though they dont know or care how it works)

The only other advice i would give, is to go and take the Spring Mountain training for $1,000. You will learn alot about the car and how to drive it (even if you never track the car).
It will also provide a lot of confidence in driving it on the road, making it much more enjoyable to own.

As for the original poster's budget, if you are just talking about the cost of the car (because there will license, taxes and other dealer fees in most places), you should be able to find one for your $72,000 budget. Just be prepared to go get it outside of your local area. I would go to car gurus or a similar sight and do a search of Z06's within a 200 mile radius.

Good Luck!

Last edited by RACE U; 04-17-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:15 PM
spoolin98
Pro

Originally Posted by RACE U
very good point.

Even some of the waxers like to have the PDR, just to say they have it (even though they dont know or care how it works)

The only other advice i would give, is to go and take the Spring Mountain training for $1,000. You will learn alot about the car and how to drive it (even if you never track the car).
It will also provide a lot of confidence in driving it on the road, making it much more enjoyable to own.

As for the original poster's budget, if you are just talking about the cost of the car (because there will license, taxes and other dealer fees in most places), you should be able to find one for your $72,000 budget. Just be prepared to go get it outside of your local area. I would go to car gurus or a similar sight and do a search of Z06's within a 200 mile radius.

Good Luck!
I ended up ordering a 2019 Z06, haven't gotten it yet. The order was just placed last week. Ill look into the spring mountain training. Thanks again everyone for the input, oh and I went with the PDR.

Quick Reply: Any advice, new to Corvettes...