C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Nurburgring update

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 08:06 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
delays at customs will ruin your goals in a heartbeat. And they will delay you weeks at a time if things aren't 100% high and tight on all the paperwork

Which port is it leaving from?
first delay in Houston port, they did not have our container on site and they wanted the car and spares left under Just an awning. So we said no and loaded the car up and brought it back to Dallas till we are sure our container is available.
‘The ship leaves Thursday the 9th and if we miss that one, the next one is the following Thursday the 16th.

Either way way it will be tough for it to get to Germany in time for my 2 track days on August 27-28th.

I may may be renting another BMW for my next track days.
‘No worries though, at least I will get two more full track days. And with these track days, we don’t have to stop in between laps. We can run full laps.

Stay tuned

lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports.

The following 4 users liked this post by LG Motorsports:
cvp33 (08-05-2018), Mikec7z (08-05-2018), racerx8 (08-05-2018), wildgoat (08-06-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 09:10 PM
4turbos
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

how about we all chip in for Lou a go fund me bank account/while my bank account is nothing like his,if enough Z06 owners jumped in we could probably buy a lap or two/might even have some stick on stickers for 500 or 1000 donations/we can all dream of doing what Lou is attempting,none of us can drive like he does,and few if any could finance such a trip
The following users liked this post:
LG Motorsports (08-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 10:02 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports

first delay in Houston port, they did not have our container on site and they wanted the car and spares left under Just an awning. So we said no and loaded the car up and brought it back to Dallas till we are sure our container is available.
‘The ship leaves Thursday the 9th and if we miss that one, the next one is the following Thursday the 16th.

Either way way it will be tough for it to get to Germany in time for my 2 track days on August 27-28th.

I may may be renting another BMW for my next track days.
‘No worries though, at least I will get two more full track days. And with these track days, we don’t have to stop in between laps. We can run full laps.

Stay tuned

lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports.
my connections are at the miami and NJ ports, if your problem was there, it would have been solved before i responded here. I have already reached out to a friend of mine, can you please PM me any details of your shipment and I will do my best to make sure they dont f*** you guys over right now... because that is all these guys do, unless you do business with them daily it seems.

The following 3 users liked this post by Mikec7z:
Dane@LGmotorsports (08-06-2018), LG Motorsports (08-05-2018), thebishman (08-06-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

i am not going to lie, i would have left the car there, and left someone there to peacefully wait with it... if its not their way, its the hiway... and not the waterway... but... like i said, i will do what i can on my end to get this resolved for you

I was going to tell you, its always best to already have the car loaded into the container BEFORE the container arrives at the port, and have the container carried in by truck... makes things run much smoother... i feel stupid for not volunteering this sooner, but i get a lot of flack for suggesting to others what to do, so i was staying out of it. But im on it now, as long as thats okay with you?

PM me your number as well so i can contact you directly please.

"Freight Forwarding" is the term for having the car already loaded in the container before it enters the port. It may muddy the water to try to do it now... but i would give these guys a call, and see what their opinion is... most of the guys who run these operations are not americans, and rude as hell, so just be polite and work your way through it (i say this so you understand there are not better people to call, they all suck in this business)... but if you give these guys a call at the number I am linking below, and tell them your situation, and see if there is anything THEY can do to assist and assure that your car will make it on this boat ride, i would gather any info from them that you can. They may try to charge you more than what you are already paying of course, but at this point, it might be worth it. Again, if someone can take the car back to the port, and wait with it, im sure you have an hourly employee happy to sit with the car at 20 bucks an hour, and assure that your quest is not stopped by the ports.

I knew this was going to happen, i am sorry you guys are going through this..

Feight Forwarders Inc
(281) 227-3331 or (281) 227-3332

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-06-2018 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:21 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

Awesome stuff....can't wait to see this unfold. Do some small video at least...one pic a month ain't cuttin our needs!
Old 08-05-2018, 11:00 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

just talked to Lou, what a great guy, we are going to get this sorted out, he has his I's dotted and T's crossed more than I figured he would, as most people shipping a car for their first time get delayed for months it seems, exporting cars overseas is no joke, but we will get it on the boat by Thursday I believe. Tomorrow we will get things sorted out if freight forwarders is not open tonight.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-05-2018 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:57 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

also, make sure you make lots of copies of the title, photocopies and perfect color pictures on your phone.

IF the car is under 5000 miles, you may need to have the ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER from GM in the car as well if you have it. Its a long story. Take photos of it as well before you include it with the car.. i would HIDE it in the car, where it is not easily found, because the workers at the ports STEAL these... or keep the window sticker with you and be prepared to present it to europe/germany customs.

Take a lot of pictures of the contents of EACH drawer in the tool boxes, in good light. Then make sure the tool boxes are locked shut and strapped shut (or even wrapped shut). Make sure that the spare tires are between the tool boxes and the car in the container, and see if a spare tire can be put between the sides of the car and the sides of the container, 1 at each wheel of the car basically. (your car is pretty wide, as are your tires, so you might have to use something else if handy. Start brainstorming. Its not a rough ride normally to where this will matter, but, everything that can go wrong, eventually does. Boat could hit a hurricane swell along the way, you just don't ever know, or crane operator hits the container into something... while you HAVE insurance for all of this and are bonded, the problem is, a broken car wont set records, so preparing your own custom made padding using the tires you are already shipping, might be a life saver later. Take a picture of each and every spare tire, and take a CLEAR picture of the VIN of the vehicle at the windshield, and the door sill VIN sticker and weights, and VIN at the engine if you can. IF there is a visible engine serial number on the engine, take a picture of that as well.

I'll let you know if i can think of anything else they can ruin your life with if you don't have handy on Thursday when the container is supposed to be going on the ship and they hold you up for no reason, or, more likely, when it lands in customs in germany. Them not loading it tonight is going to end up being a blessing in disguise i bet, things are going to work out.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-06-2018 at 12:49 AM.
LG Motorsports (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 12:16 AM
LG Motorsports

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
also, make sure you make lots of copies of the title, photocopies and perfect color pictures on your phone.

IF the car is under 5000 miles, you may need to have the ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER from GM in the car as well if you have it. Its a long story. Take photos of it as well before you include it with the car.. i would HIDE it in the car, where it is not easily found, because the workers at the ports STEAL these... or keep the window sticker with you and be prepared to present it to europe/germany customs.

Take a lot of pictures of the contents of EACH drawer in the tool boxes, in good light. Then make sure the tool boxes are locked shut and strapped shut (or even wrapped shut). Make sure that the spare tires are between the tool boxes and the car in the container, and see if a spare tire can be put between the sides of the car and the sides of the container, 1 at each wheel of the car basically. Its not a rough ride normally to where this will matter, but, everything that can go wrong, eventually does. Boat could hit a hurricane swell along the way, you just don't ever know, or crane operator hits the container into something... while you HAVE insurance for all of this and are bonded, the problem is, a broken car wont set records, so preparing your own custom made padding using the tires you are already shipping, might be a life saver later. Take a picture of each and every spare tire, and take a picture of the VIN of the vehicle at the window, a the door sill sticker, and at the engine if you can. IF there is a visible serial number on the engine, take a picture of that as well.

I'll let you know if i can think of anything else they can ruin your life with if you don't have handy on Thursday when the container is supposed to be going on the ship and they hold you up for no reason. Them not loading it tonight is going to end up being a blessing in disguise i bet, things are going to work out.

Just got off the phone with freight forwarders— they are going to try to work with the original shipper and get this done

thanks for the help!

lou Gigliotti
Mikec7z (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 12:22 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports

Just got off the phone with freight forwarders— they are going to try to work with the original shipper and get this done

thanks for the help!

lou Gigliotti

no problem at all, i should have been more clear early-on back in july, that I am here to help. Worst case, you get some more laps in with the BMW, as I'm not sure the car will get there in time even if loaded this thursday. I wish you would have mentioned sooner you were having problems, i didn't want to intrude. I should have paid closer attention to your post in early july when you said you were shipping out in a couple weeks, and i should have realized sooner, that you were already experiencing delays since you car is still here and not on the boat yet, since you were having troubles with the people you mentioned to me.

Im glad my friend was right about that freight forwarding company being open 24 hours, and on a sunday night none the less, most of them are not obviously.

**I edited my post above as i remembered more things like the window sticker, etc, so re read it when you get time. Use a flashlight and have the camera flash off if you cant get clear photos tonight, or just wait until morning, but make sure you don't get rushed and forget any that i mentioned.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-06-2018 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:40 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

more things...

have clear photos of the owners drivers license... and even one of him holding his license with his face in the photo, and then third, i would even have a quick video, of him saying his full name and him saying he wishes for the car to go to germany for a few weeks to compete in a race, and return back to america and have him read off the vin number in that video.

youll be amazed later if and when this stuff actually matters... as it may be important when it lands in europe and will allow to you avoid customs delays IF you are going to make it on time.

@Z06Norwayjust shipped a vette from florida to europe as well, but i believe he entered at a different port, you may shoot him a PM and see if he responds for any extra tips, as i dont export to europe often. He also seems to be connected in the German club of car elites it seems from some of his posts, so he might be a great person to reach out to as well.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-06-2018 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
Awesome stuff....can't wait to see this unfold. Do some small video at least...one pic a month ain't cuttin our needs!
This is from testing, took it from the pit area, not that great. I have another one in the passenger seat but it's s***, wasn't looking at the phone and thought I had it higher up/was trying to position it to where you could see the speedometer, should've just done it straight ahead.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dane@LGmotorsports:
cvp33 (08-06-2018), Mikec7z (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 128 Posts

I really hope that exhaust setup does not affect you on the Ring. I don't want those guys to throw the book at you guys for any reason whatsoever.

Many manufacturers have come and gone at the Ring with a history of them flagging folks for sound decibels or for not following whatever reason. Just ask Koe****segg...

I get the sense that the Nurburgring is very Pro-Porsche and BMW. Those guys seem to never have issues there.

I know you guys over - prepare but just make sure you go through every rule possible at the Ring to make sure there are no issues. GM has botched the Z06 marketing effort at every turn so you can imagine we are all nervous and cautious for you guys. For most of us, this is the last attempt for the Z06 to show it's might at the Ring.

Also, see the following video from Misha / Apex Racing (his comments about the SVJ record), these idiots are always looking to undermine a non-porsche win.

Last edited by Checkmate1; 08-06-2018 at 11:10 AM.
pjazz (10-04-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 01:37 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

i agree, you will likely need some 90 degree bent pipes facing to the left i think it is, attached to all 4 exhaust tips
Old 08-06-2018, 02:49 PM
Drew27
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

If you have the stock mufflers on you can put the dashlogic on it and close the mufflers flaps
Mikec7z (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

they are making 750 at the wheels, i think it would be too much restriction. They can flow max air.. it just needs to take a left

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-06-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:11 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

I think Lou is going to succeed with the shippers today and tomorrow, which is no easy task considering they went from a 20ft up to a 40ft container. I believe they will have the car on the boat by Thursday. Hopefully good weather and quick passage allows the car to make it to Germany on time.

You could always muddy the water more, and put the c6 with the dct in the container too... you have room now
Old 08-06-2018, 04:02 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

I'd be up for contributing to some sort of "crowd-funding" effort for LG. That's what the Viper folks did, and they still didn't manage to pull off anything all that impressive. I'd wager that Lou and LG can.

Get notified of new replies

To Nurburgring update

Old 08-06-2018, 06:23 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 735 Likes on 482 Posts

I wish we had thought as a group to have a 'Go Fund Me(?)' site set up so that Lou could have flown the car over. I wonder what the difference in costs are?

Bish
Old 08-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
I wish we had thought as a group to have a 'Go Fund Me(?)' site set up so that Lou could have flown the car over. I wonder what the difference in costs are?

Bish
My guess is that it wouldn't have avoided any sort of customs delays. The price difference? Probably huge, based on how much my wife (who works for an OEM supplier) tries to avoid air shipments.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:47 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
I'd be up for contributing to some sort of "crowd-funding" effort for LG. That's what the Viper folks did, and they still didn't manage to pull off anything all that impressive. I'd wager that Lou and LG can.

I suggested T shirts, I'd gladly buy a few to support this run.

Quick Reply: Nurburgring update