C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Nurburgring update

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 11:36 PM
360Lemans
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
The physics have changed between GTSport and GT6, but both are like a solid 90% representation in the scans...you can feel the car unload and load where actual...what you can't tell is a real representation of what curbs will bite you bad and what ones won't. The big difference visually, is the depth, the elevation feeling, and the sheer risk at some areas.

I think a capable guy can jump on the Ring, that knows the track virtually, and easily be at that 90% level fairly quickly...but, it takes a lot of laps to truly get that last 10% and a true qualifying grade pace...that's why you need a real Ring master that can extract what that car has to offer.

If Lou pulled a 7:05 or better, having no time on the track prior...I'd say the old man really has some fire still burnin and soft hands still.

Setup is going to be everything and I don't think you have enough time to pull adequate data to potentially even hit something serious without really putting the car at risk. You're going to need some allies big time.
K.I.T.T WOW you are so spot on!!! The way you talk about the Green Hell can only come from a true Ringer. If I had to guess I'm sure you have had a encounter with the Armco?? I think 95% are Nürburgring Nordschleife enthusiast racers and only 5% can call themselves Ring Masters.

I love your comment "It's a track with an immediate penalty and a lot of things that can bite...especially if you don't own the chassis...lol."

Ya I was making payments on my C5 Z06 while running the Ring. That really adds to the pucker factor!!

I sure hope Lou has a great time

Last edited by 360Lemans; 04-26-2018 at 10:50 PM. Reason: lou not luo spent too much time overseas bad habit
Old 03-06-2018, 12:09 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Lasco001
Scuderia Hanseat I know very well
My opinion: if you are a beginner, then that is very good

Lou, you are experienced, I recommend * Sport Auto * to get to know the track
Last year Oliver Gavin was also there.
There are 20 different levels. You go to level 1-5

Ring Taxi:
This is a company that has the house on the Nordschleife.
An experienced racer drives and you are with driver (taxi)

Cölestin

I have been in contact with the Ring Taxi already. I have 2 days set up with them.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind Regards

Christine Schlenker
Team Ringtaxi.com

Should be fun and challenging. Hey, all the doubters, our car is going to be much faster than any of you expect. And no, it won't be easy but is anything easy?

LG
Old 03-06-2018, 01:00 PM
Rumba
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
Default Good Luck Lou

We’re all pulling for you. Can’t wait to see some video!
The following users liked this post:
LG Motorsports (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 01:24 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Lasco001
Lou

When are you at the Nürburgring?
Who is the organizer of the 3-day training at the Nürburgring

I am also in training for three days in the summer
11.07.- 13.07 with Sport-Auto

Cölestin
email me with info on these dates in July.

Thanks
Attn, Lou Gigliotti
Sales@lgmotorsports.com
Old 03-06-2018, 01:25 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Rumba
We’re all pulling for you. Can’t wait to see some video!
Thanks,

If I fail, it won't be for lack of preparation

Lou G
Old 04-03-2018, 02:54 PM
LG Motorsports

Default Nurburgring Chassis #002 build is under way

Hi folks

As you know, we are building a new 2019 C7 Z06 to run at the Nurburgring Green Hell track in October

the build has started and we have take off parts available from the 2019 Z06 that we are transforming

As a result, we are selling take off parts as we go forward.

other take off parts still available

>Hood sold<
Side rockers'
Front spoiler
Rear spoiler
New Wheels with new tires (22 miles on them)
Brakes complete w rotors
sway bars,
Leaf Springs and Mag shocks
radiator
intercooler
fan and shroud
exhaust complete
motor mounts
Diff mounts
Stock seats both sides

Give us a call at LG Motorsports if you are interested in any of these parts
972-429-1963

Old 04-04-2018, 01:58 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

If LG does not let a experienced RING DRIVER take the car for at least a few laps, LG is really shooting themselves in the foot. Its not that LG's driver is not good, its that the RING is so large, and to memorize it, and know its quirks, is something absolutely necessary.

I hope LG's driver is playing a lot of video games to memorize the track in the meantime if not.
CorvetteBrent (08-30-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 02:48 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
If LG does not let a experienced RING DRIVER take the car for at least a few laps, LG is really shooting themselves in the foot. Its not that LG's driver is not good, its that the RING is so large, and to memorize it, and know its quirks, is something absolutely necessary.

I hope LG's driver is playing a lot of video games to memorize the track in the meantime if not.
Wow. Mike, I know
“LG’s driver.” You should take some time to look him up.

LG
Old 04-04-2018, 01:04 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Wow. Mike, I know

LG
Yeah for real.... what an idiot...SMH....
Old 04-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Build starts Monday! Rob and his guys are filming the build so we’re condensing it into one week, lots of late nights ahead but it’ll allow for a lot of testing/fine tuning before October.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:46 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Wow. Mike, I know

LG
I was well aware it was you. Your posts above mine state such. To assume I did not read that part, is a reflection on you. When i wrote my original post I did not want to target it at you directly, it was written that way to avoid confrontation. I am not against you personally, I am pointing out that ANYONE who does not have extensive personal time behind the wheel at that track, will most likely turn a longer lap time, than someone who is "not the most experienced in your corvette" but has great experience on the track.

I am not the first person in this thread to point out this reality.

Its like the Isle of Mann TT motorcycle race.

You can put those guys on any bike, and they will do well.

You put a top team rider on that track who has never been on that track before, he doesn't stand a chance.

I want to see you guys get great numbers with the car. My suggestion is simply that you allow an additional driver to turn some laps after you do.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 04-08-2018 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Basil2000
Drifting

Received 963 Likes on 498 Posts

Wow. Mike, I know

LG
Lou, this is a link to a thread over on rennlist. See the replies from b2wise. He is bill wise the Chevy engineer that drove the zl1 on its 7:16 lap at Nürburgring. Not sure if you know him but may be a good resource if he would share some insight. I’m pulling to see you run sub 7.

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...fe-soon-2.html

Last edited by Basil2000; 04-08-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:36 AM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

I've played a lot of video games with the Nurburgring.......maybe I can help?
Old 04-19-2018, 03:27 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Basil2000
Lou, this is a link to a thread over on rennlist. See the replies from b2wise. He is bill wise the Chevy engineer that drove the zl1 on its 7:16 lap at Nürburgring. Not sure if you know him but may be a good resource if he would share some insight. I’m pulling to see you run sub 7.

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...fe-soon-2.html
I don’t know him but he did a great job on his 7:16. Really good drive,.

I have a couple of German contacts at the Ring plus we should have on site help from Bilstein . Working on Michelin for some help over there’

Lou G
Old 04-19-2018, 03:52 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by CT Grand Sport CE
One thing you could do, if you haven’t already, is get a Playstation & Gran Turismo Sport ( the latest version). It has the Nordschleife as well as the GP circuit. I couldn’t tell you how accurately they replicate bumps and camber, but I imagine that the layout is pretty accurate. Just a thought. I hope to get there one day. Best of luck!!
+1. While in Germany, I did 2 laps and almost ate it a few times. Got the hell off the 'Ring before I trashed my 2000 Arctic White FRC you built with the forged 402 after that idiot at Antivenom in Florida destroyed my engine using the wrong sized pushrods!!

When I got back stateside, I bought a PC Game that featured the Nurburgring. So I bought a force feedback steering wheel and foot pedals.

Lou, trust me on this....when I first started playing I was just as bad as in real life. But after 50-100 games over and over.....you really do learn the turns and the speeds (in the game) to be successful. And the game was spot on with track layout.

My initial game time was a crappy 14:XX. By the time I could say I was "experienced" in the game I was down to 7:40s. And yes, I was using a C6 Corvette in the game.

You have nothing to lose and a whole lot of track layout to gain.

Or.....watch a really good YouTube video over and over. That helps too. But not as much as the game did.

Be safe out there!! And after you run Nurburgring, shake down HockenheimRing!!

Last edited by WICKEDFRC; 04-19-2018 at 04:00 AM.
LG Motorsports (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 10:23 AM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

I hear you might be getting up with my buddy Robert from Apex when you go over, well worth it and super nice guy. Former corvette tuner to boot. Excited to see your results!
Old 04-19-2018, 11:15 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by bullitt4110
I hear you might be getting up with my buddy Robert from Apex when you go over, well worth it and super nice guy. Former corvette tuner to boot. Excited to see your results!
I have been in contact with him already. Thanks

LG

Get notified of new replies

To Nurburgring update

Old 05-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

The physics have changed between GTSport and GT6, but both are like a solid 90% representation in the scans...you can feel the car unload and load where actual...what you can't tell is a real representation of what curbs will bite you bad and what ones won't. The big difference visually, is the depth, the elevation feeling, and the sheer risk at some areas.

I think a capable guy can jump on the Ring, that knows the track virtually, and easily be at that 90% level fairly quickly...but, it takes a lot of laps to truly get that last 10% and a true qualifying grade pace...that's why you need a real Ring master that can extract what that car has to offer.

If Lou pulled a 7:05 or better, having no time on the track prior...I'd say the old man really has some fire still burnin and soft hands still.

Setup is going to be everything and I don't think you have enough time to pull adequate data to potentially even hit something serious without really putting the car at risk. You're going to need some allies big time.
Heard back from Bilstein last week, they're going to be track-side with us Stop Tech is making a Trophy Big Brake Kit for C7 and Lou is now signed up for 3 different schools at the ring prior to the lap time attempt!
Old 05-10-2018, 11:18 AM
LG Motorsports

Actually, not schools but track days with some help from local experts.

4 of the track days will be in our own C7 Corvette Ring Car.
I will Learn the 12.9 miles in 3 segments as if it were 3 different tracks . I can learn a 4 mile track in my sleep.

SO, stay tuned folks.
I never get in a car on a race track unless I have a plan to win. ----NO we don't win all the time but we have the tools and desire, so seriously, Stay tuned.

Lou G

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 05-10-2018 at 11:19 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by LG Motorsports:
ajrothm (05-11-2018), Al3x_666 (05-11-2018), thebishman (05-15-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 11:51 PM
LG Motorsports

KITT,
As a Math Major, lets clarify your statement. I feel like a millennial Snowflake here!!!

Oh yeah, (Not an old man but a Pro World Challenge winner just 2 years ago setting a race record ) Do you have any ideal how many pro races I have run? me neither -- but plenty -- hundreds!

** For someone to leave 10% on the table out of a 7:10 lap, that would mean that the driver would leave 43 seconds on the table--- Really?
>> 7:53 ?? Do you really think I could possibly leave 43 seconds on the table on a track that is only 3 times as long as Road America? That would mean that I would be off the pace at Road America by 14.33 seconds per lap???

Nurburgring is just pavement with just as many hard parts as any other serious track but they are combined into 3 tracks that are 4 miles long. Try Mosport turn 2, 3, and 4.

If I was going over as a "tourist" I would say that I might be off. BUT I am going to be on track 5 full days before our timed run. (June, August and September) AND I am looking into getting a timed run at one of the test days in August that I will attend.

My ***** have always been bigger than my brain on track, so rather than just guess what time I will run, I will actually do it then report back after and leave the guessing out.

Know this, I hate to lose, and to me anything close to a 7 minute time will be a win. But if we hit 7 minutes or below it will be a Grand Slam!

I will do my best and for sure I would imagine that I will leave something on the table but more like 3-4 seconds, not 43. I can tell you that on a new track we never get 5 days of testing before the first race.

Utah, for example, the first pro race ever held there, World Challenge race was a new event. I got the pole, led every lap and won the race. (probably just luck?)

Don't take any of this personally but I am a hard core racer who plans on doing everything in my power to get up to max speed and min lap time.

Our car has all our suspension mods as well as our LG Motorsports engine mods, racing brakes built for us by StopTech, Aero improvements using our own wing and splitter and dive planes etc.

I might just stop at the ZOO and get a monkey to drive it

BUT we will see. NOTE::::: All we need is DRY weather.

Notice to all, It will not be as easy as we think and there is a risk of damaging the car which of course will open the door to all the Second Guessers who say, "I told you so"!! But I don't care.

Below, World Challenge times were on DOT Toyo Tires. The Tire test was using Kumho slicks and we set the track record. We came back with Michelin Track Day slicks and broke the record by another second.

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 05-15-2018 at 12:25 AM.
Ferntree (12-05-2018)

Quick Reply: Nurburgring update