C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 with Wide Winglets!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 02:26 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Firemedic301
Installed today was a piece of cake. Took me about 30 minutes. I did jack my car up to give me a little more room. They look good. Hopefully I never need the protection.

Thanks Firemedic!

I think you are the first person with feedback, so I'm guessing the others installed fine.

BTW, nice color choice on your car, I've always been partial to the lighter colors.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:10 PM
vettefordays
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 71 Posts

Very interesting product. Was considering rigging up something myself similar to this for my splitter. Might be buying
Old 05-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Firemedic301
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ProTEKtMitch
Thanks Firemedic!

I think you are the first person with feedback, so I'm guessing the others installed fine.

BTW, nice color choice on your car, I've always been partial to the lighter colors.
Only info I could suggest for install was to find an improved (stronger fastener clips with counter sunk stainless screws (like the ones on the winglet bracket). The factory screws and factory fasteners are super easy to strip out. We all know if a customer strips out their factor screws/fasteners they are going to somehow blame you guys? Also, I am contemplating using a clear adhesive to seal up the gap between the splitter and the Protekt guard? Let me know what ya think.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:02 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Firemedic301
Only info I could suggest for install was to find an improved (stronger fastener clips with counter sunk stainless screws (like the ones on the winglet bracket). The factory screws and factory fasteners are super easy to strip out. We all know if a customer strips out their factor screws/fasteners they are going to somehow blame you guys? Also, I am contemplating using a clear adhesive to seal up the gap between the splitter and the Protekt guard? Let me know what ya think.

I recommend going pretty easy on torquing the factory bolts, as the First thing that breaks is the fasctory tab on the splitter. (The factory clips are actually pretty stout, and it would take quite a bit to strip one)

Also, if the bolts are tightened too much, the Skidplates can sometimes crack around the bolt washers. (I replace them under warranty, but it is hassle removing and replacing them.)
Old 05-04-2018, 04:37 PM
AMMUSCLE
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Default ACS Front Stage 3 Splitter

Thanks Firemedic!

Does this kit fit the ACS stage 3 front splitter?
Old 05-05-2018, 03:46 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AMMUSCLE
Does this kit fit the ACS stage 3 front splitter?
I think so.

If it is a duplicate of the OEM part, and has an underside surface for the parts to bolt to, it will work, though you might need to supply your own fasteners, or drill some holes, as my current kit uses factory hardware, and the ACS kit might not include that.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:00 AM
Gadsden
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18

******INTRO PRICE EXTENDED!!!******
Thanks! I missed out on the first run, got it this time. Can't wait to try these in September once I get my GS.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:43 AM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Gadsden
Thanks! I missed out on the first run, got it this time. Can't wait to try these in September once I get my GS.

Gadsen,

just to to be clear, this kit is specifically for the cars running the wider, Z07 winglet setup.

If your GS is a Stage 2 or 3 Aero, but running the normal Z06 or GS winglet configuration, you will need this kit, instead.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-sport.html

The difference is pretty subtle, so there has been some confusion, and a lot of shipping kits back and forth to get folks the correct parts for their car.

thanks,
Mitch.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:43 AM
Gadsden
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18

Attachment 48282550Attachment 48282550
just to to be clear, this kit is specifically for the cars running the wider, Z07 winglet setup...
Thanks for your concern. I will be running the larger Z07 winglets on my GS.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:02 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Gadsden
Attachment 48282550Attachment 48282550

Thanks for your concern. I will be running the larger Z07 winglets on my GS.

Thanks for the clarification. (Also, I think there are quite a few owners that are upgrading to the Z07 style winglets, on their GS and Z06 Corvettes.

I wasn't originally going to make a kit specifically for this setup, but I am learning that it is a lot more popular than I imagined, and also that replacement winglets from the dealer are super expensive.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:20 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

I still love mine on my grand sport. I have a steep driveway and If I go up just right i wont scrape. I do scrape on the way down sometimes, now that I have the plates, but not too bad. Not enough to damage anything at all.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:42 AM
Firemedic301
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks for the clarification. (Also, I think there are quite a few owners that are upgrading to the Z07 style winglets, on their GS and Z06 Corvettes.

I wasn't originally going to make a kit specifically for this setup, but I am learning that it is a lot more popular than I imagined, and also that replacement winglets from the dealer are super expensive.

These are identical to OEM for a 1/3 the price.
The following users liked this post:
ProTEKtMitch (05-23-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 01:25 PM
Eli-Z06
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Wrong protector got mailed to me!!

Okay Mitch got a hold of me and corrected the problem immediately! I did not order the right part! I was totally at fault!! But he called me right away to take care of it!! Good guy!!!

Last edited by Eli-Z06; 05-19-2018 at 01:53 PM. Reason: I am an idiot, and not to computer savvy
Old 05-21-2018, 09:55 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 747 Likes on 561 Posts

What size are the OEM splitter bolts? Please
Old 05-21-2018, 10:17 PM
Eli-Z06
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mdolandese
What size are the OEM splitter bolts? Please
what are you saying, you want me to pull a bolt out and measure the length it is? Are there different size lengths for the zo7 package?
Old 05-22-2018, 05:49 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Also, I am contemplating using a clear adhesive to seal up the gap between the splitter and the Protekt guard? Let me know what ya think.[/QUOTE]

I used black silicone sealer/caulk. Comes in a tube for your caulking gun.
The following users liked this post:
ProTEKtMitch (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 06:03 AM
Lyn Go Fast
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Mitch ... I ordered a set for my 2018 ZO6 3LZ ZO7 a while back that is still in the box ... can I swap the earlier product for this later version?
Please advise.
Thanx much!

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 with Wide Winglets!!

Old 05-22-2018, 01:59 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lyn Go Fast
Mitch ... I ordered a set for my 2018 ZO6 3LZ ZO7 a while back that is still in the box ... can I swap the earlier product for this later version?
Please advise.
Thanx much!
hey Lyn,

Lyn,

returns for uninstalled parts, in the original packaging are no problem.

PM me for the instructions for return.

We we don’t really have a way to do a straight exchange, so we handle the return and the shipment of the new Parts as 2 separate transactions.

FYI, if you are buying a kit for the Z07 winglet setup, do it today, as the listing is now live on my site, and the intro price will expire tonight, guaranteed.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 05-22-2018, 02:03 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by robertbruce
Also, I am contemplating using a clear adhesive to seal up the gap between the splitter and the Protekt guard? Let me know what ya think.
I used black silicone sealer/caulk. Comes in a tube for your caulking gun.[/QUOTE]

yea, there is a little gap, where the winglet meets the splitter, due to the shape of the winglet.

As as this is supposed to be a replaceable part, I would go with a matte black non adhesive caulk, like for window or tub sealing.

Personally I would avoid anything that is hard to remove, so I would stay away from construction adhesive, or anything that is intended to bond the parts together.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 05-22-2018, 08:22 PM
CubPilot
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I just got the Stage 2 splitter installed on my 2018 GS last week. Car didn't move until I got the protector a few days latter & installed it. From this perspective it is noticeable, but if you are standing up looking at it you barely notice it.
I haven't scraped the splitter yet, but it probably is coming. It's very easy to install and uses the screws used to attach the under tray. Very glad this was available to save "sanding" away the CF splitter if and when it meets the pavement.
Having to have a front plate SUCKS!

Last edited by CubPilot; 05-22-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 with Wide Winglets!!