C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Dealer scraped my 2018 Z06 front splitter....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 02:55 PM
accely
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ggpz06
I'm going to more than likely try and get the splitter and set it aside in the garage. But I just dont know if the dealer will be willing to give me the new splitter without giving back the one on the car now. Also, it worries me that they need 2 days to install this. Thanks again everyone.
yeah .. haha. I literally just took off my splitter (you can leave the side winglets on) and put a new one on in under 1 hour. Start to finish.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:58 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

I'd think that since they have offered to make good for you. You can just ask them to order it and allow you to pick up from parts department.

Originally Posted by Ggpz06
I'm going to more than likely try and get the splitter and set it aside in the garage. But I just dont know if the dealer will be willing to give me the new splitter without giving back the one on the car now. Also, it worries me that they need 2 days to install this. Thanks again everyone.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:25 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE=Firemedic301;1597020479]See if they will buy and install the Protekt protector?

Thanks Firemedic!

Here is the link to the splitter protection discussion thread, here on the forum.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...orvette-5.html
Old 04-20-2018, 03:06 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
If you plan on "driving" the car these are consumable pieces like brake pads, rotors and tires. Probably a different story if you're a car show/cruise-in/waxer owner.

I wish my dealer damaged mine like yours. I'd have them order and give me the new one and store it until an off track excursion destroys the one they scratched.

I've always wondered why "drivers" would ever order these pieces in carbon fiber as they're consumables. I'm on my 3rd front splitter and second set of side skirts. Side skirts and splitters get ripped off easily sliding through a gravel trap or bouncing through grass.

I keep a spare set of skirts and splitter at the track. I order my pieces in primer from ACS and paint them with a rattle can and they look great until they get consumed. Food for thought...

Rick
That's pretty smart I went with carbon because it wasn't that much more expensive and it makes me feel special at Cars and Coffee 😅. Had it on the track last night for the first time a lot of people went off but thankfully not me! following behind a guy when they start to spin out you can totally see it about to happen in slow motion.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:10 PM
CliffB-99
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 78 Posts

Since you know it’s damaged, I would have the dealership replace it. I’m **** that way. I would think about the scratches every time I drove it...
Old 06-12-2020, 08:46 AM
juggler
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice car!!! I just got mine a week ago.....Hooooooooooleeeeeeeeeeey sh*t!!!

Old 06-12-2020, 08:48 AM
juggler
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sorry, new to the site. I posted that in the wrong place:-(

Quick Reply: Dealer scraped my 2018 Z06 front splitter....