C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Now that the C8 is coming out, is the Z old looking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Panth3r
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

It's amazing how many opinions on this thread and to actually find a hater of the Z on a Z page is definitely a sign of the times
Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 AM
SLEEKVET
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by zergi06
The C7 will take it’s rightful place in history as the model that revived the brand and made the vette cool for a whole new generation of car enthusiasts. I think it will take quite some time before the C7 looks dated.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:09 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo

And i get a chuckle seeing how a few react on the forum when I call “our” babies ugly.
I actually meant the C8 was the one no one had seen but was willing to compare to, but not a big deal!

I can't even walk away from my daily driver without looking back at it
^^ This. Even after 10 years, if its freshly washed, I gotta turn and look as I leave (and I'm talking about my Range Rover, not the Vette). If you never do, you're driving the wrong vehicle.

Last edited by davepl; 05-16-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:03 PM
OilfieldVette
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if these renderings are accurate for the c8 - I am in.

Our c7 z06’s are not going to age well. I was out jogging on Saturday , and saw a c7z drive by and 20 minutes later a c6z06 drive by.

The c6z looked great , flowing sexy lines and I thought the c7z really looked clunky , big and angular.

I have a C6 (not a Z though) and am looking to upgrade to a C7Z but I find myself staring at my C6 and thinking it looks so much nicer then the C7, just isn't updated performance or tech wise. I would love a brand new C6 650 hp with all of the accoutrements of the C7. Maybe take the rear end an inch or two wider then the C6Z. Just my personal taste.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:08 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Panth3r
It's amazing how many opinions on this thread and to actually find a hater of the Z on a Z page is definitely a sign of the times
thats me an actual c7z owner. Though some think I am a troll. I would not say I hate the car. I am not particularly fond of it.

The designers just tried to hard (tech wise and styling wise). that’s what happens when you put the “b” team on a project that aren’t smart enough to know their not smart enough and an inferior product(not horrible) but not the best looking is produced.

I agree bang for the buck it’s a good car. I get it a lot of guys on here are all proud and spent their money and don’t appreciate a fellow owner bashing his own c7z. Especially a forum member Cercone. He took all the of this to the gutter and I followed him down.

I do appreciate the forum. I got some good itech ideas on maintenance and what to do for the 500 mike service and low dust brakes. And I have offered some good advice and helped a fellow c7z owner out when he was swapping pads. The forum has great value.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:42 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

thats me an actual c7z owner. Though some think I am a troll. I would not say I hate the car. I am not particularly fond of it.

The designers just tried to hard (tech wise and styling wise). that’s what happens when you put the “b” team on a project that aren’t smart enough to know their not smart enough and an inferior product(not horrible) but not the best looking is produced.

I agree bang for the buck it’s a good car. I get it a lot of guys on here are all proud and spent their money and don’t appreciate a fellow owner bashing his own c7z. Especially a forum member Cercone. He took all the of this to the gutter and I followed him down.

I do appreciate the forum. I got some good itech ideas on maintenance and what to do for the 500 mike service and low dust brakes. And I have offered some good advice and helped a fellow c7z owner out when he was swapping pads. The forum has great value.
I'm not trying to be a wise *** or offensive, so please don't take my comments that way. My question is if you don't particularly like the looks of the C7 Z06, why did you buy it? Personally, I purchase a car for the way it looks and then for performance. If a car isn't aesthetically pleasing to me I wouldn't buy it, regardless of it's performance. Even the purchase of my daily driver was based on looks rather than mileage. It's difficult for me to understand why someone would purchase such an expensive car that he/she doesn't really like. Again, just curious and not trying to stir the pot.
The following users liked this post:
Scoobydoobydoo (05-30-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 08:54 AM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

As a 34 year old guy who was looking at the Nissan GTR and Porsche 911 I wouldnt have even considered buying my 18 z06 2lz if it looked like the corvettes of the past. The old ones always had a old man look to it and I always saw men who probably should be dead driving them. The c7 brought a lot of young buyers to the Corvette in my opinion.
DavidC83 (05-17-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 09:02 AM
DavidC83
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

3 generations between them and yet the C3 is still beautiful. That same thing will be said 3 generations from now about the C7. Chevy's halo car has nor never will be, an ugly car!

The C6 and 7 wide bodied Vettes are my favorites. When you see one coming at you on the road and its sitting right, or has some sweet wheels, they just look good!

Old 05-17-2018, 09:11 AM
DavidC83
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by desibaba
As a 34 year old guy who was looking at the Nissan GTR and Porsche 911 I wouldnt have even considered buying my 18 z06 2lz if it looked like the corvettes of the past. The old ones always had a old man look to it and I always saw men who probably should be dead driving them. The c7 brought a lot of young buyers to the Corvette in my opinion.
I'm with you! I'm 35, but my serious love of the Vette started with the C5Z. My friends dad got a red one and cammed it, lowered it, and put CCws on it. It hooked me hard. Being a car guy, Ive always appreciated the Vette, but that C5Z did me in.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:24 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
I'm not trying to be a wise *** or offensive, so please don't take my comments that way. My question is if you don't particularly like the looks of the C7 Z06, why did you buy it? Personally, I purchase a car for the way it looks and then for performance. If a car isn't aesthetically pleasing to me I wouldn't buy it, regardless of it's performance. Even the purchase of my daily driver was based on looks rather than mileage. It's difficult for me to understand why someone would purchase such an expensive car that he/she doesn't really like. Again, just curious and not trying to stir the pot.
see post number 48 above. I answer this question as asked by someone else.
DevilDog II (05-18-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 03:55 PM
docf
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Really??? Show me or I'll call you a Demorat!
Old 05-17-2018, 04:56 PM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by docf
Really??? Show me or I'll call you a Demorat!
Come to the cars and coffee in palm beach county. Lots of c7 Z06s, Grand Sports and Stingrays driven by guys my age or younger.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:05 PM
I got your ZO6
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 100 Posts

Come to the cars and coffee in palm beach county. Lots of c7 Z06s, Grand Sports and Stingrays driven by guys my age or younger.

I'm 36 and I have always loved the Classic Vette's but honestly the C4 and C5 generations were so bland to me. I got interested again when GM introduced the Blue Devil C6. As soon as I saw the C7Z I knew I would own one. Just took me a couple years to make it happen!

When and where is the palm beach cars and coffee. I'll come down to the next one.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:49 PM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by I got your ZO6
I'm 36 and I have always loved the Classic Vette's but honestly the C4 and C5 generations were so bland to me. I got interested again when GM introduced the Blue Devil C6. As soon as I saw the C7Z I knew I would own one. Just took me a couple years to make it happen!

When and where is the palm beach cars and coffee. I'll come down to the next one.
https://www.carsandcoffeepb.com/

Palm Beach Outlets
1751 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL. 33401
Monthly / 8am-Noon
$5 Per Vehicle Entry
Spectators FREE
I got your ZO6 (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 09:35 PM
Stripeknight
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidC83
3 generations between them and yet the C3 is still beautiful. That same thing will be said 3 generations from now about the C7. Chevy's halo car has nor never will be, an ugly car!

The C6 and 7 wide bodied Vettes are my favorites. When you see one coming at you on the road and its sitting right, or has some sweet wheels, they just look good!

Awesome pic, when I was in elementary school I watched a black C3 drive in front of my school and it was my all time favorite car for my entire childhood.,
Old 05-19-2018, 01:02 AM
Firemedic301
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

No stroke or health issues or mental issues. the c7 is just one ugly poorly thought out ****. The “B” team was given the c7 design work. While The “A” team was assigned to work on the c8.
Well me like many others can attest that the “B” team that designed the C7 Z06 did an awesome job in the court of popular opinion!!! It is my everyday driver and almost everyday someone in a parking lot, gas station, or around town literally walks up to me and tells me what a beautiful car it is. And that is not even counting the amount of times I am eating dinner or exciting a store and watch people taking pictures or looking at it talking to their spouses about it. Not saying the “A” team won’t pump out a beautiful C8.
Scoobydoobydoo (05-30-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 05:42 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Some people can’t admire more than one model at a time, some can’t admire the one they don’t own....

I say we can dig as many different generations as we want.

Of course 20 year old designs age.....sure pop up headlights and longer than existing overhangs are no longer at their peak in design language...

Still they are to many of us stunning designs

I suggest the c7 z06 will be admired for at the very least it’s performance capabilities and that will hold its value in resale....I happen to admire its looks as well.

Yes it will be dated in design language sooner rather than later...

Strong styling designs tend to date rather quickly but that’s ok....it may not be the cutting edge latest design as the c8 hits the showrooms. The c7 will always be a strong design statement...

That will always keep the c7 z06 as an American icon

Get notified of new replies

To Now that the C8 is coming out, is the Z old looking?

Old 05-19-2018, 10:58 AM
lupicon
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

To the OP. No.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:18 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Each generation has had its successes and yes, they look different than the newest generation but other than maybe the C3s they all look great to me. And my angst with the C3 was that it was my first new Vette and it had no power at all. I recall like 180 hp or some such in a 3600 lb car. Didn't keep that one long. Had 2 C4s, 1 C5Z06, 1 C6Z06 and now the C7Z and I will get a C8GS whenever. As much as I love my 93 I think the best handling car I ever had was the 2001 Z and the most fun was the 2008 Z, but the best car overall is clearly the C7Z.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:01 PM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

As a kid I used to love cars with flip up headlights. Always wonder why they went away even in all the super cars

Quick Reply: Now that the C8 is coming out, is the Z old looking?