C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

HELP! Factory alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Targetlocked
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Factory alignment

Hello,
Has anyone had uneven or unusual tire wear on the factory alignment from which the car was delivered on? I have unusual tire wear on one of my rear tires and I am wondering if GM covers the cost of an alignment. My car has under 1200 miles and is less than a month since when i purchased it.
Thank you!
Old 07-20-2018, 02:46 PM
Clspht
Racer

Received 156 Likes on 81 Posts

They will usually do a courtesy alignment on a new one if you suspect an issue and its brought to them in a relatively short time after delivery ... Lots of info here on good street only alignment settings as well as street/track.... Most dealerships are not equipped for important rear caster adjustments ... Maybe you'll get lucky....
Old 07-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,987 Likes on 1,675 Posts

Originally Posted by Targetlocked
Hello,
Has anyone had uneven or unusual tire wear on the factory alignment from which the car was delivered on? I have unusual tire wear on one of my rear tires and I am wondering if GM covers the cost of an alignment. My car has under 1200 miles and is less than a month since when i purchased it.
Thank you!
yes, they will. no sooner than 500 miles, but I think there is a limit too. I'd see your dealer soon.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:15 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

Had my Z for 18 mos. finally the dreaded inside edge (many posts w/pics of this happening) of BOTH frt. tires wore to cords w/12K miles. Bought 4 new OE MPSS then alignment. Factory alignment right side was all buggered up, Toe, Camber & Caster. Service Manager ordered rear caster tools (2 required) thru Global Connect link where it is shipped to dealer with 2 day free shipping & must be returned within 5 days. After alignment it is truly a NEW beast. Where before when I tried WOT from stop & banging 2nd very quickly, car would get very loose (wanted to go sideways) & scared the crap out of me. Now, it absolutely pulls WOT from 1st thru 3rd with NO trying to get away from me (of course you must be going straight or will throw you/car into the bushes). Mine is M7 & I am in PTM Sport 1 90% of time, not sure if A8s try to go sideways sometimes. Alignment is CRITICAL in all situations & many PROs on here swear rear caster is paramount. Have seen many post that courtesy alignment must come before 7500 miles. Tell dealer car is pulling hard one way or another & should be no problem especially with your low mileage. GOOD LUCK!
The following users liked this post:
McFly (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 10:37 PM
Targetlocked
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone for the responses. I am having a horrible experience so far with the dealer (Keyes Chevrolet in Van Nuys, CA) in regards to this. Dealership is denying to complete the alignment. Got in touch with GM in regards to issue and they are stating that they want me to take it back the original dealer. Kind of insane, I think the rep who is working with me is not familiar with the Z06, not surprised. Will keep you guys posted as to how this plays out, so far has been a pretty disappointing appearance by GM after purchasing one of their flagship products. Horrible..
Old 07-21-2018, 02:06 AM
Connman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 146 Likes on 79 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Take the 405 S to Orange... Selman Chevrolet is amazing. They take a lot of pride in their Corvette sales/service reputation.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP! Factory alignment

Quick Reply: HELP! Factory alignment