C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2017 Z06 Launch Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 08:00 AM
salcolkat
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Dufrene
ah come on guys a a little help here. Iv'e turned TC off , Iv'e used very little brake and i'm in race mode the tires start to spin then the computer takes over . iv'e even tried getting the tiers to break lose then apply brakes to keep them spinning. It's like it goes right in launch mode
Was told at Ron Fellows when i went for the track days, hold the traction control button down for 7 seconds and everything is off, traction and stability control. Press it again to turn it back on. Be careful.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:53 AM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeR_Zed06
I went out today and played around a little bit with my Z. I placed the selector into Track mode, pressed button twice, then went into Sport 2. Sport 2 says that active handling is off, which again, it is NOT! I hit it from 60 mph and as usual, the car gets stupid with these colder roads. The computer quickly took over and corrected it. I actually liked it, it controlled wheel spin and before I knew it, I was doing 130+.
That was probably traction control. See *HERE*.

The following users liked this post:
GeorgeR_Zed06 (03-23-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 11:23 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by rbartick
That was probably traction control. See *HERE*.
What I got out of that is that my 2009 ZR1 (which I just sold) was very much like my new Z06 in Race mode. Here is the PNG file from the article; a seeming synopsis without all the semantics:

Since the 2009 ZR1 had no PTM, it leads me to believe that in order to experience the instant gratification of the right pedal that I always found exhilarating, I'm going to have to put it in race mode.

The A8 may also be contributing to my not so great experience. That and the idea that I have not been able to get it out for a real spin due to the weather.

Am I missing something here?
Old 01-24-2019, 12:03 AM
Z06fornow
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Totally agree

Quick Reply: 2017 Z06 Launch Control