C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

*B283C 'Unknown'

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 04:54 PM
dxbtune
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default *B283C 'Unknown'

Anyone ever heard of or seen this code before?

Car: 2016 C7 Z06
Code: B283C
Description: Unknown
Failure Code: 08 - Signal invalid
Old 02-04-2019, 09:19 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

maybe a transmission connector is loose, bad signal
Old 02-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

It means the PDR Camera is sending an invalid signal to the PDR module. Could be due to a problem with the USB cable connecting the two or with the camera. I had the PDR Camera cable get noisy/intermittent which caused interference and broken recorded video and it was replaced under warranty. Mechanic tells me the USB cables and connectors used in this and other camera applications in GM cars have a tendency to fail. He had replaced several in Cadillacs and GMCs before he replaced the one in my Z06. The one in the Z06 supposedly required complete replacement of a large harness that went from the BCM area up behind the dash with the camera cable breaking off to go up to the camera. This required a major disassembly of the interior. He ordered the new harness and cut out the cable and wire tied it to the harness that was already in the car, got the problem fixed and avoided tearing apart the interior.

How did you find this code? It isn't one that would show up on a normal OBD II scanner.

Bill
Old 02-05-2019, 02:17 PM
dxbtune
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
It means the PDR Camera is sending an invalid signal to the PDR module. Could be due to a problem with the USB cable connecting the two or with the camera. I had the PDR Camera cable get noisy/intermittent which caused interference and broken recorded video and it was replaced under warranty. Mechanic tells me the USB cables and connectors used in this and other camera applications in GM cars have a tendency to fail. He had replaced several in Cadillacs and GMCs before he replaced the one in my Z06. The one in the Z06 supposedly required complete replacement of a large harness that went from the BCM area up behind the dash with the camera cable breaking off to go up to the camera. This required a major disassembly of the interior. He ordered the new harness and cut out the cable and wire tied it to the harness that was already in the car, got the problem fixed and avoided tearing apart the interior.

How did you find this code? It isn't one that would show up on a normal OBD II scanner.

Bill
Thanks for the information, Bill.

I brought the car to service and this was one of the codes that the computer had.

Last time I was there (2 weeks ago), I had a B127E code (Front Video Display Output Signal) which may have manifested itself into a B283C...

Get notified of new replies

To *B283C 'Unknown'

Quick Reply: *B283C 'Unknown'