Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License Plate Bracket

Old 02-09-2019, 09:24 AM
creekdeacon

Default License Plate Bracket

I recently purchased a 2015 Z06 from a state that doesn’t require mounting a front license plate. Unfortunately, I live in a state that requires a front plate. My local Chevy dealer tells me that all GM brackets require drilling a hole through the bumper. Is anyone aware of a solution that doesn’t require drilling holes in the car?
Old 02-09-2019, 01:43 PM
ZR1Bob
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by creekdeacon View Post
I recently purchased a 2015 Z06 from a state that doesn’t require mounting a front license plate. Unfortunately, I live in a state that requires a front plate. My local Chevy dealer tells me that all GM brackets require drilling a hole through the bumper. Is anyone aware of a solution that doesn’t require drilling holes in the car?
That information is not correct. A newly purchased C7 comes with two brackets that attach through the front grill. One is fully inside the grill and has a "Corvette" plate on it. The other is officially the license plate bracket and while it attaches through the grill it sits higher probably to satisfy various state laws. Have you looked in the storage compartment in the driver's side rear of the trunk area?It is possible that one or both might be in there. If not they can be ordered from any dealer and are not too expensive. I live i a state that requires front plates and I used the mounting bracket that fits entirely within the grill and bent the plate in the center so it fit the contour of it. (In the picture below it looks a little crooked; I have subsequently adjusted it.) You can find out more by simply Googling "stock C7 Corvette front license plate bracket". Beware that it is easy to break the screw in attachments for it. --Bob

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 02-09-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Cfsteel377

Old 02-11-2019, 03:09 PM
Tally Ho
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL

I have two of the slimmer type new in the wrapper with hardware - $15 each shipped. They are the Z06 part number.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: License Plate Bracket

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: