C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

My supercharger upgrade and build

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
where do they port inject into the 2300? If you havent seen one, no worries, im not trying to put you on the spot...

but if you have seen one, let me know where I can find it, because i have not seen one yet.
they drill into the side of the case and mount the injectors at an angle. I've seen it and think it's not ideal given there is a solid option that doesn't make working on the car any harder and doesn't add an extra controller to the car that can fail.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (03-12-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 02:13 AM
MCK_Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
they drill into the side of the case and mount the injectors at an angle. I've seen it and think it's not ideal given there is a solid option that doesn't make working on the car any harder and doesn't add an extra controller to the car that can fail.
Not to hijack or argure but, I'll throw my opinion in since that's what the Internet is for... lol!
True that having 2 ECU's means you have two potential failure points now vs 1, but any system in the car that is not redundant could potentially fail. IE: HPFP, coils, meth pump, flex sensor, module x/y/z, FP regulator, etc. etc.
I have been running port injection for a year now with zero issues, first on the stock ported blower (so I could do flex-fuel) and now on the 2300.

Everything is monitored from inside the car with gauges and LEDs to make sure its functioning, if secondary fueling fails then I just reset limp mode with my nGauge then drive home on the DI system..... At least that's my plan if it should happen.
My tuner/shop has indicated more than once that working on my car is "easy" and they wished every C7 was this effortless to dial-in fueling wise.

My .02 cents worth of posting this week.

Awesome build & great numbers BTW. Esp. the torque.
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 02:46 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06
Not to hijack or argure but, I'll throw my opinion in since that's what the Internet is for... lol!
True that having 2 ECU's means you have two potential failure points now vs 1, but any system in the car that is not redundant could potentially fail. IE: HPFP, coils, meth pump, flex sensor, module x/y/z, FP regulator, etc. etc.
I have been running port injection for a year now with zero issues, first on the stock ported blower (so I could do flex-fuel) and now on the 2300.

Everything is monitored from inside the car with gauges and LEDs to make sure its functioning, if secondary fueling fails then I just reset limp mode with my nGauge then drive home on the DI system..... At least that's my plan if it should happen.
My tuner/shop has indicated more than once that working on my car is "easy" and they wished every C7 was this effortless to dial-in fueling wise.

Ill search your created threads for photos of your setup, but if you see this before i comment where i find them... then i haven't found them, so photos welcome
Old 03-13-2019, 12:06 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06

an oem hpfp, coils, and flex sensor are going to have a higher chance of running for a long time than an aftermarket ECU. Which controller do you have to run your port injection? if it's some of the lower ones out there I can tell you i've seen more failures with certain brands than i've ever seen any of the items i just listed fail.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:54 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
Hey Joe, great job as usual. Question tho, why not run full e85, tune for it, and then the car is tuned for the full spectrum regardless what a person puts in the tank? Is it because it takes too much fuel and runs the fuel system short of pressure?

Also, a message to all vette owners on this forum, be careful showing off your plates, especially if you have a hot car that you have a lot of money into making a lot of power. Technically they can do this to any vette or any car that is driving down the road that they see the plate on (its a long story), but really hot cars with a lot of money into them are big targets.

The plate allows bad guys to get your full vin, and then they can create a false registration and get the key that will open and start your car from a dealership, and they can also find out where you live etc.

so just be careful, don't want to see anything happen now that you've poured all this money into your car, insurance companies don't pay for what you have into the car unless you have Grundy or some other "name your own value" showcar insurance.
I lived in one of the highest areas for auto theft in the country. If they want it, knowing a plate isnt going to stop them. That's why I have high value insurance. I know you spent a few minutes looking me up and I thank you for taking in interest in my life. I have had my identity stolen and the hassle with that by far supersedes the loss of a car. Anyone who thinks they are immune to crime, theft, or whatever is delusional. I have seen forum members do it to each other and you would think that fellow Corvette guys would be upstanding. Again, thanks for the heads up and taking an interest in looking me up. A simple PM would have been better in making your point on my VIN.

Last edited by AZGASSER; 03-13-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:34 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

its been edited on my end, but your quoted text still has the number in it. So you might want to fix that.

Last 3 causes no damage to anyone. Sorry for not PM'ing you. Im not your enemy, nor am i after your car.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-13-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
bitpilot
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What is the 23% overdrive pully

Originally Posted by AZGASSER
Just sharing the build on my Z that is underway and almost complete. I have been working with Joe Cordes at CPR for a couple years on the evolution of power on my 16 Z. Just like anything in life time and money are often the limiting things with power upgrades. Finally at what I feel will be the last of the power adders for my car. So here is the mods done and some photos to go along with it. Hopefully dyno numbers in the next day or so. I will post those when they get finished. Here is a list of what has been done to the car in completion.

Magnuson 2300 Supercharger
Griptec 70mm upper pulley
ATI/DSX 23% lower overdrive pulley
Katech ported 103mm throttle body
CPR custom fabricated 5” C7Z intake
LME milled LT4 heads
APR head studs and chromoly pushrods
Brian Tooley rockers/trunions
CPR custom grind camshaft 226/244 .635/.614 120 lsa 32% fuel lobe
CPR custom valve covers
DOD kit with VVT lock out
NGK spark plugs
C5R timing chain
American Racing 1 7/8s” Jet Hot Coated headers
Mighty Mouse C7Z wild catch can
CPR custom heat exchanger
Fasterproms expansion tank
DSX ethanol flex fuel system
Alky Control methanol injection system
CPR low side auxiliary fuel pump
All mechanical work done by Cordes Performance Racing, Phoenix AZ

Getting after it. That might be Joe

Heads off

LME ported heads with CPR DOD plate in place

Parts installed. CPR custom 5" intake.
Sorry to revive an old thread , im in search of the dsx 23% overdrive pully for my 16z I can't find anything anywhere there is a 20% and 22% ......

Quick Reply: My supercharger upgrade and build