C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

More bent cracked rim misery plus class action suit

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 10:04 PM
golfbone
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks for this. Great post.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:46 PM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Received 730 Likes on 596 Posts

As we sell Forgelines our view will be one sided so please buy what your comfortable with. Our Forgeline Wheels are built in the USA and have been for 25 yrs and utilize APP forgings so yes those are same forgings as HRE and all the high end wheel manufacturers use. I do several vettes a week and run Forgelines on our C7R. Ill be happy to answer questions and tell you why we believe Forgeline is a top Tier Manufacturer but am not going to criticize anothers product here. So buy whatever works for you and youll be happy. And we take care of our Vette Customers as we know that no one wants to be forced into an added expense after paying for a 100k Vette, its supposed to be an optional mod not a necessary one. With that said we will always give best pricing on the wheels we carry and have been supporting over 10 yrs now on this great forum.

Ill be honest not much can be worse than the stock junk on our vettes and we are working behind the scenes with some others to see if GM and a few other big players realize their mistake and allow us to try and assist, but thats an uphill battle that we are working on and will take some time. As several Ford models already use our wheels as an option for their cars as well as several other OEMs. But nothing is gonna be solved tomorrow.

If I can assist please call/text me at 440-915-6166 anytime.

We use the best T6-6061 available and quality costs money, APP Forgings as anyone can make a forged wheel and we are proud to offer only the products we use on our street and track cars.

https://www.chevyhardcore.com/tech-s...ighter-faster/

If you want reviews please reach out to some of our customers

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...y-at-cw4l.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-purchase.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...anks-cw4l.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ine-ga1rs.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-solution.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...y-at-cw4l.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-to-cw4l.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...new-shoes.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...w4l-gerry.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-to-cw4l.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-z06-pics.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-callaway.html

#1 Forged Wheel Master Distributor for Corvettes Worldwide since 2010
Call/Text 440-915-6166

Forgeline*Anrky*HRE*PUR*Brixton*Vorstein er*Akra*Brembo*IPE and Many More....

REVIEWS: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html

EMAIL: sales@cw4L.com
PHONE 440-915-6166 CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME!!!

Follow us on Instagram @custom_wheels_for_less

Last edited by CW4L; 05-13-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:55 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

As a new Z06 owner this is quite unsettling. I am approaching one year and 2250 miles with no known problems. The car is spectacular and I am thrilled.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:55 PM
ZeeOh6Nut
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by K2XSNOW
Highly suggested to not drive in Track Mode on the street. Just FYI
Ive had same experience and dont drive it track mode ever. Touring mode all the time and 3 bent wheels in 13k miles. Research the number if folks having this issue and consider how cheap wheels plus runflats equal the issue.
11ZR1had 2 bent wheels in 10k miles.
06 Z06 had 0 bent wheels and was sold at 14k miles.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:26 AM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by tertiumquid
For what it's worth my monoblock Signatures from Deity are made in Taiwan and they have been fine. For about $4K, they're a decent alternative and will fix the problem. Give Khoa a call.
AFAIK, bc forged and signature are made in the same plant. Believe it or not, some factories there are better equipped than operations here to make a quality forged wheel
Old 05-13-2019, 06:47 AM
FiftyFiv3
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

Cracked wheel here as well, waiting for replacement to come in from HOW.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Road machine
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by golfbone
I have had 4 Corvettes and own 6 cars. I' ve NEVER had a bent or cracked rim until this Z06 and now have 8 incidents in a few months. I've hit NO potholes, don't drive in track mode and rarely even drive the car. Have only 4K in the last year. There is clearly a problem with these rims. That is why the after market is all over this forum with plugs for Strasse, BC forged, Forgeline, HRE etc. My C7 Z51 never had a bent rim in 30K miles and drove it harder than I drive the Z06 because I trusted it more. This car I don't trust in cold weather, rain, etc. I hit quite a few bad potholes with my C6s and never had an issue. My Z06 I've hit nothing but keep bending rims. Really atrocious.

While I feel your pain, your claim that you hit nothing rings false. You have to hit something to bend the wheel....it doesn't just happen. Perhaps the real issue is that your other cars lull you into a false sense of security....A pot hole or raised bridge joint doesn't have to knock your teeth out to damage a wheel. I have owned many low profile tire cars over the years and I do a very good job of avoiding the bad hits but have still bent plenty of rims. On my wife's cars where she does not do as well at avoiding pot holes we had to replace every single wheel on her Mercedes CLK 550 twice....two full sets of wheels, and they were forged. My son cracked the wheel on his Camaro....but he knew he hit a pot hole and admitted so. I know it is frustrating that your wheels are bending, but your anger at GM is the wrong place to point your anger at.....our roads are getting worse every year and our government does nothing to fix the issues. Our infrastructure is a mess and nothing is being done to solve the problems. But suing GM for any of this is like suing the weather man for a rained out wedding. If I were you I would drive the roads you normally drive and really get to know them. I can tell you where every single pot hole on my daily commute is and how bad it is. Until you can do the same, you will continue to hit the same spots that are damaging your wheels, over and over again.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:54 AM
FiftyFiv3
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Road machine
While I feel your pain, your claim that you hit nothing rings false. You have to hit something to bend the wheel....it doesn't just happen. Perhaps the real issue is that your other cars lull you into a false sense of security....A pot hole or raised bridge joint doesn't have to knock your teeth out to damage a wheel. I have owned many low profile tire cars over the years and I do a very good job of avoiding the bad hits but have still bent plenty of rims. On my wife's cars where she does not do as well at avoiding pot holes we had to replace every single wheel on her Mercedes CLK 550 twice....two full sets of wheels, and they were forged. My son cracked the wheel on his Camaro....but he knew he hit a pot hole and admitted so. I know it is frustrating that your wheels are bending, but your anger at GM is the wrong place to point your anger at.....our roads are getting worse every year and our government does nothing to fix the issues. Our infrastructure is a mess and nothing is being done to solve the problems. But suing GM for any of this is like suing the weather man for a rained out wedding. If I were you I would drive the roads you normally drive and really get to know them. I can tell you where every single pot hole on my daily commute is and how bad it is. Until you can do the same, you will continue to hit the same spots that are damaging your wheels, over and over again.
I've owned many sports scars with low profile tires and never had such an issue and I am very careful with dodging potholes, etc. These wheels are just exceptionally week.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Road machine
Safety Car

I would really like to know how many of those with bent wheels have vision problems. It would of course have to be completely voluntary, but I would give good odds that those who bend wheels can't see the roads well enough to avoid pot holes or don't look far enough ahead. It makes sense as the age of ownership has been rising. I have perfect 20/20 vision and always look as far ahead as I possibly can for any issue that may come up (including road hazards). I was "lucky" to have gotten a lot of speeding tickets when I was first starting to drive, and a program that existed in my day was a course that you could take to drive better, and it meant a reduction of points if you passed. It was run by State troopers that had been trained for high performance driving, and they passed on some great information. I guess that in those days they figured they weren't going to slow you down so they might as well teach you to be safer driving fast. One big thing they taught that has been reinforced in every high performance driving school I have attended is that the further ahead you can look the safer you will be. You will not have to react suddenly, as you can take hints from cars ahead that an issue is coming up. Many bring up the issue that if you are concentrating far ahead, the guy right in front of you can do something stupid, and that is always countered that your eyes will pick up something like that when looking far ahead, but you cannot see far ahead if you are not looking far ahead. My motor head friends and I always had a saying that we liked....don't ban high performance cars, ban low performance drivers. Not looking as far ahead as you can and planning your moves based on what is happening far ahead is low performance driving, and if you are driving a car with low profile tires and wide wheels...well your gonna bend ****.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:06 AM
Road machine
Safety Car

Originally Posted by FiftyFiv3
I've owned many sports scars with low profile tires and never had such an issue and I am very careful with dodging potholes, etc. These wheels are just exceptionally week.
What did you own?? My business neighbor for years was a used car dealer selling high end sports cars.....he had a wheel guy on speed dial that would be at his shop three days a week. Every single high performance car had bent wheel issues, all the time. The worst were Ferrarri's and Lamborgini's, because of the cost of the replacements. This is nothing new, not rare, and not only occurring on Corvettes. Open your eyes and stop feeling like your mistakes should be covered by someone else all the time, and you will enjoy life more.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:09 AM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

I am throwing the BS flag on this post. You are accusing the OP of lying. Than you can accuse me of lying too. My '19 M7 Z is the tenth corvette I have owned and the ONLY ONE I HAVE EVER HAD WHEEL PROBLEMS WITH. So nine prior Corvettes including all years and models such as a '63 Split Window I restored, a '69 Vert, 3 C4's including a ZR-1, C5 Z06, C6 Z06s and a C6 ZR1 - and ZERO stock wheel failures. I might add that five of those previous cars were tracked often and hard.

The '19 M7 Z06 was purchased last Sept and I believe that it is the best of the FE Z06's with most of all of the early C7 Z06 problems resolved - including several improvements for '19. And I was hoping for the wheels issue to have also been quietly resolved, but no. Two bent wheels, after two track outings and less than 2000 miles on the car. Also, I don't drive in track mode on the street, and did not even use track mode on the track outings, just Sport mode as I wanted to ease back into some track time after an extended absence.

So I say on anyone who is accusing the OP or me of "lying." Back at you Bro... And I live in north central Florida where the roads are much higher quality that where we lived up North until August of '17. There is a problem with running 19 and 20 inch diameter crap forged wheels in conjunction with stiffer sidewall run flat tires on C7 Z06's.

Now there are 3 cars in my household. My '16 Audi SQ5 Black Edition runs 20 inch factory aluminum wheels on non run flat tires. I have had zero problems with wheels after putting 24k miles on that car. I have no idea if the Audi wheels (which are gorgeous) are cast, spun, or forged - but zero problems.

My wife's '19 Mercedes 300 GLC also runs 19" aluminum wheels on run flat tires with no problems to-date after putting around 2500 miles on it.

The number of posts re wheel failures on this forum (which is clearly used by only a fraction of total Z06 and GS owners) clearly indicates that a significant number of wheel failures (defined as bent and or bent and leaking air wheels) have been reported. The Car & Driver GS test previously posted documents an embarrassing number of wheels failures...or maybe the magazine is lying too?

Please remove your head from whatever dark place it appears to be residing and/or please stop accusing the scores of people on this forum that have reported wheel problems. Distorting reality does not make reality go away.

As for me, when the private deal that I stumbled upon to score some excellent forged wheels comes to fruition and when I have time from my business to make the swap, it will be done. Until then, the Z stays in the garage because it frankly pisses me off too much to drive a $90k car anywhere it vibrates almost as much as a partially discharged sexual toy...
The following 3 users liked this post by NineVettes:
need-for-speed (05-13-2019), rdgbuccaneer (05-13-2019), tertiumquid (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 11:31 AM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,381 Likes on 796 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

I never read of wheels bending and breaking on the C6's, maybe it happened but it's reported here almost weekly. Potholes have always been with us. Whether it's the wheel width or the suspension they are too weak for the application and I'm sure GM is aware of it but like the LS7 valve train problem they will mostly ignore it.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:34 AM
Road machine
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NineVettes
I am throwing the BS flag on this post. You are accusing the OP of lying. Than you can accuse me of lying too. My '19 M7 Z is the tenth corvette I have owned and the ONLY ONE I HAVE EVER HAD WHEEL PROBLEMS WITH. So nine prior Corvettes including all years and models such as a '63 Split Window I restored, a '69 Vert, 3 C4's including a ZR-1, C5 Z06, C6 Z06s and a C6 ZR1 - and ZERO stock wheel failures. I might add that five of those previous cars were tracked often and hard.

The '19 M7 Z06 was purchased last Sept and I believe that it is the best of the FE Z06's with most of all of the early C7 Z06 problems resolved - including several improvements for '19. And I was hoping for the wheels issue to have also been quietly resolved, but no. Two bent wheels, after two track outings and less than 2000 miles on the car. Also, I don't drive in track mode on the street, and did not even use track mode on the track outings, just Sport mode as I wanted to ease back into some track time after an extended absence.

So I say on anyone who is accusing the OP or me of "lying." Back at you Bro... And I live in north central Florida where the roads are much higher quality that where we lived up North until August of '17. There is a problem with running 19 and 20 inch diameter crap forged wheels in conjunction with stiffer sidewall run flat tires on C7 Z06's.

Now there are 3 cars in my household. My '16 Audi SQ5 Black Edition runs 20 inch factory aluminum wheels on non run flat tires. I have had zero problems with wheels after putting 24k miles on that car. I have no idea if the Audi wheels (which are gorgeous) are cast, spun, or forged - but zero problems.

My wife's '19 Mercedes 300 GLC also runs 19" aluminum wheels on run flat tires with no problems to-date after putting around 2500 miles on it.

The number of posts re wheel failures on this forum (which is clearly used by only a fraction of total Z06 and GS owners) clearly indicates that a significant number of wheel failures (defined as bent and or bent and leaking air wheels) have been reported. The Car & Driver GS test previously posted documents an embarrassing number of wheels failures...or maybe the magazine is lying too?

Please remove your head from whatever dark place it appears to be residing and/or please stop accusing the scores of people on this forum that have reported wheel problems. Distorting reality does not make reality go away.

As for me, when the private deal that I stumbled upon to score some excellent forged wheels comes to fruition and when I have time from my business to make the swap, it will be done. Until then, the Z stays in the garage because it frankly pisses me off too much to drive a $90k car anywhere it vibrates almost as much as a partially discharged sexual toy...
If you are also claiming you hit nothing and your wheels spontaneously bent then yes you are lying too.....and probably to yourself as well. Wheels don't just bend spontaneously. They bend when you hit something that causes them to bend. The other cars you own do not have nearly as wide a tire as the Z06, and that width adds to the possibility of bending wheels. Sorry you don't understand physics, and I would bet that in a year or so you will bend any forged wheel you buy as well, as many high end sports cars have forged wheels and bend them too. I have 2500 miles on my Z06 on horrible NJ roads and have not bent a wheel yet, but if I do you can count on one thing.....I will not cry and blame my mistake on GM....and demand that they warranty something that no other car maker warrantys....road hazard damage.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Road machine
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BearZ06
I never read of wheels bending and breaking on the C6's, maybe it happened but it's reported here almost weekly. Potholes have always been with us. Whether it's the wheel width or the suspension they are too weak for the application and I'm sure GM is aware of it but like the LS7 valve train problem they will mostly ignore it.
I also had a C6 Z06 and never had the valve issue either.....But I also never revved the engine high until the oil was up to temp. Had 21k miles on it when I traded it and had the valves checked a couple months before trading it in and the play was well within tolerance....worst was .003 TIR. But if you actually google Bent wheels on C6 there are plenty of them there as well. Wheels do not bend without hitting something, and if you hit something hard enough any wheel will bend.

Last edited by Road machine; 05-13-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:39 PM
golfbone
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts

If you are also claiming you hit nothing and your wheels spontaneously bent then yes you are lying too.....and probably to yourself as well. Wheels don't just bend spontaneously. They bend when you hit something that causes them to bend. The other cars you own do not have nearly as wide a tire as the Z06, and that width adds to the possibility of bending wheels. Sorry you don't understand physics, and I would bet that in a year or so you will bend any forged wheel you buy as well, as many high end sports cars have forged wheels and bend them too. I have 2500 miles on my Z06 on horrible NJ roads and have not bent a wheel yet, but if I do you can count on one thing.....I will not cry and blame my mistake on GM....and demand that they warranty something that no other car maker warrantys....road hazard damage.
First if all I've hit NO potholes.....NOTHING. I had 3 bent rims fixed and 100 miles later have 3 more. NO potholes....NOTHING. So get that through your skull. Many in the same both I'm in and I don't appreciate being called a liar. I have insurance on the wheels so I could drive over a moon hole and still it would be covered.....doesn't matter. Covered. Issue is that I've hit NOTHING ....no pot hole nothing. These rims are bending with normal driving on roads in good shape with just the usual bumps and expansion joints etc. Somebody mentioned something about vision and I happen to be an eye surgeon .....quite well known .....and while I may have poor hearing my vision is better than 20/20 in each eye and not an issue. This is my fourth Vette and the first with a bent rim. So show some respect please and avoid accusations and name calling and that would be well appreciated.
The following 3 users liked this post by golfbone:
FiftyFiv3 (05-13-2019), need-for-speed (05-14-2019), tertiumquid (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 12:53 PM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

Yes, everyone here reporting bent wheels is lying...give me a an f'n break. My wheel failures are obviously the direct result of my track outings, and are both on the drivers side where I tend to cut slightly closer apexes on the track corners like I have done for over 30 years. As you may know, track corners have slightly raised pavement on the corners and it is NORMAL to travel over part of it when cornering - again, as I have done with all my previous Vettes - never with any wheel problems.

Interesting that now, without knowing what I do for a living, or my educational level, you feel it necessary to add further delusional base assumptions to your previous allegations of my lying. How special it must be for you to look in the mirror every day and congratulate yourself upon what a superior being you are. You kind of remind me of the cartoonish self-absorbed fool who "can choose any car in the lane I want because I am in control" guy. He is funny, while you are just sad.

And why I am going to "in a year or two bend any forged wheels I am going to buy" is yet another just stupid observation when I previously told you I have put a combined 26K miles on two other of our current vehicles with aluminum wheels ( one of them with run flats) with zero problems. Oh, and prior to all the previous 9 Corvettes with ZERO wheel problems, and the DD Acura MDX also with aluminum wheels (which I owned prior to the SQ5) that I drove for over over 60k miles while living up North - with zero wheel issues, yeah I am bending those wheels right and left.

I am not "crying and trying to blame my mistake on GM," although if they had any sense of corporate responsibility they would have done something by now because there is no way they do not know this is an issue, just as the Car & Driver test so clearly documented. I have made my private deal as previously stated. But it is all about the corporate bottom line, o clueless one. And undoubtedly, like any and most all other corporations, the green eyeshade accountants have run the numbers, the lawyers have been consulted and the corporation has seen the math and legal results and acted accordingly. Just business, not personal to GM and every other large corporation.

It is no secret that GM has sourced these wheels to different vendors in different countries following the usual corporate lowest bidder to specs route. I suspect that a lack of periodic quality testing and/or monitoring of consistency of production quality may have resulted in some wheel batches meeting the specs where other batches have fallen below them. This would not be the first time this has occurred for a mass produced bidder item, and it won't be the last - for either GM, or many other manufacturers.

My Father always taught his sons that ignorance can be cured, idiocy cannot. Since you are in the latter group, you have my condolences.... In any case, lunch is over, I have a business to run, and I have no more time to respond to your nonsensical posts.

Please continue to "choose any car in your lane and stay in control." Sheesh...
The following users liked this post:
need-for-speed (05-14-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Road machine
Safety Car

Originally Posted by golfbone
First if all I've hit NO potholes.....NOTHING. I had 3 bent rims fixed and 100 miles later have 3 more. NO potholes....NOTHING. So get that through your skull. Many in the same both I'm in and I don't appreciate being called a liar. I have insurance on the wheels so I could drive over a moon hole and still it would be covered.....doesn't matter. Covered. Issue is that I've hit NOTHING ....no pot hole nothing. These rims are bending with normal driving on roads in good shape with just the usual bumps and expansion joints etc. Somebody mentioned something about vision and I happen to be an eye surgeon .....quite well known .....and while I may have poor hearing my vision is better than 20/20 in each eye and not an issue. This is my fourth Vette and the first with a bent rim. So show some respect please and avoid accusations and name calling and that would be well appreciated.
First of all if you hit nothing the wheels would not bend.....second of all the usual bumps and expansion joints are not nothing....they are what is bending your wheels. Pot holes are not even the worst thing you can hit since the tires on the corvette are so wide that they can roll right over pot holes that would swallow a narrower tire. The worst things to hit are raised expansion joints as they are a perfectly straight shot across the whole wheel. If one is high enough it will definitely bend or crack a wheel. I am glad to hear that your vision is good now look way down the road instead of at the bumper of the guy right in front of you.....you see those cars jumping up at that bridge expansion joint....slow down before you hit it. Now just to be clear I didn't called anyone a liar but qualified it by saying that if you claim you never hit anything and claim to have bent a wheel then you are a liar. You admit that you hit things so obviously you are not a liar....you just don't realize that what you are hitting is considered a road hazard to something like a Corvette Z06 or a Ferrari or Lambo. What happened or didn't happen in a different car at a different time does not change the fact that you are hitting something that bends your wheels. The sooner you understand what those things are or can be the sooner you will stop bending wheels. I am sorry if you take offense, but as I am sure a quite well known eye surgeon, such as yourself, must know the laws of physics are not suggestions they are fact and the fact is that if you hit something hard enough, it will go past elastic deformation and move into the area of plastic deformation. So I would suggest that rather than threaten people and getting angry you learn what might be bending your wheels so you can avoid hitting those things.

Get notified of new replies

To More bent cracked rim misery plus class action suit

Old 05-13-2019, 04:17 PM
rdgbuccaneer
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had 3 bent wheels on a Grandsport. Never in track mode, never on the track. At 5k picked up a vibration and was told of the bent wheels. This is my 3rd Corvette. Never had any wheel issues on any of my cars and at 65 I had a bunch. Using " Smart Driver "as a clutch … I got my wheels replaced. Now I don't drive the car!
This wheel thing has me quite pissed off! As a blue collar worker I worked a lot of hard overtime to buy that 84K car! I be damed if I going t spend 8K on wheels, I will trade the none drivable pice of **** on a RAM!
Just think....we now have a auto that lost value because of poor engineering....to drive it we need to invest 8K for non factory wheels or keep the wheels and get penalized because they are factory "JUNK" wheels.....what Bull ****!

Thanks GM for ruining the "Corvette" experience, you all deserved to be fired!
The following users liked this post:
SilverGhost (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 05:03 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by BearZ06
Totally agree. The wheels they designed for the car should handle pot holes, expansion joints etc. I have hit pot holes so big in Memphis that it bubbled the tire so bad I was lucky to get home. Tire was destroyed, wheel was just fine. Anyone that say's you should't be surprised if you crack a wheel hitting a bridge expansion joint, well, that's just ridiculous.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:03 PM
Road machine
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NineVettes
Yes, everyone here reporting bent wheels is lying...give me a an f'n break. My wheel failures are obviously the direct result of my track outings, and are both on the drivers side where I tend to cut slightly closer apexes on the track corners like I have done for over 30 years. As you may know, track corners have slightly raised pavement on the corners and it is NORMAL to travel over part of it when cornering - again, as I have done with all my previous Vettes - never with any wheel problems.

Interesting that now, without knowing what I do for a living, or my educational level, you feel it necessary to add further delusional base assumptions to your previous allegations of my lying. How special it must be for you to look in the mirror every day and congratulate yourself upon what a superior being you are. You kind of remind me of the cartoonish self-absorbed fool who "can choose any car in the lane I want because I am in control" guy. He is funny, while you are just sad.

And why I am going to "in a year or two bend any forged wheels I am going to buy" is yet another just stupid observation when I previously told you I have put a combined 26K miles on two other of our current vehicles with aluminum wheels ( one of them with run flats) with zero problems. Oh, and prior to all the previous 9 Corvettes with ZERO wheel problems, and the DD Acura MDX also with aluminum wheels (which I owned prior to the SQ5) that I drove for over over 60k miles while living up North - with zero wheel issues, yeah I am bending those wheels right and left.

I am not "crying and trying to blame my mistake on GM," although if they had any sense of corporate responsibility they would have done something by now because there is no way they do not know this is an issue, just as the Car & Driver test so clearly documented. I have made my private deal as previously stated. But it is all about the corporate bottom line, o clueless one. And undoubtedly, like any and most all other corporations, the green eyeshade accountants have run the numbers, the lawyers have been consulted and the corporation has seen the math and legal results and acted accordingly. Just business, not personal to GM and every other large corporation.

It is no secret that GM has sourced these wheels to different vendors in different countries following the usual corporate lowest bidder to specs route. I suspect that a lack of periodic quality testing and/or monitoring of consistency of production quality may have resulted in some wheel batches meeting the specs where other batches have fallen below them. This would not be the first time this has occurred for a mass produced bidder item, and it won't be the last - for either GM, or many other manufacturers.

My Father always taught his sons that ignorance can be cured, idiocy cannot. Since you are in the latter group, you have my condolences.... In any case, lunch is over, I have a business to run, and I have no more time to respond to your nonsensical posts.

Please continue to "choose any car in your lane and stay in control." Sheesh...
I guess your problem is in reading comprehension. I never called anyone a liar, unless they are claiming that they never hit anything but their wheels bent. That would suggest that as the car is rolling along on a perfect flat smooth road the wheels suddenly and all by itself bends somewhere. That is what is impossible. Now if people say hey I just hit the usual bumps and expansion joints that do no damage to my other cars, then you would be admitting that you are hitting things, just things you don't consider to be road hazards. The problem is that what is a road hazard to one vehicle may not be to another and visa versa. A vehicle that has a very high profile tire has that for a reason, and that reason is to absorb bumps and give a more comfortable ride. But as in all engineering every thing related to engineering is a compromise. What makes a tire absorb bumps also allows the wheel to deform in hard cornering, thus making handling squishier as well. When the Corvette (or any other high performance car) owner demands better handling and higher cornering speeds the engineers make a compromise in another direction, making the wheel profile much lower, thus eliminating, to the greatest extent possible, the side deformation during cornering, but the compromise is that you get almost no absorption of bumps, and the ride is harsher. This is the compromise that most sports cars make, and another of the draw backs to this is that the same absorption that makes the ride smoother also protects the wheel against bending.
Now what you are saying is that GM used sub par wheel suppliers, and that is what is causing the bending. Now that would indeed be truly stupid of GM as that would be pissing off their customer without going back to the manufacturer for a wheel that is not within their specifications. As a manufacturer I know something about contracting for major companies like GM and Boeing and companies like that. They have all sorts of traceability requirements as well as testing requirements. I am sure that GM would require a certain aluminum alloy, that that alloy be heat treated to a certain spec. And that the wheel pass a quality control inspection with traceable data that they can point to in case of any failures. If the wheels were failing, they would know exactly what batch was failing, who made that batch and they would demand replacement which would be passed on to people who bent their wheels. So they have control over manufacturing, what they don't have control over is the nut behind the wheel. I see all sorts of stupidity from Corvette owners ( I also see it from Mustang and every other manufacturer owners) I have seen guys get into their corvettes that have been sitting all day, (so obviously cold), start up the car and do a smoking burnout and bouncing off the rev limiter. Is that smart in your book???? You would probably say sure....and you would be wrong. Those are the guys who complained about the valve issues on the LS7. I never had that issue because I never reved my engine above 3k until the oil was at temp. Now that didn't stop people from saying this was a bad GM vendor or a bad GM design even though 90% of the cars never had the issue. But it did have the affect of reducing the value of those cars, and it was due to the stupidity of those guys who think that you can do anything to a car the second you start it....just like the guys who think that a $90k car with very low profile tires should never bend a wheel, when they are hitting things like expansion joints and bumps that may not harm their SUV, but sure will do damage to their Corvette.

Now too bad you never learned any lessons from your dad....he sounds like a smart guy....obviously not someone who would accuse someone of calling others a liar when simple common sense tells you that what they are claiming is impossible. So get back to flipping your burgers, and I will get back to making high tech aerospace parts.

Quick Reply: More bent cracked rim misery plus class action suit