C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

HERE is how much difference a DSC controller makes..

Old 06-04-2019, 06:14 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Received 624 Likes on 384 Posts
Default HERE is how much difference a DSC controller makes..

I've heard the question often... "Should I do the MRC update or the DSC controller?" well... I did the DSC, I explain why in the video, but between their alignment and the fact that I would KNOW without a doubt that it's been installed, it was a no brainer for me. If any of you are curious about the same take a look at the video. I'll be posting up more information about this as I spend more time with it!

Last edited by HorsePowerObsessed; 06-04-2019 at 06:18 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by HorsePowerObsessed:
bhk2 (06-26-2019), bringe (06-04-2019), cowboy casey (06-28-2019), edster75 (06-09-2019), RedBaroness (06-04-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 08:15 PM
howdigethere
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

do you have the z07 package?
i find that my dsc controller i set to waaaaaaay too soft. i need to stiffen it up in each mode. it feels like im riding on dead shocks
Old 06-04-2019, 08:19 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Originally Posted by howdigethere
do you have the z07 package?
i find that my dsc controller i set to waaaaaaay too soft. i need to stiffen it up in each mode. it feels like im riding on dead shocks
I do have the Z07 package. You can work with the guys down there to get it stiffened up. If you're local they'll do it for you if you stop by.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:28 PM
howdigethere
Racer

Yep I had them install it and do an alignment on it as well
Old 06-04-2019, 08:31 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Yep I had them install it and do an alignment on it as well
Interesting. Have you tried adjusting the settings at all? Or working with them to get a new calibration? I know they will stiffen it up for you if requested.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:33 PM
howdigethere
Racer

Unfortunately their program only works on a PC, but I have a Mac. I will probably end up seeing them sometime this month to have them stiffen it up quite a bit
Old 06-04-2019, 08:36 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Unfortunately their program only works on a PC, but I have a Mac. I will probably end up seeing them sometime this month to have them stiffen it up quite a bit
Oh ok, cool. Let me know how it goes. How do you like the setup otherwise? I'm not sure if you watched the video but my alignment was way out of whack so that by itself made a huge difference for me.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:49 PM
howdigethere
Racer

I absolutely love the guys over at TPC, they worked on both my 911 Turbo has in the past. Although it’s no fault of their own, I have been getting those random service suspension light errors every single day of driving the car. Super annoying, they sent me a new unit and I still have the same issue so I’m going to bring the car back to them to see if we can do something about it
Old 06-04-2019, 08:58 PM
CaddyRacer
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 76 Posts

I have not pulled the trigger on DSC controller
I have NOT felt the ride quality (I would like to see the difference on street and on track)
I know one DFW track rat who said that "the DSC unit needs to be programmed per car & per track, so you need to learn how to program it"

I did do the MRC update on my 2017 Z06 when I found out GM attained 2:39.77 @ VIR. GM video proof:
Here's Fastestlap times at VIR: https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virgi...e-post-01-2014
........Ford GT @ 2:43.00
Old 06-04-2019, 09:04 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

I absolutely love the guys over at TPC, they worked on both my 911 Turbo has in the past. Although it’s no fault of their own, I have been getting those random service suspension light errors every single day of driving the car. Super annoying, they sent me a new unit and I still have the same issue so I’m going to bring the car back to them to see if we can do something about it
Are the suspension light errors related to the controller? I haven't seen anything like that, in the 2 days I've had it at least.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:07 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Originally Posted by CaddyRacer
I have not pulled the trigger on DSC controller
I have NOT felt the ride quality (I would like to see the difference on street and on track)
I know one DFW track rat who said that "the DSC unit needs to be programmed per car & per track, so you need to learn how to program it"

I did do the MRC update on my 2017 Z06 when I found out GM attained 2:39.77 @ VIR. GM video proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq0cvWZkv5I&t=31s
Here's Fastestlap times at VIR: https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virgi...e-post-01-2014
........Ford GT @ 2:43.00
The owner has a C7 ZR1 with the DSC controller in it which he uses on the track WITH the same settings you can get off of their website. He is also what you may call a "track rat" with a lot of time spent at various tracks. It's hard to put into words but on the street my car feels softer yet more stable in the turns. I think they really are on to something, if you are even thinking about it you may want to at least speak with them. I have a 12 minute interview with the owner that I recorded while I was there and he goes into greater detail about this unit and what it is capable of that will be edited shortly if you're interested.
The following users liked this post:
db2xpert (06-05-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 01:40 AM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by JAYNO20
The owner has a C7 ZR1 with the DSC controller in it which he uses on the track WITH the same settings you can get off of their website. He is also what you may call a "track rat" with a lot of time spent at various tracks. It's hard to put into words but on the street my car feels softer yet more stable in the turns. I think they really are on to something, if you are even thinking about it you may want to at least speak with them. I have a 12 minute interview with the owner that I recorded while I was there and he goes into greater detail about this unit and what it is capable of that will be edited shortly if you're interested.
Installed on my '16 Z06 a couple of days ago. It is much softer on crappy road surfaces in Tour -- and I think more compliant in turns, and seems like faster turn in.
Sport and track also much better -- IMO. Just some twisty mtn roads, not on a track yet.

Big caveat -- you do need the serial cable connection to do anything serious with it, including zero the ride height setting.
WiFi does hook up but only for browsing and download -- spoke with their tech, Jeremy, today -- excellent support.

Wish they had info on their site noting you need the cable connection, now have to get into the fender again to run the cable.
Don't know yet if I'll keep it in the engine compartment, or try running it into the cabin.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:24 AM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Originally Posted by db2xpert
Installed on my '16 Z06 a couple of days ago. It is much softer on crappy road surfaces in Tour -- and I think more compliant in turns, and seems like faster turn in.
Sport and track also much better -- IMO. Just some twisty mtn roads, not on a track yet.

Big caveat -- you do need the serial cable connection to do anything serious with it, including zero the ride height setting.
WiFi does hook up but only for browsing and download -- spoke with their tech, Jeremy, today -- excellent support.

Wish they had info on their site noting you need the cable connection, now have to get into the fender again to run the cable.
Don't know yet if I'll keep it in the engine compartment, or try running it into the cabin.
They really do seem to know their stuff. I will likely leave mine in the engine bay if I ever feel the need to change any of the parameters.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:20 AM
howdigethere
Racer

ide love to see that 12 min video. the guys at tpc are awesome and they really know their stuff.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:18 AM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

ide love to see that 12 min video. the guys at tpc are awesome and they really know their stuff.
I will be sharing it once I get it edited. 👍
Old 06-05-2019, 11:31 AM
corbin7
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The video mentioned that this is just "a little more than a gm alignment and MRC upgrade"... I don't know what your bank account looks like but $1499 vs $350 is not inconsequential.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:56 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

I did this on my fe4 z51. Not worth it one bit. # for # I gained maybe .1 or .2 seconds per lap. TERRIBLE on the street. I didn't pay 1300 to spend hours tuning it myself with the promise that the stock tunes work well.

For my z07 I am doing gm mag ride update.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 06-05-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To HERE is how much difference a DSC controller makes..

Old 06-05-2019, 11:58 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by JAYNO20
I've heard the question often... "Should I do the MRC update or the DSC controller?" well... I did the DSC, I explain why in the video, but between their alignment and the fact that I would KNOW without a doubt that it's been installed, it was a no brainer for me. If any of you are curious about the same take a look at the video. I'll be posting up more information about this as I spend more time with it!

https://youtu.be/qjdt4O4JCiE
I can't listen while at work but did you take it to he track? Do you have measurable improvements that make it better over the mag ride update from gm? Likely the answer is no.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:07 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Originally Posted by corbin7
The video mentioned that this is just "a little more than a gm alignment and MRC upgrade"... I don't know what your bank account looks like but $1499 vs $350 is not inconsequential.

The controller is 1290.00 on their site and can be had even cheaper here on the forums. In my experience it's worth every penny.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:10 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
I can't listen while at work but did you take it to he track? Do you have measurable improvements that make it better over the mag ride update from gm? Likely the answer is no.
The single biggest measurable improvement is that I can visually SEE that it was done. Too much guessing work with the GM update. You pay them but did they actually flash it? There are a few threads on this very forum that suggest the difference is so slight that you can't even know for sure if GM flashed it after giving them 350.00. With how badly they messed up my alignment I'm not about to trust them with something like that.

I didn't take it to the track, no, but the owner, Mike, has with his ZR1. He knows more than enough about track racing that I'm pretty confident the controller is doing what it needs to. The settings on the site and on my controller are the same he uses on the track.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HERE is how much difference a DSC controller makes..