C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 07:41 PM
martybmw
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Transmission Problem

I have a 2016 Z06 LT3 with the automatic transmission and a coupe of day ago noticed when coming to a stop it would shift to 1st gear with a noticeable bang that you could hear and feel. Does it 9 out of ten times and when you have it in 1st great in manual and come to a stop no problem.
At the dealer now and the good news is that agree something is wrong and they are diagnosing the problem. I guess you could say the timing is good as the warranty expires in about 2 weeks. The car has about 25K on it and other than some sensors for the CF brakes needing to be replaced a couple times the only other issues have been the squeaks from the dash and roof which they keep going after, overall very really happy with this car. Anybody else have this issue and if so what was the issue?

thanks
Old 07-11-2019, 07:43 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,206 Likes on 2,148 Posts

Your powertrain is good until 2021, same month of purchase date dude.

Powertrain covers engine and trans.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:18 PM
martybmw
Instructor

Thanks forgot about the 5 year 50,000 powertrain coverage!
Old 07-11-2019, 11:13 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 640 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by martybmw
I have a 2016 Z06 LT3 with the automatic transmission and a coupe of day ago noticed when coming to a stop it would shift to 1st gear with a noticeable bang that you could hear and feel. Does it 9 out of ten times and when you have it in 1st great in manual and come to a stop no problem.
At the dealer now and the good news is that agree something is wrong and they are diagnosing the problem. I guess you could say the timing is good as the warranty expires in about 2 weeks. The car has about 25K on it and other than some sensors for the CF brakes needing to be replaced a couple times the only other issues have been the squeaks from the dash and roof which they keep going after, overall very really happy with this car. Anybody else have this issue and if so what was the issue?

thanks
Have the dealer flush the transmission & torque converter and then do a re-flash of the txmission programming. I had the exact problem and that took care of it.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:51 PM
martybmw
Instructor

Problem resolved there was a Bulletin, # 16-NA-019 and a PI, PIP5437B basically a software download car now shifts like new.

Get notified of new replies

To Transmission Problem

Quick Reply: Transmission Problem