C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Cracked Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 09:54 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Default Z06

Originally Posted by tertiumquid
It's optional coverage in a lot of states like Georgia but it's a cheap premium and well worth it.
Copy that. Thanks for your response.
Old 05-11-2024, 10:35 AM
gint
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Windshield Stress Cracks

• Replaced my windshield on 2016 Z51at Safelite this week. They did a great job. I concur with others that this seems to be a manufacturing defect associated with the pin placement holes. The hole in upper left side is smaller. They had to cut the pin off to get the old windshield out. The pressure on that pin can eventually cause the windshield to crack from the inside. See pictures. The replacement windshield does not use the placement pins as it is set by hand, not a robot. Would love to get GM to cover my deductible if any one has a contact at GM. This is not an uncommon problem but no bulletin was ever issued according to the dealers I spoke to.

Old 05-15-2024, 08:10 PM
Jet Stream Blue Z06
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I had to replace my windshield a few years ago and Safelite did it. I have another crack on the upper right side. It's been there for a couple of years. I'll probably get it replaced soon.

Quick Reply: Cracked Windshield