C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

How loud is the Corsa Xtreme?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 08:57 AM
speed4tu
Drifting

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by DyLivn
Granted this is not apples to apples comparison by any stretch because you have cam and catless headers, but that is my concern. $3,000 is a lot to spend if I can go with an X pipe and otherwise stock system and get nearly the same sound level.

If the Corsa Xtreme (on an otherwise stock car) is considerably louder then I’ll pull the trigger. Seems the answers varies depending on the person, which tells me the sound difference is not that significant.
Definitely understand your point. I mainly got the system because i wanted the black tips. The tone is different and on WOT may be a bit louder. Otherwise as you said, for the price its not going to be a massive difference.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:58 AM
speed4tu
Drifting

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Shokwav
you don’t think it’s terribly loud because you’re used to it and you like the sound. I haven’t heard your car but I’m sure I would like the sound as well

in reality your car is louder than just about everything else on the road. The average person would think you were driving a nascar on the street. A cammed vette with careless headers is LOUD.
OP really needs to hear the setup in person before forking over that much cash, at least in my opinion.
You are onto something here for sure. lol
The following users liked this post:
Shokwav (05-13-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 09:11 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 215 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvetteexhaustsystems
AWE track will produce tremendous drone at cruising speeds. And that's the problem for many. The Touring has mufflers to help reduce the drone and would be the better option from AWE if drone is a concern.
LISTEN to this MAN! I have headers, had Magnuflow catback, the drone was TERRABLE! to loud, could not here my stereo, phone calls, NOTHING! Bought the Corsa extreme catback....HOLLY ****! sound was awesome....Mean, aggressive, perfect! IF I WANTED IT TO BE! But NO drone! Quite in the car at crusing speeds. But if I want to wake up the WHOLE world, hit the gas....... Awesome sound, without drone!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: How loud is the Corsa Xtreme?