C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Only Black interior available on 1ZR

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 09:41 AM
Matt@VanBortelChevy
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 175 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Only Black interior available on 1ZR

Not sure if others have noticed, but I was just playing around with ZR1 builds and noticed that you can only order black interior or black interior with suede seat inserts with the 1ZR package. If you want a different color interior you have to get a 3ZR. Not quite sure the reasoning, but just wanted to share that as you are thinking about how you want to order your ZR1

Old 12-19-2017, 12:02 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@VanBortelChevy
Not sure if others have noticed, but I was just playing around with ZR1 builds and noticed that you can only order black interior or black interior with suede seat inserts with the 1ZR package. If you want a different color interior you have to get a 3ZR. Not quite sure the reasoning, but just wanted to share that as you are thinking about how you want to order your ZR1

2 words....profit margin....
Old 12-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythird1
2 words....profit margin....
Funny on 1LT or 1LZ in other models, you can get Red or Gray in addition to Black. Guess GM really wants these ZR1's all equipped with the $10,000 3ZR option. I am sure most will go that route anyway!
Old 12-19-2017, 02:55 PM
mikelj
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,391 Likes on 683 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

Is there an online "build and price" available now from the Chevrolet website? My dealer said they would not be up and running for weeks, and I can't find it.

Last edited by mikelj; 12-19-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:04 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427
Funny on 1LT or 1LZ in other models, you can get Red or Gray in addition to Black. Guess GM really wants these ZR1's all equipped with the $10,000 3ZR option. I am sure most will go that route anyway!
I thought about going 1ZR on mine, but honestly, when you are spending this much already, it's hard not to option 3ZR. I also figure I'd spend the $1800 on PDR/Nav anyway, plus I really like the carbon wheel and dash which would be at least $2200 from GM or a vendor like Apsis. So now I'm left at $6000 for stuff that I don't really need in a ZR1, but will be nice to have (headliner is sweet). Plus you've gotta think about resale.

Originally Posted by mikelj
Is there an online "build and price" available now from the Chevrolet website? My dealer said the would not be up and running for weeks, and I can't find it.
On the latest GM dealership card it said the build and price would be up on the official website in February. And you're not alone, I've been dying to play with this as well. It's too bad it won't be up before I have to put my order in the system.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:16 PM
mikelj
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,391 Likes on 683 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BillY2KFRC

On the latest GM dealership card it said the build and price would be up on the official website in February. And you're not alone, I've been dying to play with this as well. It's too bad it won't be up before I have to put my order in the system.
I'm not ordering anything until I have time to research, study, and configure it on the build and price.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:49 PM
schlok
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BillY2KFRC
I thought about going 1ZR on mine, but honestly, when you are spending this much already, it's hard not to option 3ZR. I also figure I'd spend the $1800 on PDR/Nav anyway, plus I really like the carbon wheel and dash which would be at least $2200 from GM or a vendor like Apsis. So now I'm left at $6000 for stuff that I don't really need in a ZR1, but will be nice to have (headliner is sweet). Plus you've gotta think about resale.

I think the upper trim level is nice but they never affect resale value that much.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:24 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

I saw that too and that's complete bs.... car starts at 120 grand...I thought it was bs back in the c6 days too...

Get notified of new replies

To Only Black interior available on 1ZR

Quick Reply: Only Black interior available on 1ZR