C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

StreetSpeed's ZR1 is for sale already

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 12:14 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawMotorsports
According to GM the car is still in the dealer's inventory, has not been put into demo service or anything of the sort.

That being said the new car warranty and driving school claim are true.

Side note, this car has the $5000 customer selectable vin option so it's not necessarily the 4th car built, but it could be the first manual.
The seller has themselves all setup for recourse from someone. IMO Imagine you as a buyer read the full sales ad then buy the thing and then later see all the you tube video's starring your car what was sold as a new car was actually very much a used car. Sales ad says nothing about at all the private owner use that is on you tube for everyone to see.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:06 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
The seller has themselves all setup for recourse from someone. IMO Imagine you as a buyer read the full sales ad then buy the thing and then later see all the you tube video's starring your car what was sold as a new car was actually very much a used car. Sales ad says nothing about at all the private owner use that is on you tube for everyone to see.
3000 miles on the odometer isn't enough of a warning sign?

Plug the VIN into Google. The first hit is Corvette Action Center, which includes a link to the YouTube videos.

Anyone who buys a $140k car without doing at least a little research deserves what they end up with.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jeff V.:
3 Z06ZR1 (06-11-2018), nist7 (06-12-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 07:49 AM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 172 Posts

Looks like this tread has gone a little dormant lately... Now that the car is bid up over MSRP where are all the guys that claim ZR1s are “everywhere” at sticker price? Why would this car (with its history and mileage) be bringing such a price if these potential buyers can just stroll in a dealership and walk out with a new ZR1? Supply and Demand, there is little supply, high demand, and this proves it.

Forget the Youtube videos and “misrepresentation”, the mileage is clearly listed on the auction and the buyer can find the info he/she wants or needs easily with a search. This is likely the most “famous” ZR1 on the planet and the VIN has never been a secret
The following users liked this post:
keagan (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:46 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,221 Posts

Current bid $146,680 with almost 3 days to go. Price met reserve. I suspect the car will come back on the market when the winner of the auction finds out the "rest of the story". For a non-ZTK car with 7M transmission it is overpriced even if it had 0 miles on it.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:56 AM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Originally Posted by range96
Current bid $146,680 with almost 3 days to go. Price met reserve. I suspect the car will come back on the market when the winner of the auction finds out the "rest of the story". For a non-ZTK car with 7M transmission it is overpriced even if it had 0 miles on it.
So what exactly is the "rest of the story"? By law they can sell the car as "new" since it has never been registered. The car is advertised with 3016 miles so no misrepresentation there. Anyone interested in bidding can do a simple google search on the VIN and find info, or better yet search "ZR1" on youtube and there the car is (everywhere)! Check out the first google search result below lol. If anyone bidding on a car like this thinks is hasn't been "put through the paces" and run hard a bit is DELUSIONAL.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:56 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver
Looks like this tread has gone a little dormant lately... Now that the car is bid up over MSRP where are all the guys that claim ZR1s are “everywhere” at sticker price? Why would this car (with its history and mileage) be bringing such a price if these potential buyers can just stroll in a dealership and walk out with a new ZR1? Supply and Demand, there is little supply, high demand, and this proves it.

Forget the Youtube videos and “misrepresentation”, the mileage is clearly listed on the auction and the buyer can find the info he/she wants or needs easily with a search. This is likely the most “famous” ZR1 on the planet and the VIN has never been a secret
Easy for you to say your not a buyer of this car.
The you tube video's are there and so is the misrepresentation that is a new car . Like a scam at this point. You are just proving a sucker is born every minute. These cars can and will be had under MSRP.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:05 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Not a new car period Even the securement of the front bill maybe with sheet metal screws who knows? A video shows it at speeds house with no front bill and he says they had trouble with it staying on.

The list of videos is a long one. At the dyno, at the track, EXHAUST
CHANGE, one EVEN SAYS my new ZR1! Racing another ZR1
racing several other cars.

Brake in? Or lack of! There is that abuse too! Showing AS A NEW CAR!
Old 06-13-2018, 12:11 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Easy for you to say your not a buyer of this car.
The you tube video's are there and so is the misrepresentation that is a new car . Like a scam at this point. You are just proving a sucker is born every minute. These cars can and will be had under MSRP.
See my post above. I guess if you buy a car with miles on the odometer you require documented evidence of each mile driven to make sure it wasn't abused? A car is worth what someone will pay for it, end of story. There is clearly no misrepresentation here and the market is revealing itself. The guys bidding on this car aren't interested in waiting months-years for the deep discounts that will surely be had at some point. They want it NOW but cant get one otherwise they would already have one. Don't call someone a "sucker" because they aren't afraid to spend a little extra to get their toy today rather than wait forever to save a few grand.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:12 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Not a new car period Even the securement of the front bill maybe with sheet metal screws who knows? A video shows it at speeds house with no front bill and he says they had trouble with it staying on.

The list of videos is a long one. At the dyno, at the track, EXHAUST
CHANGE, one EVEN SAYS my new ZR1! Racing another ZR1
racing several other cars.

Brake in? Or lack of! There is that abuse too! Showing AS A NEW CAR!
look up the legal definition of "NEW CAR"... you may be surprised.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Exactly. Obviously it's been used, but legally it's a new car. Everyone's self righteous opinions are worth the pixels they're printed on...
HTXSkydiver (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 12:36 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

BTW, He's taking delivery of his second ZR1 (ZTK car) today or in the next couple of days. Happy hating to all the haters out there!
Old 06-13-2018, 01:18 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

So what exactly is the "rest of the story"? By law they can sell the car as "new" since it has never been registered. The car is advertised with 3016 miles so no misrepresentation there. Anyone interested in bidding can do a simple google search on the VIN and find info, or better yet search "ZR1" on youtube and there the car is (everywhere)! Check out the first google search result below lol. If anyone bidding on a car like this thinks is hasn't been "put through the paces" and run hard a bit is DELUSIONAL.
You missed my point entirely. I agree with you, the car can be sold as new (legally), the ebay listing is showing the milage, no misrepresentation there.
My point was that if I am buying a car for over sticker AND found out its history I would back out of the sale. I could do so without any repercussion since the usage was not disclosed. I guess many others would do the same. My other point I was making is that I would not choose a non-ZTK car and a 7M transmission combination. Neither did Street17, that is why he's getting the second car. Just re-read my post, you will see.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:33 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

You missed my point entirely. I agree with you, the car can be sold as new (legally), the ebay listing is showing the milage, no misrepresentation there.
My point was that if I am buying a car for over sticker AND found out its history I would back out of the sale. I could do so without any repercussion since the usage was not disclosed. I guess many others would do the same. My other point I was making is that I would not choose a non-ZTK car and a 7M transmission combination. Neither did Street17, that is why he's getting the second car. Just re-read my post, you will see.
I agree with everything you said other than you can back out of the sale without repercussion. There is no law stating the seller must disclose anything about how the car was driven, only THAT it was driven which they have clearly done. Since this is an eBay auction the only way a buyer can back out is if the item is not as described. Nothing in the listing violates eBays rules or describes the car inaccurately therefore the buyer of this car (with or without knowledge of the youtube videos, etc) will be 100% committed to buying the car. Finding out it was Streetspeed's car after the fact will mean NOTHING. 3016 miles is 3016 miles, doesn't matter HOW they were put on the car.

When you buy a car (especially a used one) you inspect it to the best of your ability and hope the car was well taken care of by the previous owner, or in this case, "demo driver". The seller is not responsible for anything other than the car "as is" and the odometer reading. How do you know the "NEW" car you buy off the lot with 27 miles on it wasn't doing donuts in the parking lot that morning? Or made 40 passes down a strip? Or taken for a 20 mile hard driven/hi rev joy ride by a mechanic or salesman?
Old 06-13-2018, 02:59 PM
jimjimsC7
Pro

Received 481 Likes on 233 Posts

Listed on Whitmoyer's website as a demo.

http://www.whitmoyerchevybuick.com/V...-PA/3230833683
Old 06-13-2018, 04:42 PM
nist7
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh agreed.

There was a dude I saw on youtube who was buying a "new car" from a dealer but the car itself was some kind of promo car owned by MINI and had way more miles than a new car.

Yes legally, it is a new car.

But personally, I wouldn't consider that a new car. If someone wants to buy a "new" car like that, all the power to them.

Though I suspect most people would want to know what those 3000 miles were from.

At the end of the day the market will bear out if someone will pay for a car.

But to me, I'd never pay new car price for a "new" car with 3000+ miles.....
Old 06-13-2018, 06:15 PM
MATTBEAVER
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 364 Likes on 99 Posts

Just gonna leave this here.. Both vehicles had live buyers in lane, the seller no saled them. Bidder info blacked out for obvious privacy reasons.

Non ZTK coupe 3ZR Auto
ZTK coupe 3ZR Design Pkg Auto

Last edited by MATTBEAVER; 06-13-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:06 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

I agree with everything you said other than you can back out of the sale without repercussion. There is no law stating the seller must disclose anything about how the car was driven, only THAT it was driven which they have clearly done. Since this is an eBay auction the only way a buyer can back out is if the item is not as described. Nothing in the listing violates eBays rules or describes the car inaccurately therefore the buyer of this car (with or without knowledge of the youtube videos, etc) will be 100% committed to buying the car. Finding out it was Streetspeed's car after the fact will mean NOTHING. 3016 miles is 3016 miles, doesn't matter HOW they were put on the car.

When you buy a car (especially a used one) you inspect it to the best of your ability and hope the car was well taken care of by the previous owner, or in this case, "demo driver". The seller is not responsible for anything other than the car "as is" and the odometer reading. How do you know the "NEW" car you buy off the lot with 27 miles on it wasn't doing donuts in the parking lot that morning? Or made 40 passes down a strip? Or taken for a 20 mile hard driven/hi rev joy ride by a mechanic or salesman?
And this is what we disagree on. Couple of pointers to ponder on.

There are legal restriction what a car with dealer plates can and cannot do.

It is not normal use to put a car on the track, most rental agreements, insurance policies explicitly forbid it. Since it is not normal use, the dealer has a responsibility to disclose it IF they are aware of it. Not disclosing it constitutes misrepresentation or even fraud. So, there is your way out of the sale. Let's assume ebay sides with the seller on this (if there is a dispute). That does not mean a dissatisfied buyer cannot sue the seller in a court of law. This is not a used car sale, it is a new, untitled car with miles. Two different things.

BTW, I have no dog in this fight, take my pointers as a friendly advice.

It is possible that the sale will end with both seller and buyer being happy, but somehow I doubt it.
3 Z06ZR1 (06-14-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To StreetSpeed's ZR1 is for sale already

Old 06-14-2018, 08:15 AM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

And this is what we disagree on. Couple of pointers to ponder on.

There are legal restriction what a car with dealer plates can and cannot do.

It is not normal use to put a car on the track, most rental agreements, insurance policies explicitly forbid it. Since it is not normal use, the dealer has a responsibility to disclose it IF they are aware of it. Not disclosing it constitutes misrepresentation or even fraud. So, there is your way out of the sale. Let's assume ebay sides with the seller on this (if there is a dispute). That does not mean a dissatisfied buyer cannot sue the seller in a court of law. This is not a used car sale, it is a new, untitled car with miles. Two different things.

BTW, I have no dog in this fight, take my pointers as a friendly advice.

It is possible that the sale will end with both seller and buyer being happy, but somehow I doubt it.
Please link to the statute or Federal Regulation that backs this up. Sounds like this is your opinion rather than fact/law but I may be wrong
Old 06-14-2018, 10:46 AM
kutlow
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 135 Posts

I see a bunch of jealous people. Was your wives a Virgin when you married her? Somewhere some dude has pics and videos of her doing burn outs. Lmao
Detoxx03 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 11:12 AM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 881 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by kutlow
I see a bunch of jealous people. Was your wives a Virgin when you married her? Somewhere some dude has pics and videos of her doing burn outs. Lmao
lmao!!!

Quick Reply: StreetSpeed's ZR1 is for sale already