C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Oldest order without Tpw?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 08:17 PM
jamesw2066
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Oldest order without Tpw?

So I ordered my car in April, GM accepted the order in May and I have verified numerous times with General Motors that the dealer has an allocation for the car, and GM has confirmed three times that the car will be built and that the dealer has an allocation, But damn, others ordered way later than me and they’re already driving their cars. I ordered a silver ZTK coupe with M7 . I haven’t seen a lot of silver ones built. So just wondering who else out there has had an order confirmed with GM and still has no TPW? Any ideas what the hold up is?
Old 10-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesw2066
So I ordered my car in April, GM accepted the order in May and I have verified numerous times with General Motors that the dealer has an allocation for the car, and GM has confirmed three times that the car will be built and that the dealer has an allocation, But damn, others ordered way later than me and they’re already driving their cars. I ordered a silver ZTK coupe with M7 . I haven’t seen a lot of silver ones built. So just wondering who else out there has had an order confirmed with GM and still has no TPW? Any ideas what the hold up is?
Is it the color or that it’s a manual? Are the cars produced you are aware of M’s or A’s?. My #574 was built in early June. My order was confirmed in Dec.. I got passed over because of the manual. I wonder if thats still going on?
Old 10-21-2018, 07:48 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Ordered 12-20-17
Accepted 12-22-17
Being built week of 11-26-18
this is for an orange w/stick
Dealer told me when I received their last allocation it would not be built before the end of 2018, and the only reason I am getting it now is the number two in line (I was three) switched because he does not want his car until spring 2019.
I had a coupe and convertible with deposits at two local dealerships, then 12-9-2017 I found out they were not getting any allocations, and had to start looking for any dealerships with allocations remaining
Old 10-21-2018, 09:25 AM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by hcvone
Ordered 12-20-17
Accepted 12-22-17
Dealer told me when I received their last allocation it would not be built before the end of 2018, and the only reason I am getting it now is the number two in line (I was three) switched because he does not want his car until spring 2019.
I had a coupe and convertible with deposits at two local dealerships, then 12-9-2017 I found out they were not getting any allocations, and had to start looking for any dealerships with allocations remaining
Without me mentioning anyone by name or his dealership, you may have noticed that a certain celebrity youtuber got not one, but two ZR1’s , both manuals, early on, which he has already sold. The first had a single digit Vin I believe.. beat it like a rented mule before the breakin period. Missed the first required oil change. So GM rewarded him a second. Personally, I didnt think it was a smart move for GM to be rewarding someone who promotes street racing with preferential treatment on getting their most desiresble car. Bad advertising IMO. The kid himself is a nice guy, but what he promotes, is juvenile. My point is simply that someone at GM decides who gets “what” and “when”. It isnt based on the date your order went in or was accepted.

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 10-21-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:53 AM
jamesw2066
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 46 Posts

Ordered 12-20-17
Accepted 12-22-17
So you waited almost a year, wow....I know it’s worth it but at this point with almost another 1000 to build I would think 2019 deliveries would be into early summer. That is if 2000 was the total to be built for 2019, and then there is the whole c8 thing. and with Gm taking so long to build the remaining ZR1’s and C8 waiting in the wings I don’t mind waiting a little longer especially if it’s really a one year run.That’s what I keep telling myself anyway.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:47 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria

Without me mentioning anyone by name or his dealership, you may have noticed that a certain celebrity youtuber got not one, but two ZR1’s , both manuals, early on, which he has already sold. The first had a single digit Vin I believe.. beat it like a rented mule before the breakin period. Missed the first required oil change. So GM rewarded him a second. Personally, I didnt think it was a smart move for GM to be rewarding someone who promotes street racing with preferential treatment on getting their most desiresble car. Bad advertising IMO. The kid himself is a nice guy, but what he promotes, is juvenile. My point is simply that someone at GM decides who gets “what” and “when”. It isnt based on the date your order went in or was accepted.
Was offered two many months ago if I wanted to pay more than sticker, which I didn't even do that for my GT2 RS, so I sure was not going to do for my Corvette, you would think after buying 12 of them you could get early, but NO. Yep who you know helps
Old 10-21-2018, 11:48 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jamesw2066

So you waited almost a year, wow....I know it’s worth it but at this point with almost another 1000 to build I would think 2019 deliveries would be into early summer. That is if 2000 was the total to be built for 2019, and then there is the whole c8 thing. and with Gm taking so long to build the remaining ZR1’s and C8 waiting in the wings I don’t mind waiting a little longer especially if it’s really a one year run.That’s what I keep telling myself anyway.
Yes will be just about a year by the time I get to touch it, just in time for the snow.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:00 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Was offered two many months ago if I wanted to pay more than sticker, which I didn't even do that for my GT2 RS, so I sure was not going to do for my Corvette, you would think after buying 12 of them you could get early, but NO. Yep who you know helps
I, for one, will be very interested in your impressions of the “real world” comparison between the cars. The GT2 RS is a phenominal car, you are fortunate to have one... let alone at MSRP...I’m very curious about it’s “street comfort”... hope you get your ZR1 soon.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:17 PM
duanesZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 264 Likes on 161 Posts

I really don't understand that if you have a event code of 2000 it should go to 3000 in about a week you need to do some double checking something don't seem right. Mine went from 2000 GM excepted to 3000 TPW in three days. I would be on the dealer to find out what is up.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:22 PM
zedbyers
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

ordered and accepted the last week in may. been at 1100 since then. yellow, ZTK, comp seats and A8.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:33 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,978 Likes on 1,216 Posts

The car you're referring to was NOT sold to the consumer. Subsequently, it was sold as a Demo to another person. Since then, the second ZR1 of the Youtube guy was also sold.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:55 PM
duanesZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by zedbyers
ordered and accepted the last week in may. been at 1100 since then. yellow, ZTK, comp seats and A8.
Your order has not been accepted if you are at 1100 that just means the system has accepted the order. Accepted by GM is event code 2000 this will happen when your allocation gets matched to your order evidently the allocation for your order has not been issued to the dealer yet they are passed out all through the production of this car. Read the sticky in C7 general discussion it gives all the details. It is under allocations and constraints ordering a Corvette

Last edited by duanesZ06; 10-21-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:23 PM
zedbyers
Instructor

Originally Posted by duanesZ06
Your order has not been accepted if you are at 1100 that just means the system has accepted the order. Accepted by GM is event code 2000 this will happen when your allocation gets matched to your order evidently the allocation for your order has not been issued to the dealer yet they are passed out all through the production of this car. Read the sticky in C7 general discussion it gives all the details. It is under allocations and constraints ordering a Corvette
sorry, i should have used the words "in the system" after the word accepted. i have had 5 months now to read all about the order process.......
Old 10-21-2018, 05:26 PM
duanesZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

OK just trying to help out out can be very aggravating I know.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:27 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by range96
The car you're referring to was NOT sold to the consumer. Subsequently, it was sold as a Demo to another person. Since then, the second ZR1 of the Youtube guy was also sold.
I believe you are right about the first (low wing).. I think it was implied initially it had been purchased by the youtuber. I dont think I’m misrepresenting the activities on the channel with it’s so-called “Mexican highway races”.. and then back to Pennsylvania the same day. What’s GM thinking when they provide cars to someone who is redlining a brand new motor, doing long burnouts, running the 1/4 mile and street racing before breakin abd then not getting the oil changed when due? God bless whoever ended up with that car. If you ask me, he may be doing McLaren a favor...he’s not done GM any.

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 10-21-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:34 PM
zedbyers
Instructor

Originally Posted by duanesZ06
OK just trying to help out out can be very aggravating I know.
sorry, didn't mean to come across the way that it might have. the most frustrating thing for me is that unsold cars are being delivered to dealers. for the love of god, why isn't a sold order given priority over an unsold one. my schedule for the rest of the year only allows for 1 more HPDE weekend, and i was really hoping to have the ZR1 on hand for the start of next year, but that is not likely to happen. i am somewhat bored with current car and either will start heavily modifying it (which will void warranty) or get something to replace it, which means the ZR1 will be an experience i will not have.
The following users liked this post:
duanesZ06 (10-21-2018)
Old 10-21-2018, 08:24 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,978 Likes on 1,216 Posts

I believe you are right about the first (low wing).. I think it was implied initially it had been purchased by the youtuber. I dont think I’m misrepresenting the activities on the channel with it’s so-called “Mexican highway races”.. and then back to Pennsylvania the same day. What’s GM thinking when they provide cars to someone who is redlining a brand new motor, doing long burnouts, running the 1/4 mile and street racing before breakin abd then not getting the oil changed when due? God bless whoever ended up with that car. If you ask me, he may be doing McLaren a favor...he’s not done GM any.
I have seen both those cars. The cars were never sold to the youtuber! He simply borrowed them for 'test drives'. The cars then were sold as new Demo cars to someone else by the dealer. GM never knew anything about it, and I doubt they would've cared.

Get notified of new replies

To Oldest order without Tpw?

Old 10-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by range96
I have seen both those cars. The cars were never sold to the youtuber! He simply borrowed them for 'test drives'. The cars then were sold as new Demo cars to someone else by the dealer. GM never knew anything about it, and I doubt they would've cared.
For anyone interested in seeing who has their facts straight here, check out old youtubes of Streetspeed 717. They begin with the ordering process, the confirm of build date, delivery and even the first low wing car was referred to as “my ZR1”... salesman bragged about it being the 1st customer manual ZR1 to be delivered . The car was kept at his home in his garage... his buddies business applied Xpel to it.. check it out. Still sound like a loaner?

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 10-21-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:00 AM
c5c6c7
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't think that "kid" is such a nice guy...
He's a cocky#@*# and he throws the F bomb carelessly even though he knows kids are watching his video's.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:13 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I, for one, will be very interested in your impressions of the “real world” comparison between the cars. The GT2 RS is a phenominal car, you are fortunate to have one... let alone at MSRP...I’m very curious about it’s “street comfort”... hope you get your ZR1 soon.
You will hear it, I just hope my ZR1 is built as good as my 2017 Z06/Z07, the paint and fitment were BEYOND good. My GT2 RS is not my daily driver, that is a handful when driven fast, my daily driver and favorite car ever is a 17' turbo s stage 4, out of every car I own or have owned, nothing drives fast better than that, and nothing is more comfortable to drive for a long time.
The following users liked this post:
Rinaldo Catria (10-22-2018)

Quick Reply: Oldest order without Tpw?