C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Performance Intake (RVK) availability

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 07:53 AM
c5c6c7
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

It clearly states on the label "Must Be installed by a certified GM dealership not to void the warranty"
Old 11-21-2018, 07:58 AM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by c5c6c7
It clearly states on the label "Must Be installed by a certified GM dealership not to void the warranty"
I believe its referring to the warrantee on the air box. That’s how I interpreted it. Not the car’s warrantee.. but since I had a dealer install, the point was moot so I didn’t dig deeper. I would get that point clarified if doing a self install for sure.

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 11-21-2018 at 07:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
c5c6c7 (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 01:26 PM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria

I believe its referring to the warrantee on the air box. That’s how I interpreted it. Not the car’s warrantee.. but since I had a dealer install, the point was moot so I didn’t dig deeper. I would get that point clarified if doing a self install for sure.
You’re correct. It’s like buying a part over the counter. They don’t void your warranty on the car for having an ability to install the part and in this case a factory part. The part warranty is applied when installed by a factory tech. That’s the only warranty that won’t exist.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:22 PM
c5c6c7
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Oh really....

please read the bottom line

Last edited by c5c6c7; 11-21-2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Picture didn't process
Old 11-30-2018, 07:22 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,977 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilk43
I just received a call from my dealer that I am on board based on their latest allocation. They indicated that the Performance Intake can no longer be included from GM. Not sure if it is discontinued or only available Dealer Installed. However it still is on the Build Website. I hate to loose 15+ HP. Anyone have info on this?
Gilk
The Performance Intake option is now removed from the Chevrolet Build Website.

Anybody has info on this?
Old 12-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,143 Likes on 597 Posts

My understanding from a source I have on the Corvette Team is that RVK has been discontinued due to a supplier issue. I'm told that it may return at a later time as an aftermarket-only item.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson
My understanding from a source I have on the Corvette Team is that RVK has been discontinued due to a supplier issue. I'm told that it may return at a later time as an aftermarket-only item.
More evidence they don’t plan on making that many more ZR1’s.
Old 12-01-2018, 03:32 PM
aaslanmd
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm at prod code 3000 w/ MacMulkin + was notified this weeks that it was deleted from order due to "production constraint," could NOT be ordered by dealer + sent to BG for Museum Delivery. Dealer recommended ordering from dealer + installation at 500 miles oil/filter change ("to maintain factory warranty").
Old 12-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

In my younger days I built 302’s and 327’s , transplanted them in 55-57 Chevy’s.. converted autos to manuals.. swapped rear end gears. Two weeks ago I nearly busted a finger replacing the battery in my C6 Callaway due to the tight fit caused by the intercooler resevoir. I’m pretty cautious about getting into the deep end of the pool these days. 😂
I hear you BIG TIME.
Thanks for the chuckle
Old 12-02-2018, 12:53 PM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

In my younger days I built 302’s and 327’s , transplanted them in 55-57 Chevy’s.. converted autos to manuals.. swapped rear end gears. Two weeks ago I nearly busted a finger replacing the battery in my C6 Callaway due to the tight fit caused by the intercooler resevoir. I’m pretty cautious about getting into the deep end of the pool these days. 😂
I got my car the other day and installed the intake last night. It’s not that bad. Just read the directions and do your best to interpret the black and white pictures for harness orientations and zip tie locations. FYI the battery doesn’t need to be disconnected and neither does the hood strut. Watch the location of the headlamp harness so that it doesn’t rub on the hood strut. Also, for aligning the blower cover you can do it visually with the lines in the hood. Now that I did one it’s a 30 minute job at the most.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by ss2z06

I got my car the other day and installed the intake last night. It’s not that bad. Just read the directions and do your best to interpret the black and white pictures for harness orientations and zip tie locations. FYI the battery doesn’t need to be disconnected and neither does the hood strut. Watch the location of the headlamp harness so that it doesn’t rub on the hood strut. Also, for aligning the blower cover you can do it visually with the lines in the hood. Now that I did one it’s a 30 minute job at the most.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:47 PM
megan.andrews
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an wonder opportunity!
That’s interesting. I decided to buy one on my own as it's also necessary for me. I got it withing big discount and prefer to be the one who installs it.

Hope it will be a good experience
Old 12-08-2018, 12:21 AM
DARTH VETTER
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

More evidence they don’t plan on making that many more ZR1’s.
this intake fits all C7s. Not sure how you determined that that means an early end to ZR1 production after only 1 year.

Last edited by DARTH VETTER; 12-08-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:51 AM
duanesZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 264 Likes on 161 Posts

I put my Jake CAI on today on my 19 zr1. It took about an hour maybe a little less I found it fairly easy to do. There were no mods I had to do expect taking the plastic line out of a clip on the fender. The coolant line that goes to the plastic revisor is the one that has to come out of the fender clip it is then held by the clip on the CAI. Leave the bolts and rubber bushings on the carbon fiber supercharger cover and there is no alignment problem to deal with. I have to say on another subject that we have all beat to death. When I picked up my car this week at the NCM I had lunch with some of the board members and the delivery guy and the Zr1 end came up they all said 2000 cars is the stoping point for what that is worth just thought I would mention it.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:05 AM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by duanesZ06
I put my Jake CAI on today on my 19 zr1. It took about an hour maybe a little less I found it fairly easy to do. There were no mods I had to do expect taking the plastic line out of a clip on the fender. The coolant line that goes to the plastic revisor is the one that has to come out of the fender clip it is then held by the clip on the CAI. Leave the bolts and rubber bushings on the carbon fiber supercharger cover and there is no alignment problem to deal with. I have to say on another subject that we have all beat to death. When I picked up my car this week at the NCM I had lunch with some of the board members and the delivery guy and the Zr1 end came up they all said 2000 cars is the stoping point for what that is worth just thought I would mention it.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:15 AM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by DARTH VETTER

this intake fits all C7s. Not sure how you determined that that means an early end to ZR1 production after only 1 year.

that is true, however its benefit is marginal on other models... my point was in addition to the elimination of the carbon fiber wicker which fits Z06’s and GS’s, it might support the theory that all C7’s are near their end. I would point out, I wrote that before the news of the C8 delay. I’m totally ambivalent about the issue at this juncture.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:46 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Meanwhile it’s atill being advertised for sale...​​​​​​​

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Intake (RVK) availability

Old 12-08-2018, 07:13 AM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 624 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007

Meanwhile it’s atill being advertised for sale...
If you are looking to buy one, take a look at WeaponZ's carbon fiber solution. It does not have a Jake logo on the air-box but it does have a smooth tube from the box to the throttle body instead of the dryer hose that GM uses. Laminar flow versus turbulent flow into the supercharger affects the volume being received by the Supercharger and every little bit helps. Combined with an x-pipe and a ported throttle body, these 3 after-market items result in dyno proven rear wheel horsepower.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:44 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Repo Pilot
If you are looking to buy one, take a look at WeaponZ's carbon fiber solution. It does not have a Jake logo on the air-box but it does have a smooth tube from the box to the throttle body instead of the dryer hose that GM uses. Laminar flow versus turbulent flow into the supercharger affects the volume being received by the Supercharger and every little bit helps. Combined with an x-pipe and a ported throttle body, these 3 after-market items result in dyno proven rear wheel horsepower.
I have all 3 mods you mention...had the Box installed at PDI
Old 12-08-2018, 08:11 AM
TB427Z06
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilk43
I just received a call from my dealer that I am on board based on their latest allocation. They indicated that the Performance Intake can no longer be included from GM. Not sure if it is discontinued or only available Dealer Installed. However it still is on the Build Website. I hate to loose 15+ HP. Anyone have info on this?
Gilk
It's actually not on the build site as an option anymore (Chevrolet.com) I checked when I was thinking about making a change to my order last week. So when I called my dealer about making a change he said the performance air filter was on constraint, but since I placed my order before it went on constraint, I would still get it. If I changed my order I would lose it.

Last edited by TB427Z06; 12-08-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Performance Intake (RVK) availability