C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Will ZR1 fit on a 78 inch wide open trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 09:01 AM
2003pilot
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by mityaz
I have an 82'' open deck. Quite honestly i think that's the minimum you want. It would probably work with a 80'' deck, but even at 82'' i have to run from side to side and correct with the steering wheel while im winching it up.
So with my 78 inch deck the tires would hang off sides of deck in the rear? I have folks that can help me guide it on the trailer
Old 07-17-2019, 09:06 AM
94Lt1Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 763 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
Time after time but certainly not time after time after time. just sayin'
Plan would be to drive it in with help and get out through the targa.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:54 AM
mityaz
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003pilot
So with my 78 inch deck the tires would hang off sides of deck in the rear? I have folks that can help me guide it on the trailer
If your fenders are not in the way then you will be fine. But if the fenders are gonna be in the way then i would not be comfortable trailering. car can bounce around a bit and possibly contact a fender. at 78'' it will be a press-fit lol
Old 07-17-2019, 11:32 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

I understand there are those that have had straps/j hooks get loose and some have had car shift on the trailer deck while hauling. I can only relate my personal experience from hauling the last 15 years. I have never had a vehicle shift and never had a j hook come loose. I cross over the straps on both ends; LR of car to RR of trailer, RR of car to LR of trailer, etc... I do not have a parking brake on the C5Z and never leave it in gear. Like I said, no problem here towing from Autobahn, Il. to Sebring, Fla. and many tracks in between. I have had the truck and trailer leap into the air while hitting some really bad concrete expansion joints on I-65 but everything stays in place. YMMV.

Quick Reply: Will ZR1 fit on a 78 inch wide open trailer?