C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

ZR1 owners, this mod is for you. Check it out.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Received 530 Likes on 270 Posts
Default ZR1 owners, this mod is for you. Check it out.

Hello, Everyone. We are glad to announce that our 95 mm (LT5/ZR1) throttle body is now available. Please visit our store. Here are a few highlights and pictures. We also have a throttle controller to spice it up even more. Thanks.

FEATURES:
• Optimized Active Contours (Both Upstream & Downstream)
• Porting Taper and Upstream Bore (Lip & Bore Reduction)
• Greater Discharge Coefficient of Plate/Blade
• 16 Ra Microinch, Diamond Polished Surface Finish (Lower Skin Friction)
• Shaftless High-Pressure side for Larger WOT Flow Area (100 mm Effective Bore)
• Self-Cleaning Throat/Flow Gap
• Dome head CRES screws, thread locked
• Made from Brand New OEM Parts

BENEFITS:
• Lower weight to power ratio at part throttle, for a more nimble/spirited driving experience
• Linearization and smoothing of the curve for a more predictable response and crisper shifts
• Immediate response right off idling while keeping idling function undisturbed (No Hesitation/Stumble)
• Eliminate the need for ECM tuning (LT5 only, LT1/LT4 may require tuning)
• More air/power at every single throttle position after idle. Crucial for starting or expanding power gain modifications
• Easy Installation (15 Minutes or Less)

www.solerengineering.com

Last edited by Mike@SolerEngr; 03-24-2020 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Updated Pics
Old 09-12-2019, 12:25 AM
NinjaZX14r
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Throttle body

What cars has it been texted on? What were the HP results?

What is the price of this unit?

where are you located?

How many have you sold?

Who are your satisfied customers?

Any dyno charts ?

NW
The following users liked this post:
Mike@SolerEngr (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 07:12 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Prices are on the web site in his sig. Nice looking t-body, but I just put one on. Not sure if you own a ZR1 or not, but there is No Hesitation and No Stumbling, my Z06's yes for sure, you needed a ported t-body to get the car to run right, this engine is different, it ran really good with the stock t-body, but even better with a ported one.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:13 AM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by NinjaZX14r
What cars has it been texted on? What were the HP results?

What is the price of this unit?

where are you located?

How many have you sold?

Who are your satisfied customers?

Any dyno charts ?

NW
Please, check our website for prices https://www.solerengineering.com/

We are in the AL Mobile Bay area.

We have sold hundreds of LT1/LT4 TB's, the LT5's just came out, so, not many.

Our customers are mainly from this forum, Camaro 6 forums, and CTS-V forum. Many threads and reviews here, in fact, most of the discussion is here too. Everything started here in this forum.

No dyno charts yet. Although this TB modification was designed to work for the ZR1 with the stock tune, it is mostly used by LT1 supercharged and modified LT4's. The test cars happen to be heavily modified and it would be hard to compare apples to apples. I'd add that looking at WOT dyno charts would be very misleading, as it would not catch the main benefits of the TB. Yes, you'd have a more streamlined TB with a larger flow area and it should yield a moderate gain at WOT, but that is just gravy. The meat is at low to part throttle. There is much more info in our website technical page (https://www.solerengineering.com/technical).

Thanks,
Old 09-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 624 Likes on 307 Posts

Do you offer credit for the return of the existing core (95mm) ?
Old 09-12-2019, 02:02 PM
ilkSurfer
Instructor

Received 165 Likes on 92 Posts

Perfect, just placed the order. I have been waiting for this for quite some time now. I am glad it’s finally available for LT5.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:55 PM
TheRobSJ
Drifting

Received 686 Likes on 373 Posts

Interesting. That was the most technical write up about a throttle body I’ve ever read.

Hell I’m sold. Let me get past my first 1000 miles and then I’ll pull the trigger.

Is there any kind of horsepower gain number to put out there?
Old 09-12-2019, 08:23 PM
robmypro
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 55 Posts

Warranty voided with this mod?
Old 09-12-2019, 08:48 PM
.gearhead.
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Unless the dealer is performance “friendly”.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:35 PM
AD2386
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

How does this compare to Nick Williams 103mm TB?
Old 09-12-2019, 10:10 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Repo Pilot
Do you offer credit for the return of the existing core (95mm) ?
Thanks for asking, Pilot. We would like to build stock of reworked used parts to start a core exchange program. We are currently looking to buy used LT5 TB's for a limited time through a $160 refund to those who purchase one of our new parts and send their core within a month of receiving it.

Last edited by Mike@SolerEngr; 09-12-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by TheRobSJ

Is there any kind of horsepower gain number to put out there?
Not yet, but we'll get some and publish it. I can't tell you right now that the right ingredients are there for more power at WOT. Streamlined flow, greater flow area (100 mm equivalent), countersunk screws, reworked blade leading edges, etc. Now this is not the best, one would be missing a lot of the point if only looking at WOT performance.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:23 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by robmypro
Totally and easily under your control. One would have to be careless or forgetful to void it. Super easy to swap and untraceable. I have never heard of a warranty incident with one of ours or any other brand. Most people will tell you this Mod is warranty safe, that makes it very popular.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:32 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by AD2386
Great question. I'll have to do my homework in that regard, but I would not publish a direct brand comparison, at least not publicly. I think only customers can openly tell and hopefully some folks will chime in at some point.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:57 AM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 624 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by AD2386
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerEngr
Great question. I'll have to do my homework in that regard, but I would not publish a direct brand comparison, at least not publicly. I think only customers can openly tell and hopefully some folks will chime in at some point.
It is my understanding that the 103mm throttle body requires a tune. Please let us all know if you find out differently.

Thanks...
Old 09-23-2019, 12:34 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Any new installs and opinions?
Old 09-23-2019, 07:33 PM
ilkSurfer
Instructor

Received 165 Likes on 92 Posts

I replaced my ported TB with Soler this weekend. What a beauty. So far so good...

View this post on Instagram
The following 3 users liked this post by ilkSurfer:
IZR1 (09-27-2019), Mike@SolerEngr (09-24-2019), rob62 (09-24-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 owners, this mod is for you. Check it out.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:22 AM
floraneg
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello everyone,

I've been a member of the forum since I picked up my first Corvette (a C6) back in 2005. Since then, I have gone through a few other Corvettes along the way which included a 2014 C7 Z51 which was then traded in for a 2015 Z06/Z07. I kept the Z06/Z07 until last month when I decided to pull the trigger on a Sebring Orange ZR1 A8 with the ZTK package. I've owned several other sports cars in my time including a few exotics and I have to admit the sluggish pedal response in all my Corvettes has driven me crazy. I've never made any modifications to any of my cars but after reading through several posts here and reading about other forum members commenting on their ported throttle body upgrades, I decided to go for it.

I probably read through every post I could find on the topic and came across Soler. Seeing that I'm not mechanically inclined (Let's be totally honest here... I know how to put gas in a car and start it) I passed the link to Soler's website on to my brother who is an engineer. BIG MISTAKE!!! If any of you are related to an engineer, you know what I'm talking about. You can ask my brother for a light bulb to replace one that has burned out and he will have to go through the history of how it's made and how it works before handing it to you.

Anyway, after going through the detailed information Mike has posted on his site, my brother was very impressed and gave his thumbs up on the purchase. I reached out to Mike with a few questions since I didn't see one for the LT5 . He explained that they were in the final stages of testing one and offered to get me one ASAP. I must say, his customer service is impeccable. After about a week, he reached back to me saying the LT5 TB was ready . We traded a few emails back and forth and he detailed what to expect and offered his assistance if I ran into any issues with the install.

I received the LT5 TB a few days later and installed it that Sunday. We followed the instructions to a T and the whole process took about an hour and a half to install the TB and a CAI on the car. More specific, it took about 15 minutes to install the TB and the rest of the time was spent wrestling with the CAI and throwing some choice words around the garage associated with that install. After we put everything back together, we ran through the learning instructions step by step. We followed the disconnect battery overnight instructions and ran through about six steps before taking it out on the street. I have to say, the pedal response on the ZR1 was much better than my Z06, but with the Soler TB installed, it is absolutely perfect. Response is immediate and shifting is very crisp. The best part is that it doesn't require a tune and you would never know it was changed out looking under the hood.

Seeing the opportunity to add another car to the stable and drive my wife crazy, I came across a deal a week later on a 2019 Camaro ZL1 with the LT4 engine with only 3,100 miles. I couldn't pass it up and had to upgrade that TB too. I placed the order with Soler and received it two days later. Again, after following the overnight instructions with disconnecting the battery, I installed it within 20 minutes was was out on the road within the next 30 enjoying the upgrade. It was like night and day with the LT4. I wish I had done my homework sooner and upgraded my Z06 with a Soler TB. Anyone looking to upgrade their TB either for their Corvette or Camaro, I highly recommend Soler. They are top notch in every aspect and you won't be disappointed.

On a side note, Mike sent me a little goodie to test out on the ZR1. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to install it yet. I've been too busy with work, but as soon as I can get back in the garage and get it installed, I will report back on my thoughts.
The following 4 users liked this post by floraneg:
ernhart333 (09-25-2019), ilkSurfer (09-26-2019), InfiniteReality (10-01-2019), Mike@SolerEngr (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 11:26 AM
TheRobSJ
Drifting

Received 686 Likes on 373 Posts

Crossed my 1000 mile mark this week. Pulled the trigger. Can’t wait to install it!
Mike@SolerEngr (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 09:44 AM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by TheRobSJ
Crossed my 1000 mile mark this week. Pulled the trigger. Can’t wait to install it!
Thank you much. You won't have to wait much. It is on the way, you should have it on Saturday.
TheRobSJ (09-26-2019)

Quick Reply: ZR1 owners, this mod is for you. Check it out.